Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Model 3 Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Partial Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
  • Orvis Dog Hammock
  • Soppy GSD (Sophie)
Let me know how the Orvis hammock is. I’ve got a cheap hammock to test my greyhounds in. Works well in my Kuga.

FYI, I've seen on YouTube that t’s pretty easy to remove the back seat on the Model 3 so the backs fold flat. A couple of release catches and unplugging the seatbelt sensor.

Does anyone know of any LR Model 3's with tow bar being delivered yet? Seems like there are a few P and SR delivered but haven't heard of any LR yet.
I asked about tow bars and 19” wheels at Stockport yesterday, “for a friend”.

They’ve not had any cars with towbars, but have delivered a few with the 19” wheels, so they appear to be trickling through. Yesterday they were handing over between 30 and 40 cars.

Arrrggghhh --- the heat is getting to me and I'm having aTow Bar crisis!

I've ordered an LR AWD with tow hitch.

My Mrs has ordered a lease SR+, without a tow hitch. Her lease renews November so she isn't going to get her car until then.

I'm contemplating adjusting the orders so her car has the Tow Bar and mine doesn't. I'll just borrow hers on the occasions I need to use the tow bar. Hopefully that would mean I got mine quicker and it wouldn't delay hers.

Maybe this would result in further delays? Feel like I am losing the plot and should probably wait it out.

Any thoughts appreciated..

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 13.10.38.png

*I am now knowingly related to @Roy W I am not expecting a Darth / Luke moment..

I’d wait it out.
Tow bars are due early September
( My date of the 5th has not changed yet)
Towing will benefit from both more battery and more grip so if you swap it to your wife’s car you are loosing capability.
I’d also not risk the wrath of damaging a wife’s beloved car. Towing seems to bring out lots of little scrapes and bumps although I’m hopeful that the cameras will make hitching up easy.

Reactions: Fullerene