Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Elon Musk RE: My Former Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow this is just so wrong..... I loved driving that car. If I wanted to just return the car form the get go there was no reason to order 2 more and waste my time and aggravation. Get real....

So here's a thought: Why didn't you accept one of the vehicles and negotiate for Tesla to pay to have it professional detailed by a company of your choice? There's a number of threads and posts on the topic on this forum and company recommendations as well as pictures of their work.

So here's a thought: Why didn't you accept one of the vehicles and negotiate for Tesla to pay to have it professional detailed by a company of your choice? There's a number of threads and posts on the topic on this forum and company recommendations as well as pictures of their work.

They acknowledged my issues could not be fixed properly by 3rd parties, they tried.

And like I said before anyone with a paint meter can see your car has had paint work and that deminishes value.

Again you guys are way to hung up on EV......its not an excuse to build cars with poor fit and finish. the only person that is parting you from your money for less value than you deserve is TESLA, and that's the point. Over paying for a car that STILL RUNS ON COAL OR OTHER FOSSIL FUELS is just kidding your self. Unless you have solar panels on your house, your car is still gets a majority of electricity from fossil fuels. Those Lithium batteries are also horrible for the environment. Car sales are not lagging because its a home run.......

What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

That assertion is not necessarily true.

I bought my MS because I loved the performance and style, I love the fact that is doesnt pollute locally, I don't have to visit gas stations twice a week and can just plug it in when I get home, I love the interface and utilisation of technology such as the large screen, and I love the clean and uncluttered interior and I also love the fact that I can pre-heat and cool it from the app so I can always get into a temperate cabin. The fact that is an EV is almost incidental as far as I am concerned.

I am also fastidious over my paintwork and take great care in detailing the car periodically. Is the paintwork perfect - no, is it bad enough for me to take the car back - no way, I have had worse paint on a previous Audi A5 coupe. Everyone to their own, but as I say - your loss imho.

I do see why the fit and finish sucks...... Y'all make no bones about it and just take what you are given.....nothing going to change with that attitude. Eventually other car cos will catch up with a better mouse trap and boom, by by Tesla.

I do see why the others car manufacturers continue to make the same crap they have made the last 20 years. Because folks like you don't demand performance and quality in driving comfort. They are carried away by eye candy stuff like spotless paint and knobs and buttons throughout. Eventually Tesla will also get the eye-candy stuff right, and then bada-bing boom. Bankruptcies and mergers for gas giants.

• Disagree
Reactions: KZKZ and MikeC
They acknowledged my issues could not be fixed properly by 3rd parties, they tried.

And like I said before anyone with a paint meter can see your car has had paint work and that deminishes value.

First of all, the number of people who walk around with a paint meter when buying a used vehicle is miniscule. Seriously.
Two, negotiate for Tesla to have the vehicle entirely repainted. Would have been less expensive then building you two more that still didn't meet your standards.

I do see why the fit and finish sucks...... Y'all make no bones about it and just take what you are given.....nothing going to change with that attitude. Eventually other car cos will catch up with a better mouse trap and boom, by by Tesla.

I think you're missing the point here. 400,000 reservations for a car they've never even seen in person that's at least a year away from production say everything's going to change because of our (and Tesla's) attitude. It's just a pity the rest of the industry doesn't seem to be paying much attention.

Reactions: Krugerrand
Wow this is just so wrong..... I loved driving that car. If I wanted to just return the car form the get go there was no reason to order 2 more and waste my time and aggravation. Get real...

Based on what you wrote you expected paint quality of a car that matches Tesla's performance...but it's hard to tell if that's the case w/o pictures.

Reactions: Troy
I think you're missing the point here. 400,000 reservations for a car they've never even seen in person that's at least a year away from production say everything's going to change because of our (and Tesla's) attitude. It's just a pity the rest of the industry doesn't seem to be paying much attention.

GM almost sells that many cars in a month.....and if they can get fit and finish right so can Tesla. The consumer has to demand it.

It was hoped by many that you'd have returned after a good sleep with purposeful intentions to rectify your situation instead of more bickering. And ultimately enjoy the new car you designed for yourself instead of losing out. Nope.

Your principles as you stated last night were so important and they've won, yay for you. Your actions and reactions along the way blew your opportunity, not the paint. There are many early X owners that endured far more serious problems and delays than you, and they managed to maturely work out amicable solutions ultimately driving away in an incredible machine.

Instead, you chose to give back the keys, walk away and you are getting a check. What more do you want here?
Lots of lessons for both sides without compromising either's principles. Good luck Q.

It was hoped by many that you'd have returned after a good sleep with purposeful intentions to rectify your situation instead of more bickering. And ultimately enjoy the new car you designed for yourself instead of losing out. Nope.

Your principles as you stated last night were so important and they've won, yay for you. Your actions and reactions along the way blew your opportunity, not the paint. There are many early X owners that endured far more serious problems and delays than you, and they managed to maturely work out amicable solutions ultimately driving away in an incredible machine.

Instead, you chose to give back the keys, walk away and you are getting a check. What more do you want here?
Lots of lessons for both sides without compromising either's principles. Good luck Q.

I have tried to no avail.... How many more cars should I order while I can barely drive my untitle un plated Model x and tesla sits on my 113k. It's not like they are expidighting building replacements for me or doing anything else to make it right. They offer me nothing but another car with more flaws...... Tesla failure not mine.

Y'all make no bones about it and just take what you are given
This is flat out false. Most of us do indeed make "bones" about it but the difference is that we work cooperatively with Tesla toward a solution. We provide valuable feedback and they spend a lot of service hours dealing with their mistakes. I prefer to assume the best intentions, so my belief is that they want the vehicle to be the best it can be, just as I do.

You haven't looked around this forum if you think people just accept anything. Maybe we are just more willing to work with a company side by side instead of pitting ourselves head to head.