Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Fault (And service scheduled for 1 month out)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another update! I reached out to Tesla via Support Chat to inquire about the part. I asked if they take pride in taking less time to build and deliver a car than to fix a tire. Surprisingly, the SC had received the sensor (although they did NOT start the conversation, I had to ask them!), and my MOBILE appointment is scheduled for next Monday (Oct 26th), at my Office's Parking Lot.

I added the facts that I have a slow leak on my Left Rear tire and that my Left Rear door won't shut without considerable force (it was not beautifully aligned when I took delivery and they "fixed" it, it looks better but it won't shut as easily as the others).

I'm so happy I finally have a date to get rid of the annoyingly persistent TPMS error messages, and looking forward to the next issues!

I insisted on calling them yesterday. I learned that Tesla has a Mobile Tech team and also a Mobile Tire team. Hopefully this is useful information, they CAN and DO mobile tire service with a more well equipped truck!

Back to the topic. The Tire Truck guy was stuck in NJ (I'm in PA), so he would be 6 hours late. It's not his fault so I didn't give him a hard time. In fact, I asked if it would benefit him if I waited, he said that it really wouldn't, so I confirmed a SC appointment for Wednesday (all of this happened on a Monday). So Today, Tuesday, I'm dropping my car and picking up a loaner while they fix my TPMS sensor and some other unrelated issues that I figured I'd take advantage to fix since I'm dropping it anyways.

It's a journey already, stay tuned for more!

Dropped the car yesterday, around 5PM, got my car back today at lunch! They fixed the TPMS and I'm happy to not see that annoying message anymore. I was getting used to it and that sucks! They also fixed one of my doors that needed a lot of force to shut, and a complimentary general inspection. Nothing else seems to be bad!

THE END! (I hope lol)

UPDATE: After a week of having everything unplugged from all USB ports, I have had ZERO TPMS fault messages. Last Friday I plugged in the USB-A to MicroSD card adapter with a Samsung Pro Endurance MicroSD card for Sentry mode recording and so far, five more days without TPMS fault messages. Im beginning to think it just might be the USB hub. I'll plug that back in in a couple of days to see what happens.

29 Oct UPDATE: Plugging the USB hub caused the HomeLink to work only 50% of the time when leaving or returning home (set to auto open/close) It worked fine manually pressing the button to open the garage. Removing the USB Hub has made the HomeLink 100% again. While I didn't get any more TPMS message the week I had the USB Hub plugged back in I did have HomeLink issues so its now in the trash.
On a side note, this is now of the Amazon page where I purchased the hub:
"Note: 2.4GHz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended."

• Helpful
Reactions: helvio
29 Oct UPDATE: Plugging the USB hub caused the HomeLink to work only 50% of the time when leaving or returning home (set to auto open/close) It worked fine manually pressing the button to open the garage. Removing the USB Hub has made the HomeLink 100% again. While I didn't get any more TPMS message the week I had the USB Hub plugged back in I did have HomeLink issues so its now in the trash.
On a side note, this is now of the Amazon page where I purchased the hub:
"Note: 2.4GHz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended."
Thank you for the insight! I do have a USB Hub on my Model Y, by TAPTES, and also HomeLink. I never had an issue when opening on arrival, but closing, yes. Even before I had the Hub. If you're looking for a hub, I could (almost) recommend the TAPTES. Read the amazon reviews, they're bad, but accurate. I wouldn't remove it from the ports as it's extremely difficult to reinstall. And the magnetic lid falls for nothing. Apart from that, it works and I'm happy with it. I 50% recommend it, pulling the trigger is your call :)

Reactions: CaptJaC
Sorry, to make it clear, closing is probably a range issue. I back in to my garage. I'm thinking about extending the garage motor antenna to circumvent that. Nothing ever changed with or without the hub, just wanted to make that clear(er)!

Reactions: CaptJaC
So, my sensor just came on and won't clear. This may have been the result of the garage I took the car to for an inspection also having removed one wheel to look for a slow leak (at my request). They didn't find a leak, but is this possible the cause?

First thing to try?

Try a soft reset, drive around for day.
Do you mean one of these methods?

Model 3/Y Full Vehicle Soft Reboot (Reset)​

Method 1:

1. Place vehicle in park, with all doors shut
  2. Go to Controls > Safety and Security > Power Off
  3. Don’t touch anything (brake, doors, steering wheel, touchscreen, etc) for at least two minutes (though it may be best to wait at least five).
  4. After two (or five) minutes has passed, press the brake or open the door to start the Model 3/Y

Method 2:

1. Place vehicle in Park, with all doors shut
  2. Press and hold the brake pedal
  3. Press and hold both scroll wheels
  4. Keep the brake and buttons pressed until the screen comes back on

Reactions: Stevie Jewel
That is a hard reset. I would try the soft reset first. Press and hold both scroll wheels for ~15 seconds. (Do this while the vehicle is in park.) The soft reset reboots the center screen and computer. The hard reset reboots the whole vehicle.

Reactions: HeyEph