Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking and reporting of reservations, orders, and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just after midnight, I checked the order. It now shows confirmed. While the Design Studio is no longer available for the confirmed order, the spec sheet can be viewed as shown. At 12:03 AM an email arrived as shown. After 1:30 AM I noticed the VIN on MyTesla.
Congrats! Thank-you for taking the time in providing such valuable information. Really appreciated. And yes, would love to know the VIN. I want to have a dashboard item on that! ;)

Just after midnight, I checked the order. It now shows confirmed. While the Design Studio is no longer available for the confirmed order, the spec sheet can be viewed as shown. At 12:03 AM an email arrived as shown. After 1:30 AM I noticed the VIN on MyTesla.
Please do NOT "Reply With Quote" to avoid the duplication of these graphics, thank you!

Please do NOT "Reply With Quote" to avoid the duplication of these graphics, thank you!

I usually delete the attachments from the quoted portion to avoid making things über long. ;)

Also, congrats! That is going to be a handsome color combination. I'm currently leaning towards that exact interior combo with the blue paint and 22" wheels. I'm very excited for you.

Mark: Moving quickly! Hope production to delivery time moves at that pace as well. I am curious: What are the last 5-6 digits of the VIN if you don't mind sharing? Congratulations................:wink:
Thanks to all who have shared their congratulations. I entered the number at the X tracker. If it were binary, it would be Bonnie's place in line!

Thanks for sharing Mark Z! Congratulations! Any mention of delivery date?
No mention of delivery date. The only promise I have verbally received from local management is "by the end of the year". They want the Model X to be right, and I want them to take their time.

nice color combo, I'm not a fan of red but this looks good.
I enjoy Signature Red with Model S and was extremely pleased to find it available for Model X Signature. The neighbors might not notice the difference, until they see the Tesla EV roll into the garage by itself.

Congrats! Thank-you for taking the time in providing such valuable information. Really appreciated. And yes, would love to know the VIN. I want to have a dashboard item on that! ;)
It's now in the tracker!

I usually delete the attachments from the quoted portion to avoid making things über long. ;)
Also, congrats! That is going to be a handsome color combination. I'm currently leaning towards that exact interior combo with the blue paint and 22" wheels. I'm very excited for you.
Thanks to all for avoiding the carbon copy of attachments. Figured Ash Wood is a leap of faith since no samples are available. I asked for photos or a quick lobby peek at Hawthorne if someone would show me. They turned me down on that request. I did appreciate the verbal explanation that it is between gloss and matte. I just don't want to see the leaves of the trees reflecting in the décor. Carbon Fiber is excellent, but I have enjoyed it for almost 3 years so I will step back in time to the Escalade look. With the décor wrapping around the occupants, it will take seeing the Model S in person to gain a feel for the result. The larger windshield will change everything, so I am hoping it is love at first sight. With all their years of design and planning, Model X should be amazing.

The blue is electrifying! I look forward to take a single photo of all three Red, White and Blue Model X with Falcon Wings raised.
The 22" wheels are great for now, I most likely will buy 20" later. With Model S it was about the same price for new 19" wheels and tires than the price for only new tires for the 21" wheels.

Last edited:
Paul, I've registered and have been enjoying your new site. However, one frustration has been that I have to log in every time I visit. I was just on it 30 minutes ago (logged in) and yet when I returned just now, it wanted me to log in again. I am accepting cookies from modelxtracker.com . Is there a fix so that logins persist, at least for 24 hours if not a week or so?

Paul, I've registered and have been enjoying your new site. However, one frustration has been that I have to log in every time I visit. I was just on it 30 minutes ago (logged in) and yet when I returned just now, it wanted me to log in again. I am accepting cookies from modelxtracker.com . Is there a fix so that logins persist, at least for 24 hours if not a week or so?
Thanks ChrisC. Currently it times out after 20 minutes or so. I can easily extend it or we can add a Remember me feature that allows it to stay logged in for a day or week. Would anyone have any objections if I increase it to 24 hours tomorrow?

Paul

No mention of delivery date. The only promise I have verbally received from local management is "by the end of the year". They want the Model X to be right, and I want them to take their time.

Good on you for having your priorities straight. But... telling number 2 binary in decimal 'end of year' : that's really not how I expect/hope the ramp up is going to happen.

yah no problems with me neither.
Cool. Done + bonus features that were intermixed so they went a little early.

Current Version: 1.2.3 (September 10, 2015 10:30 Pacific Daylight Time)

Changes since 1.2.2 highlighted in red.

Enhancements and Features Released

• Session Timeout and Welcome Login Note
    • Session will now last 24 hours if you keep your browser open. Please log out if you are on a shared computer.
  • Dashboard Stats and Activity Views
    • Added last 24 hours metric and view. You can now see newly created records in the last day.
  • News Flash Timeline
    • Breaking News in the last 24 hours in a timeline view. Dismissable like the login notification.
  • Timeline
    • View the entire News Flash Timeline.
  • Reports and Graphs
    • New Graph and Report index pages. Each individual report/graph has navigation back to the index at the top (to the right of "User Dashboard").
  • Updated "My Data" Side Menu (Previously "My Reservations/Orders")
    • Now lists all your reservations, orders, deliveries, and cancellations before the Add and View items.

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. Thank-you for all the feedback. Suggestions and comments very welcome & appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: The need to keep the browser open to keep the session for 24 hours is only temporary. (It was a quick way to improve the session timeout). I'll come up with a more permanent "Keep me Logged In" option.

In the "Highest VIN" section, it states: STARTS WITH 5YJXCAE40GFS000. This would indicate they are assigning VINs with a 2016 model year already (G in 10th position). Is this really verified as the VIN format or just a guess?

Thanks Paul for acting so quickly on my persistent-login request!

I see you fixed the "X" in the upper right corner of notifations. It wasn't working for me yesterday, but is today.

You have a few typos in the "Security Notice" popup, particularly in "unsuccessful".

Mark Z is the one who posted his VIN - he was joking that if it was binary, he'd have Bonnie's spot...
It was a fun way of dropping a hint. While I doubt it will change, I'd rather wait until delivery before putting the number in a post. I was protective of my order sequence through the years by just saying I was among the first 25. I look forward to others to post their VIN stub in the X Tracker so Paul can track the manufacturing.

It was a fun way of dropping a hint.
Yeah, it was kinda obvious for some in this audience, I guess.
I was protective of my order sequence through the years by just saying I was among the first 25.
I'm curious... why? I obviously was never concerned about this, my reservation sequence number is in my Signature :) - but I'm sure you have a reason why you don't want people to know your exact sequence number...
I look forward to others to post their VIN stub in the X Tracker so Paul can track the manufacturing.
Yes, I was hoping to get others to enter teir VIN numbers - that's what triggered my post above...

I'm curious... why? I obviously was never concerned about this, my reservation sequence number is in my Signature :) - but I'm sure you have a reason why you don't want people to know your exact sequence number...
Maybe for the same reason I cut out my name and address from junk mail that is recycled. Even the bank ads are shredded. Security of numbers is more important than ever. After the Target data theft, it became more critical. When a debit card arrived unannounced, it was discovered that someone in my city of previous residence used my name, SSN and DOB to get the card, no id needed at T-Mobile! I have since frozen all the credit reports and got an ID number from the IRS, that solved most everything. But even getting coffee at the San Diego Supercharger caused a multiple credit card transaction in the new coffee shop at Qualcomm. Another new card had to be issued. The need to protect numbers and personal data is always on my mind.

With the ordering process underway, the sequence and VIN number becomes more important for tracking. Before now, the sequence offered bragging rights. I am blessed to be able to buy Model X, but it's cost is a bit embarrassing. Even the Cadillacs I have owned were not over 100K. In sharing the number, I would like people to be pleased that Tesla is now manufacturing Model X and moving forward. For Tesla's sake, I will share the news. For my sake, it's just a number that for now is envied, but if early problems occur, could be a detriment. With Model S Signature the quality was exceptional. I look forward to the same quality in Model X. If that occurs, then I will truly be blessed with the delays and additional engineering that is being accomplished for a quality product that America and the world can appreciate for it's design and encouragement for a better tomorrow.

Aside: Credit Freeze and Thaw Guide
<snip> I have since frozen all the credit reports and got an ID number from the IRS, that solved most everything. <snip>
Small pain to unfreeze and may cost a minor amount depending on your state but when you/SO have worked hard to get where you are at you want to be cautious. We've experienced some issues and take all precautions as well.
Credit Freeze and Thaw Guide | Clark Howard

Thanks Paul for acting so quickly on my persistent-login request!

I see you fixed the "X" in the upper right corner of notifations. It wasn't working for me yesterday, but is today.

You have a few typos in the "Security Notice" popup, particularly in "unsuccessful".
Thanks for the feedback. This is all for the community, so the more feedback and suggestions the better it will become for you! :)

Re: "Close X icon" Yes, I noticed that when I was trying to fix an issue with the security notice causing the content not to collapse as expected. Fixed. Typos, fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

side note: darn, I missed my post 1,000. I knew I was close and was going to save it for something special. Doh.