Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking and reporting of reservations, orders, and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the note we just sent to our DS.

"I just made the post below on the Tesla Motor Club Board. You should know about it as well.

"I am bummed today. We finalized our order in early January and it is for a loaded p90D. I looked at the source code for "estimated delivery" and it has been changed in the last few days from "Late March-April" to "Late April-May". My Vin number is in the '900s.

They must not be close to the 250 units a week they were planning to reach this quarter. Had the charger installed a month ago. I could have waited for another 2 months at least. I am not happy."

The amount of time we are willing to wait for a car we are likely overpaying for is not infinity. At some point we are going to tell you guys to get lost and return our money. At a minimum, a well run company would make sure they were communicating well with their customers. We have ordered cars before from BMW and the US manufacturers and we have always had good visibilitiy into the production process.

We live in Naples and leave the area in early May.

If you can't give us some better visibility into the production process and delivery date, let's cancel the order."
--

Here is the note we just sent to our DS.

"I just made the post below on the Tesla Motor Club Board. You should know about it as well.

"I am bummed today. We finalized our order in early January and it is for a loaded p90D. I looked at the source code for "estimated delivery" and it has been changed in the last few days from "Late March-April" to "Late April-May". My Vin number is in the '900s.

They must not be close to the 250 units a week they were planning to reach this quarter. Had the charger installed a month ago. I could have waited for another 2 months at least. I am not happy."

The amount of time we are willing to wait for a car we are likely overpaying for is not infinity. At some point we are going to tell you guys to get lost and return our money. At a minimum, a well run company would make sure they were communicating well with their customers. We have ordered cars before from BMW and the US manufacturers and we have always had good visibility into the production process.

We live in Naples and leave the area in early May.

If you can't give us some better visibility into the production process and delivery date, let's cancel the order."
--

Thanks for sending Tesla this Email. Tesla's next step will be to remove the Java Script estimation date, so that everybody will have even less information. I don't like writing negative posts, but you sound like a self-entitled child. That date was never a delivery promise, they hid it for a reason. It's called "estimated delivery" for a reason. Your date has slipped by one month and you're threatening to get your money back? If you cancel your order now, you will most likely lose your deposit and not get a car.

You could have chosen a different option, which is to think of Tesla as a respectable person and work with them to find a solution. Explain to them your predicament, and see if they can do something to help. For example, they can deliver to a different service center, even in a different city. Or they could arrange a special delivery vehicle directly to your house. Being combative with people will not encourage them to go the extra mile to help you out.

Thanks for sending Tesla this Email. Tesla's next step will be to remove the Java Script estimation date, so that everybody will have even less information. I don't like writing negative posts, but you sound like a self-entitled child. That date was never a delivery promise, they hid it for a reason. It's called "estimated delivery" for a reason. Your date has slipped by one month and you're threatening to get your money back? If you cancel your order now, you will most likely lose your deposit and not get a car.

You could have chosen a different option, which is to think of Tesla as a respectable person and work with them to find a solution. Explain to them your predicament, and see if they can do something to help. For example, they can deliver to a different service center, even in a different city. Or they could arrange a special delivery vehicle directly to your house. Being combative with people will not encourage them to go the extra mile to help you out.

We all have different expectations from those we do business with. Mine are pretty basic when I show good faith and attempt to spend $140K for an auto.

If I cancel and Tesla doesn't return the money, I am willing to spend many times the deposit in legal fees to get it back to make my point. Tesla will also need to spend many times that deposit to keep it. I look at myself not as a 66 year old self entitled child, but rather someone who proceeds on good faith until he has reason to believe he is not being treated fairly by the other side, ie, Tesla is not living up to what I believe was a reasonable set of expectations for a basic level of communication when we ordered the car.

We all have different expectations from those we do business with. Mine are pretty basic when I show good faith and attempt to spend $140K for an auto.

If I cancel and Tesla doesn't return the money, I am willing to spend many times the deposit in legal fees to get it back to make my point. Tesla will also need to spend many times that deposit to keep it. I look at myself not as a 66 year old self entitled child, but rather someone who proceeds on good faith until he has reason to believe he is not being treated fairly by the other side, ie, Tesla is not living up to what I believe was a reasonable set of expectations for a basic level of communication when we ordered the car.

The contract you accepted was pretty clear. Once your order confirms cancellation is forfeiture of your deposit. I guarantee they can show why cancellation is a 5K cost to them and your small claim in court won't take them but a few hundred dollars to defend and win.

Show me where your expectations for constant communication or accurate information in *hidden* web content was set.

Tesla has no idea of the personal lives of its reservation holders. They are focusing all their energy in trying to get problems figured out so that they can get as many cars out to customers as fast as they can. If you have a very specific issue, first make them aware of it and give them a chance to make it right. It's totally unfair to do otherwise.

I have bought many new cars, and had many built to my specifications.

But it is clear you don't know how a law suit here would work. It would not be in small claims court and not for $5,000.

Maybe the people who post here are much more enamored with Tesla than I am, and I am out of place.

So with that I will stop making posts. I will say I have gotten a lot of good insights here and some of you have been very helpful. Thanks for that.

I have bought many new cars, and had many built to my specifications.

But it is clear you don't know how a law suit here would work. It would not be in small claims court and not for $5,000.

Maybe the people who post here are much more enamored with Tesla than I am, and I am out of place.

So with that I will stop making posts. I will say I have gotten a lot of good insights here and some of you have been very helpful. Thanks for that.

Did you have a sig X reservation? Otherwise your deposit is for $5000 and that's what you would lose and that's the loss you could claim, unless you want some BS mental distress or had I known then I would have made a different decision and not making that different decision cost me $X and here's the proof of that...

Still a lame thing to do. It's the kind of thing that's been done before (the Dr with an early S who sued under lemon laws) and generally leads to you getting your money but being blacklisted from future business with Tesla.

One last post, Tesla has gotten back to us and have indicated our car will go into production this month and then take 10-14 days to complete. So they are doing what I would think a good company would do after a note like mine. I founded a technology company in the early eighties that became successful and went public in 1995. So my expectations for good customer service are based on the expectations that our customers had from us and that we tried our best to provide.

@Darryl: Enjoy your Model X. Take extra time enjoying the drive before visiting the detailer.

Look at the manufacture date on the door sticker. That will help with knowing how long the paint has been on the vehicle.

All the best and may you enjoy years of safe driving pleasure with Model X.

Still waiting for car at SC. They said there is software update which is taking a long time and they cannot release car without latest software. Appointment was at 1 and it is 2:50 now.

Back in February I took a picture of the sticker which shows VIN and manufacture date. It showed 01/16. Which corresponds with the date it should have been complete which was January 20, 2016.

Still waiting for car at SC. They said there is software update which is taking a long time and they cannot release car without latest software. Appointment was at 1 and it is 2:50 now.

Back in February I took a picture of the sticker which shows VIN and manufacture date. It showed 01/16. Which corresponds with the date it should have been complete which was January 20, 2016.

You can now put the manufacture date in the tracker. ;)

Fingers crossed for you, my last visit to the SC had a similar issue with the update taking forever for the S, so your not alone.

Fingers crossed you will take your baby out of SC in no time :) enjoy your coffee for now lol!

Congats Darryl! Hope you went home with your X! Or at least it made it's way to the detailer! ;-)

Congats Darryl! Hope you went home with your X! Or at least it made it's way to the detailer! ;-)
Yes I finally go to drive it 7 miles to the Detailer . I got it about 6-7 weeks after it arrived at my SC and 6 weeks after my scheduled delivery date. They only had one production car to deliver. What if they had 50 or 100 or 200 cars to deliver like some of the Californian SC will be delivering over the next 6 to 7 weeks?

FYI: The site move had a little glitch. We resolved the database issue but still having a login issue. The php was upgraded and somehow I can't get the hash checking of the password back up and running. Well at least I know I made it very secure! :)

Paul, Site is working well. With one exception that post upgrade there is an SSL cert issue. When browsing from my corporate network only, google chrome will give me an invalid cert error saying that the server could not prove it is modelxtracker.com; its cert is for www.model3tracker.info

My guess is that you have model3tracker.info cert set as the default for the server/ip which is causing the issue.