Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tires at costco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enabled jack mode for them after they drove it into the bay. It was there that I realized also that their rubber door guards that are there to prevent door dings are pointed enough that they could still easily cause shallow dents in the aluminum doors. I pointed out to them that the doors are aluminum and they'll dent just looking at them.

I'm sure they really loved me. Especially after I took detailed photos of the wheels and videos of the outside edges of the rims so that if they scraped or scratched anything I'd have proof of the condition prior. I let them know that the wheels were so documented and that if they had any issues, to stop after the first one. Better to have just one damaged wheel rather than 4.

Never saw so much white grease on any wheels after a tire change as I did on this last trip. They were determined to not scratch them :)

I enabled jack mode for them after they drove it into the bay. It was there that I realized also that their rubber door guards that are there to prevent door dings are pointed enough that they could still easily cause shallow dents in the aluminum doors. I pointed out to them that the doors are aluminum and they'll dent just looking at them.

I'm sure they really loved me. Especially after I took detailed photos of the wheels and videos of the outside edges of the rims so that if they scraped or scratched anything I'd have proof of the condition prior. I let them know that the wheels were so documented and that if they had any issues, to stop after the first one. Better to have just one damaged wheel rather than 4.

Never saw so much white grease on any wheels after a tire change as I did on this last trip. They were determined to not scratch them :)
I don't know about your Costco but mine is an ordeal if you want tires. People line up early in the morning just to get in first. It isn't worth the stress to me. America's Tire, on the other hand, you can make an appointment online and they have a database that has the technician ask if you have air suspension and I have confirmed (asked) what torque settings the lug nuts should be and what they have in their system.

I was hesitant of them possibly damaging my battery for tire rotation but been there twice so far and haven't had an issue. Even though I didn't buy the tires from them (OEM) they do it for free.

Reactions: CalBlue 85D
I don't know about your Costco but mine is an ordeal if you want tires. People line up early in the morning just to get in first. It isn't worth the stress to me. America's Tire, on the other hand, you can make an appointment online and they have a database that has the technician ask if you have air suspension and I have confirmed (asked) what torque settings the lug nuts should be and what they have in their system.

I was hesitant of them possibly damaging my battery for tire rotation but been there twice so far and haven't had an issue. Even though I didn't buy the tires from them (OEM) they do it for free.

They did ask me the torque value which I replied 135 ft-lbs, but I I redid it at home anyways. I don't ever trust someone else with my lug torque after nearly losing a wheel 20 years ago.

I'm in Merced. They told me a 2 hour wait but they were done in an hour. I went at nearly the end of the day so if they really had taken two hours, they would have been long closed by the time they finished.

My Costco is line free, except as the first snowfall of the year approaches. Then they open up at 6am on a first-come first-serve basis. It's a madhouse. The one year I showed up at 6am and wasn't able to get in. The next day I showed up at 5am and I was still 4th in line.

They "serviced" my TPMS without asking me and then charged me the $12 after the fact. They're supposed to ask you before and I always decline. There is no servicing to do. They replace the nut and washer. They claim they are universal but aren't actually identical. I've had the same ones on my Prius without ever changing the nuts for 250K miles.

They "serviced" my TPMS without asking me and then charged me the $12 after the fact. They're supposed to ask you before and I always decline. There is no servicing to do. They replace the nut and washer. They claim they are universal but aren't actually identical. I've had the same ones on my Prius without ever changing the nuts for 250K miles.
I noticed in the fine print for Discount Tire that they charge the same $3 per tire to "service" the TPMS.

Just had new tires put on at Costco. Wonderful experience.

I shopped prices on the Michelin primacy 19s- Costco at $850, Tesla at 1200 and a local place(that I had used many times in the past) at 1600. Couldn't believe the range.

I had to pay and then they ordered them; then made appointment. It took a little over an hour. They had done one Tesla previously,so had some knowledge of lifting it. They didn't service the tpms and actually told me and refunded my $12.50. I appreciate the honesty.

I spent the hour shopping for hundreds of dollars of stuff I probably didn't need.

I'll be a repeat tire customer at Costco.

It ended up costing me about $1k to install 4 goodyear eagle touring tires to replace my balding michelin primacy 19" tires at the Tesla service center this week.

When I had last gone to a nearby costco center (Bay area, CA), they hadn't done many Tesla tire installations. And they were quick to point out that I would need to bring the car to a dealership/service center afterwards because Costco does not do tire alignments after installation and that the alignment check is required to be under tire warranty.

The cost difference between buying new tires with installation at the Tesla service center and going to a Costco plus paying for a separate alignment check at a tire service center is small IMO as some others have pointed out. Especially if the Costco doesn't have alot of experience with Tesla vehicles...

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
oh geeze . . .tires are tires - put a jack under the car - prepare the car - take off the wheel - put a new tire on it - balance it - replace - repeat.

America's Tire doesn't charge you to reset the TPMS either - or don't reset the TPMS - as long as the wheels are put back in the same place- all the sensor does is measure air pressure - but the air pressure at the right pressure and drive off. It's ez enuf to mark the wheels and put them back in the same place.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
When I had last gone to a nearby costco center (Bay area, CA), they hadn't done many Tesla tire installations. And they were quick to point out that I would need to bring the car to a dealership/service center afterwards because Costco does not do tire alignments after installation and that the alignment check is required to be under tire warranty.

Show me in writing where it says you're required to get a a wheel alignment to maintain your warranty? Now if you have uneven tire wear because of bad alignment, that of course will void your warranty but I've never seen a tire warranty state that you must get an alignment, only that uneven wear due to bad alignment is not covered. These are NOT the same thing.

Reactions: MIT_S60 and ucmndd
I Just got a new set of perellis cinturato P7 replacing my factory Goodyear’s from my local sams club. I know the technician for years and he have done a roadster and a model x before. So I didn’t have any big issues. Now to lift the vehicle I made sure it was lifted properly and I also provide them with hockey pucks that works perfectly to lift the car without damaging the battery pack. Now price wise Goodyear’s at tesla with no warranty a little over 1000. The pirellis with 70k mike warranty 860$.

I'll be honest [again] you don't need to 'lift' a car to do tires- if you ask nicely a good tire shop will simply lift one wheel at a time - you can't balance more than one at a time most places - so whats it matter? Sure - it takes maybe 10 min longer but when you point out they don't want to damage a $30k battery pack, I bet they're a lot more receptive to the idea!

I'll be honest [again] you don't need to 'lift' a car to do tires- if you ask nicely a good tire shop will simply lift one wheel at a time - you can't balance more than one at a time most places - so whats it matter? Sure - it takes maybe 10 min longer but when you point out they don't want to damage a $30k battery pack, I bet they're a lot more receptive to the idea!

...and you can't rotate that way either.