Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Been following this thread while I've waited for my 85D, which made the wait slightly more manageable, so thanks to everyone! Finally got it today. Just want to clarify a few things. This car does 0-60 in 4.3 seconds (using my stopwatch), as has been mentioned before, which as you know is significantly quicker than the 5.2 quoted, which means TESLA is likely deliberately widening the gap compared to the P85D (which is actually nearly identical to its quoted time). So for people considering the P85D, make sure 1.2 seconds is worth 18k.

More impressive than the 0-X acceleration is the 40-60, 50-70 times of approx 2 seconds, similar to a Veyron while in top gear. Enjoy watching the rear camera as adjacent moving cars start to appear as stationary objects and you repeatedly mutter "Oh my God."

The frunk space is SIGNIFICANTLY diminished compared to an 85. People who used to put a spare tire in the frunk will no longer be able to do so. Also didn't know frunk can get bent ridiculously easily so close properly.

Open the charge port by holding the rear trunk button on your key (my Tesla advisor didn't know that wtf)

Slacker and 3G are only free for 4 years--have no idea what it will cost afterwards. I'm not sold on their maintenance plans.

Very annoying that there are very few usable "pockets" but you guys already know that. Also as you know, interior is nowhere near an S class :( But it's okay, everyone looks at you as if you're from outer space, even the little kids who know nothing about cars--this car has presence.

6.2 is currently rolling out; some have already received the update.

The wait was absolutely horrible but soooo worth it! Hope this helps as some of you await the big day!

image.jpg

Great post @snaremd! I for one will not question your 0-60 time!

So, at the risk of sounding trite, if one orders an 85D today, should one actually expect delivery in May as the site states? At some point, now that the Q1 cramming is done, production will swing overseas for a while, correct?

My Model S has arrived :biggrin:.

View attachment 75995View attachment 75996

About the pictures; my camera was some how set to aqua and as such gave it this blue hue/tint that I didn't recognize until later.
The car is impressive. I had to remember how to drive it again (the last time I drove a Tesla was at the Toronto SC last year October 2014). I also forgot how quiet the Model S is.

With regards to the delivery; the guy that delivered my Model S was really great. He had me come into the transport and take a good look at the bottom of the Model S, I got to see the battery and the Titanium shield. There were some finishing issues with the front fenders that Tesla will fix. Also the inside wheel well was also not flush and they will fix that too. They suspect it might have to do with how they packed My winter tire set into the back seat. I was surprised that there was a bird dropping on the A pillar, considering that when they drove it to the transporter it was raining.They some how forgot my Tesla floor mats that I ordered. They haven't given me a timeline to expect them yet. I'll call tomorrow for that. Setting up HomeLink on the Model S is sooooo easy :smile:. I can't believe how easy it was. I still have to activate the android My Tesla app. Tesla said there is some Mobile access switch on the Model S that I have to turn on (Does anyone know where this is?). Also I am waiting on the Tire inflation kit, they seem to be on back order. I don't plan on driving the car that much for the next couple of days, because I have an appointment next week to have a clear bra Xpel Ultimate PPF applied to the car, after that application I can really start driving.

This forum has been invaluable to me. I think someone mentioned it on here that they went to register their Model S and the registry put "gas" instead of "electric". The same thing happened to me and I pointed it out to them and they promptly shredded that license and issued me the correct license with "electric"

I went out to exercise with a group today and everybody wanted to see my Model S, I was getting questions on the price of the car and that it is expensive. Do you guys have any way to answer such statements and questions. Your views and opinions would be appreciated.

I can't think of anything else right now, but I will take some "color" pictures after the Xpel Ultimate treatment :smile:.

One more thing; the wait was worth it :smile:.
Congrats. Did your truck have three Tesla's bound for Calgary? The Calgary cars were delivered today from a truck that came from edmonton, anyway the remote access setting can be found under the control screen, Settings, safety and security, remote access.

Hi,
Been following this thread while I've waited for my 85D, which made the wait slightly more manageable, so thanks to everyone! Finally got it today. Just want to clarify a few things. This car does 0-60 in 4.3 seconds (using my stopwatch), as has been mentioned before, which as you know is significantly quicker than the 5.2 quoted, which means TESLA is likely deliberately widening the gap compared to the P85D (which is actually nearly identical to its quoted time). So for people considering the P85D, make sure 1.2 seconds is worth 18k.

More impressive than the 0-X acceleration is the 40-60, 50-70 times of approx 2 seconds, similar to a Veyron while in top gear. Enjoy watching the rear camera as adjacent moving cars start to appear as stationary objects and you repeatedly mutter "Oh my God."

The frunk space is SIGNIFICANTLY diminished compared to an 85. People who used to put a spare tire in the frunk will no longer be able to do so. Also didn't know frunk can get bent ridiculously easily so close properly.

Open the charge port by holding the rear trunk button on your key (my Tesla advisor didn't know that wtf)

Slacker and 3G are only free for 4 years--have no idea what it will cost afterwards. I'm not sold on their maintenance plans.

Very annoying that there are very few usable "pockets" but you guys already know that. Also as you know, interior is nowhere near an S class :( But it's okay, everyone looks at you as if you're from outer space, even the little kids who know nothing about cars--this car has presence.

6.2 is currently rolling out; some have already received the update.

The wait was absolutely horrible but soooo worth it! Hope this helps as some of you await the big day!

Sure hope that the "take-off" speed is correct I ordered the 85D but nowhere on youtube you can find a solid test that does this 0-60 test. All is about the P85D.

My Model S has arrived :biggrin:.

I went out to exercise with a group today and everybody wanted to see my Model S, I was getting questions on the price of the car and that it is expensive. Do you guys have any way to answer such statements and questions. Your views and opinions would be appreciated.

One more thing; the wait was worth it :smile:.
Congrats on your delivery! The blue photos seem somehow fitting given your screen-name? :)

Regarding the price question which I get all the time too... I say, "They start at about $80k... but most of that cost is the battery". It's funny because I wonder how many Lamborghini owners get that question - you just KNOW it's expensive.

And yes... the wait is worth it. I'm still enjoying every km I drive.

Depending on your driving pattern and mileage, the fuel costs of an ICE car are quite an argument. OK, you Americans burn OIL for free, when compared to us, but: it is easy to burn a third of the Model S price in the first 150k miles for gas inly, with a compareable car her.

Then, tell them about the guarantee and reduced service costs. And all the things that will never fail, have to be replaced:
fuel pump
clutch
brakes (in a way)
starter
all the sealings, tubes and pipes in the motor

The list can be extended easily...

Congrats. Did your truck have three Tesla's bound for Calgary? The Calgary cars were delivered today from a truck that came from edmonton, anyway the remote access setting can be found under the control screen, Settings, safety and security, remote access.

Hi gpetti, the transporter that I had could only had space for two cars. He said he dropped one off before coming to deliver mine. Thanks for the tip on the remote access. I have set it up now.:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on your delivery! The blue photos seem somehow fitting given your screen-name? :)

Regarding the price question which I get all the time too... I say, "They start at about $80k... but most of that cost is the battery". It's funny because I wonder how many Lamborghini owners get that question - you just KNOW it's expensive.

And yes... the wait is worth it. I'm still enjoying every km I drive.

Thanks 3s-a-charm. I didn't even think of that, but you are right the blue is appropriate considering my screen name :smile:.

Hello, I confirmed my car 12/12, toured the factory 3/9, car entered production 3/16, Picked my white w/tech 85D on 3/28, at the Seattle service center! love the car and the supercharger experience, charges to 170miles of range very quickly. You almost never have to touch the brakes, accelerates quiet, super tight, and fast! We have already put 260miles on the car. the screen and menus become user friendly quickly and personalizing the info into the system is very easy compared to the Lexus and Toyotas cars we have had in the past. In love!
View attachment 76343

My dashboard changed again today "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery." Does this mean it is at the local service center now? It was "In Transit from Factory" from 26-Mar until today and it just changed! DS still hasn't called or replied to my emails since last Mon/Tues.

S85D
Ordered 8-Jan-2015
Confirmed 9-Jan-2015
VIN # assigned 77837 on 16-Feb-2015
Production started 24-Mar-2015
In Transit from Factory 26-March-2015
being prepared for pickup or delivery 30-Mar-2015

S85D - Silver - Pano - 19" - Leather Grey - Obeche Wood Matte - Tech - Ultra Sound Pkg - Air Suspension - delivery to Marietta, GA

I wouldn't believe anything the web site says. Mine changed to "in transit" on 3/25. Have heard nothing since, so emailed DS this morning. She promptly replied and said car didn't leave factory until this morning, 3/30. It's probably a 2 day drive for the trucker, but I'll just wait to hear from the local SC...

My final purchase agreement was on the portal this morning and got my docs to e-sign via email. Signed and payment sent. Now just waiting for DS to schedule pickup time!

S85D
Ordered 8-Jan-2015
Confirmed 9-Jan-2015
VIN # assigned 77837 on 16-Feb-2015
Production started 24-Mar-2015
In Transit from Factory 26-March-2015
being prepared for pickup or delivery 30-Mar-2015
Documents on portal / e-signed 31-Mar-2015

S85D - Silver - Pano - 19" - Leather Grey - Obeche Wood Matte - Tech - Ultra Sound Pkg - Air Suspension - delivery to Marietta, GA