Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC going down for maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure how to insert an inline image. I figured out how to attach documents. When I attempted to create an album, I don't have the authority to view or add to that album, so that I can put it inline. The image attach feature only permits me to reference external URL's (and doesn't seem to upload).

Well, good work getting things back online.

The loss of the entire reputation system, even though it wasn't the greatest, is a huge bummer. Having worked towards getting to #2 on the forum for a couple of years now and losing it entirely is disheartening. Kills some of the value I have for TMC being my go to for posting new stuff. :(

Cant seem to find a way to set number of posts per page. I seriously can not handle the tiny pages. That's basically a forum deal breaker for me in itself if I can't get at least 100 posts per page.

Looks like I can still edit my first posts. That's a plus.

The width adjustment at the bottom of the page doesn't stick and keeps snapping back to thin when I go to a new page.

The aesthetic changes.... I generally prefer function over form, but I think probably lost something on the aesthetics side.

Don't have time to message around right now, but hopefully things settle a bit.

It takes a minute to get used to the new look, but so far so good.

Two question

1) Is it possible to sort the messages in a thread so the the newest is at the top like in the old system?

2) Is the performance what you are expecting, or is the software still 'settling in'?

Some feedback (trying to be constructive, not critizising):

- Site as it is right now is very sluggish. Perhaps consider upgradring from the Raspberry Pi server :eek: (just kidding, I'm sure this will get better with tweaking). Could it have something to do with the HTTPS protocol? Or is the database not properly indexed yet?

- Like wk commented it's dissappointing if number of posts per page isn't user defineable.

- According to Tapatalk, which I know many people like to use to browse and post from mobile, XenForo is supported through a server end plugin (Tapatalk Download). Hopefully you're considering adding support for it eventually.

- Thanks for all the work on TMC doug, and to all the admins!

Well I'm glad you're on XenForo... I run it on 3 sites and it's awesome... but it's slow here on TMC... really slow... I'm sure it's a server issue that will be worked out soon though.

I'm not a huge fan of the theme you're using but it'll probably grow on me.

XenForo is way way way better than vB.... Love the site and I'm sure things will get better once the growing pains end. I converted a couple of sites a year or two to XF and there was always a user revolt to change but they all came around.