Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TM3 falls short of CR recommendations due to worst emergency braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's the Canada regional forum. It's for things related to Canada. It doesn't make sense to have parallel threads in every region to discuss effectively the same thing.

Canada, due to its harsher climates and driving conditions, usually gets cars that have more "heavy duty" equipment than those sold south of the border. Those findings by CR related to driving (and stopping) may therefore possibly be going to be worse in Canada? In any case, this car is being sold in Canada too now and may not be a bad thing for this concern be posted here as well. There are plenty of duplications, and safety-related ones may be more helpful than detrimental in more than one place, IMHO.

Canada, due to its harsher climates and driving conditions, usually gets cars that have more "heavy duty" equipment than those sold south of the border. Those findings by CR related to driving (and stopping) may therefore possibly be going to be worse in Canada? In any case, this car is being sold in Canada too now and may not be a bad thing for this concern be posted here as well. There are plenty of duplications, and safety-related ones may be more helpful than detrimental in more than one place, IMHO.

His point is, this applies to Model 3's in general. It's not Canada specific. There is a whole Model 3 forum for such things.

Reactions: rypalmer
Elon just sent out this tweet:
Twitter
BjY8lsp.jpg

His point is, this applies to Model 3's in general. It's not Canada specific. There is a whole Model 3 forum for such things.

Sure, but some people like me here on the Canadian sub forum do not have the time to peruse all those Model 3 forums out there; to each his own. Consequently, I would have missed this very interesting safety related cautionary piece of information from one of the most widely read journals, Consumer Reports, so I found this informative post here useful. Thank you, OP. All the OP did was post a link pointing to the original main thread..

Last edited: