Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Andrew, thanks for the invite to the forum. I have updated the spreadsheet. I finalized on 10/15/2012.

P7460 delivery to MA.
85Kwh RED
pano
tech
air
Feb. 21st - Mar. 7th estimated delivery date. I was expecting a later date due to the Red Color. Put my deposit down 2/2012.

Andrew, thanks for the invite to the forum. I have updated the spreadsheet. I finalized on 10/15/2012.

P7460 delivery to MA.
85Kwh RED
pano
tech
air
Feb. 21st - Mar. 7th estimated delivery date. I was expecting a later date due to the Red Color. Put my deposit down 2/2012.

Curious how you were able to finalize on the red in mid-October. I didn't think we were able to do so until end of November.

Thanks, that makes sense.

I also changed from blue to red, but not until early December. A few weeks ago the red delivery button showed up, but that was based on blue. Tesla hadn't updated the records. I called and they confirmed that's what happened. I wonder if that's what's going on with @sflahert.

Would love to have confirmation, because if sflahert is getting delivery in late Feb or early March it means many of us may see delivery or the red sooner than we think.

Lots of Blue to Red converts here. I too was going with blue, but thought it was too dark. If not in direct sunlight it appears black. Lauren's custom color (aqua blue) is what I really want. Although I have to say multi-red (sunset?) has grown on me quite a bit.

Andrew I noticed that the sflhert's delivery date needs to be corrected in the spreadsheet.

We might actually want a new column. The column header is "date given on pre-MVPA". I'm going to guess sflhert's paperwork said April-May like the rest of us. sflhert? What should probably be updated is the "completed delivery paperwork". Perhaps that's a bad header. "Received delivery questionnaire date" ?

A

We might actually want a new column. The column header is "date given on pre-MVPA". I'm going to guess sflhert's paperwork said April-May like the rest of us. sflhert? What should probably be updated is the "completed delivery paperwork". Perhaps that's a bad header. "Received delivery questionnaire date" ?

A

Good point. By the way, THANKS for setting up this spreadsheet and Forum Thread.

No problem (didn't take much effort.) Plus it gives me a group of people to share my obsession with :rolleyes:. I went ahead and changed the header from "finalized delivery paperwork date" to "Received delivery questionnaire date", and added 1/21 for sflhert based on what he said on the TM forum. Sflhert, if it isn't correct feel free to correct the spreadsheet.

I originally ordered Blue, then called Tesla in November and changed to Red. Received updated paperwork 12/2/2012.

Just spoke to Tesla they confirmed for me on the phone that there has been NO confirmation with red that was sent out "in error" I am told. Happy to have this be the case and I got my hopes all up but sorry to burst your bubble please call and verify again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IMG_0300.JPG

Julia from the DC store sent this to me. It's the red model S from the detroit auto show that we've seen in other pics. She says in person the red is slightly darker; the car was under several lights. Julia said they received several compliments on the color and that "it is a head turner."

A

My paperwork did in fact say April/May.

Last edited by a moderator:
That color is awesome. I just added MS #2 to the spread sheet. I have yet to finalize as my wife needs to drive mine (due this month I think... currently in "final") before I can get her to go for MS. I placed the second reservation in December to catch the price break and have a few more weeks to finalize before I loose the pricing.

One note, I asked if I could get the P85 without active air and was told they will not build it that way :(

Thanks for doing the SS and starting the thread.

Bill