Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking and reporting of reservations, orders, and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like orange dots are spread around.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/iiXgNmZ.png
iiXgNmZ.png

The VIN that appeared last week is no longer displayed when logging in to "My Tesla".

I see that as a good thing if the eventual VIN ends up higher than originally displayed. I am pleased if the Founders receive the early VINs while the learning curve of Model X manufacture rises with more production.

For now, the old data has been removed from Model X Tracker. If a new number (or the original) appears, I will update at that time. If the VIN is the same, I have saved the original date offline to accurately restore the original date.

I am hoping I am writing in the correct thread: I am a MX signature reservation holder below 500...I can't seem to find any information, anywhere about HOW MANY model X cars will actually be delivered on Sept. 29. Does anyone know? If so, is there a way to estimate when I might be contacted about configuring my car?

I am hoping I am writing in the correct thread: I am a MX signature reservation holder below 500...I can't seem to find any information, anywhere about HOW MANY model X cars will actually be delivered on Sept. 29. Does anyone know? If so, is there a way to estimate when I might be contacted about configuring my car?
Just some founders on Sept 29. No word on dates for Signature holders yet at all.

If you haven't already been invited to configure, based on the rates so far you likely get an invite within the next week, likely by Monday or Tuesday. Last reported USA Signature # 448 was invited just yesterday.

The VIN that appeared last week is no longer displayed when logging in to "My Tesla".

I see that as a good thing if the eventual VIN ends up higher than originally displayed. I am pleased if the Founders receive the early VINs while the learning curve of Model X manufacture rises with more production.

For now, the old data has been removed from Model X Tracker. If a new number (or the original) appears, I will update at that time. If the VIN is the same, I have saved the original date offline to accurately restore the original date.

IIRC, for Model S: founders, signature, and production had a slight difference in their VIN prefixes. So there was a sig produced with its VIN ending in 000001, and a production also ending in 000001.

By now, the VIN prefix coding should be registered with the govt. I recall that someone found it for Model S and shared it on TMC.

IIRC, for Model S: founders, signature, and production had a slight difference in their VIN prefixes. So there was a sig produced with its VIN ending in 000001, and a production also ending in 000001.

By now, the VIN prefix coding should be registered with the govt. I recall that someone found it for Model S and shared it on TMC.

This is Tesla's current VIN structure:
ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/MfrMail/ORG9130.pdf

Via: Understanding the VIN number | Forums | Tesla Motors

The first character of the production number indicates the stage of production with a few interesting codes:
Screen-Shot-2014-10-04-at-4.14.25-PM.jpg
Via:
http://www.teslarati.com/decode-tesla-model-s-vin/

Paul, a couple error reports for you ...

You typo'd a word on the public world map page, "particularly" I think.

The word "separate" is typo'd again in the 9/18 timeline entry. SePARate.

I think the new timeline subscriptions settings pref is confusing regarding timeline vs EMAIL updates. In our account, when we select/deselect items in the "Timeline Subscription Preferences" section, are we selecting what will appear in the timeline, or what will be emailed to us? You need to add some language clarifying that; I think it's more clear in the 9/21 warning message you have in the timeline, but when you get to the account settings page it's less clear. Personally I want everything displayed in the timeline, and nothing emailed to me.

When we browse to https://modelxtracker.com/ but are already logged in, it should show us a link to the Dashboard (if it does already, I'm missing it).

I'm looking forward to logins that persist longer, like a week :) I check the site at most once a day, and logging in every time is annoying ... Good to see the public content is coming though.

- ChrisC

P.S. Hi ScottF!

Paul, a couple error reports for you ...

You typo'd a word on the public world map page, "particularly" I think.

The word "separate" is typo'd again in the 9/18 timeline entry. SePARate.

I think the new timeline subscriptions settings pref is confusing regarding timeline vs EMAIL updates. In our account, when we select/deselect items in the "Timeline Subscription Preferences" section, are we selecting what will appear in the timeline, or what will be emailed to us? You need to add some language clarifying that; I think it's more clear in the 9/21 warning message you have in the timeline, but when you get to the account settings page it's less clear. Personally I want everything displayed in the timeline, and nothing emailed to me.

When we browse to https://modelxtracker.com/ but are already logged in, it should show us a link to the Dashboard (if it does already, I'm missing it).

I'm looking forward to logins that persist longer, like a week :) I check the site at most once a day, and logging in every time is annoying ... Good to see the public content is coming though.

- ChrisC

P.S. Hi ScottF!
Thanks ChrisC. Really appreciate this, all fixed. Yes its to do with the email. I've clarified its an email service on the timeline and on the My Account page. If you have "Show past 24 hours of Timeline (displays once per session)" option on, it will always show all dashboard items.

I've also just extended the ssions to now last a week (more people are wanting that, so done!). For now bookmark the following page after logging in one more time: ModelXTracker Dashboard - Welcome or ModelXTracker Dashboard to not show the 24 hour timeline.

I'll see if I can get the homepage to allow a direct link to the dashboard instead of showing a login (if the session is still valid).

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks ChrisC. Really appreciate this, all fixed. Yes its to do with the email. I've clarified its an email service on the timeline and on the My Account page. If you have "Show past 24 hours of Timeline (displays once per session)" option on, it will always show all dashboard items.

I've also just extended the ssions to now last a week (more people are wanting that, so done!). For now bookmark the following page after logging in one more time: ModelXTracker Dashboard - Welcome or ModelXTracker Dashboard to not show the 24 hour timeline.

I'll see if I can get the homepage to allow a direct link to the dashboard instead of showing a login (if the session is still valid).

Cheers,
Paul
Just a quick update, the homepage now will give you a link to go to the dashboard if you have an valid session. I'm still struggling with the session timeouts. Some reports that it still is timing out, testing ongoing.

Thanks ChrisC. Really appreciate this, all fixed. Yes its to do with the email. I've clarified its an email service on the timeline and on the My Account page. ... I've also just extended the sessions to now last a week ... (and later) ... the homepage now will give you a link to go to the dashboard if you have an valid session.

All are working well for me! Thanks!

Someone also entered their reservation number on 9/24 as 21,702 when it probably should have been 21,072. There have been reports today of 21,156 and 21,157 which are the real high numbers. So, while the reservation rate has picked up slightly, it's not as dramatic as the incorrect number makes it look.