Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm P10,873 and I ordered December 21 , 60w , Red, Tan interior, dual chargers etc. I got April/May delivery.

Heres pic I took at the test drive Amped tour in July 2012 of the Multicoat Red S.

edit

edit

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    948.2 KB · Views: 2,529
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 1,097
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    929.5 KB · Views: 1,887
Spoke with Tesla today. No news to report. The individual I spoke with didn't know when in March red production would begin. He stated they're currently building 400 cars/week, and when the 60kw's went into production they produced 100% 60kw cars that first week. So it's possible we'll see a week (or more) of 100% red cars.

A

Just had an owner buddy take a factory tour last week. He said no reds in sight and colors all mixed on the line. Not batched together by color. Oh well.

There is no need to batch by color, never was, I am still not sure why people ever thought they did this. There were enough orders of multiple colors to just paint as they came.

Now for artsci's comment, once the new red is in production, they will produce a large # to start, just to fill the backlog of red orders.

Just had an owner buddy take a factory tour last week. He said no reds in sight and colors all mixed on the line. Not batched together by color. Oh well.

Sorry, I was a bit vague. I didn't mean that they were going to batch reds, but rather that once red is available it will unblock lots of older orders. If Tesla is following sequence numbers, it will likely result in a large number of red cars being produced the first week or two.

- - - Updated - - -

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH @#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@ I can't stand this wait anymore. It's so frustrating to watch all these people get their cars who ordered much later than several of us all because we ordered a different COLOR. <sigh>

Sorry, I just had to get that out. Thanks for listening.

Sorry, I was a bit vague. I didn't mean that they were going to batch reds, but rather that once red is available it will unblock lots of older orders. If Tesla is following sequence numbers, it will likely result in a large number of red cars being produced the first week or two.

- - - Updated - - -

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH @#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@ I can't stand this wait anymore. It's so frustrating to watch all these people get their cars who ordered much later than several of us all because we ordered a different COLOR. <sigh>

Sorry, I just had to get that out. Thanks for listening.

Thank you thank you thank you my feelings exactly! Unbelievable people have ordered and getting the cars after only a few short months. Ordered mine in late 2011 the wait it's excruciating. I called them together day thinking we should be getting at least the first of us to configure with the red because production starts March 1. Therefore should we not start to see people getting emails (with the new red) very soon like one month before that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you thank you thank you my feelings exactly! Unbelievable people have ordered and getting the cars after only a few short months. Ordered mine in late 2011 the wait it's excruciating. I called them together day thinking we should be getting at least the first of us to configure with the red because production starts March 1. Therefore should we not start to see people getting emails (with the new red) very soon like one month before that?

I wouldn't count on March 1st as the start of production for red.

Although I didn't finalize with any options not yet in production, I have been trying to temper my hopes with reasonable expectations. The delivery estimate on my Pre-MVPA is Feb-Mar. A few emails, both automated & not, have said that I will get an email & delivery button about 30 days prior to delivery. So although I hope to get the delivery button as early as today (and have been each day since getting my countersigned Pre-MVPA), I don't expect to get it until Mar 1st, 30 days from my current delivery estimate.

So for those who finalized red, expect it to go into production on March 31st, and hope that it's March 1st.

An informed source? The tesla rep I spoke to this week didn't know, but thought earlier was more likely than late.

When talking about "Tesla Rep's", it would be useful to indicate which department. For example, the store personnel (and virtually all the 'sales department') seem to have very limited insight into factory details. The factory build team has somewhat more, but even they will tell you that they don't have a lot of insight until changes are 'imminent'. What I have been told by the factory build team, is that they are not sure when red production will start, but it's safer to tell people to plan on the later part of March. Bottom line - my belief is that production could start any time in March. It is interesting to note that Tesla seems to be using the new red in a number of high media profile appearances (like the Detroit Auto Show), which would indicate that they recognize the value of getting our cars into public view.

I feel like my kid's used to before Christmas, when they just could not wait until the day arrived. In the mean time I read these forums as my only means of therapy until we actually take delivery. Six months from now I'm sure I'll be excited every time I walk out into the garage, and will have forgotten the pain of waiting. (I keep telling myself that anyway... :rolleyes: )

When talking about "Tesla Rep's", it would be useful to indicate which department. For example, the store personnel (and virtually all the 'sales department') seem to have very limited insight into factory details. The factory build team has somewhat more, but even they will tell you that they don't have a lot of insight until changes are 'imminent'. What I have been told by the factory build team, is that they are not sure when red production will start, but it's safer to tell people to plan on the later part of March. Bottom line - my belief is that production could start any time in March. It is interesting to note that Tesla seems to be using the new red in a number of high media profile appearances (like the Detroit Auto Show), which would indicate that they recognize the value of getting our cars into public view.

Yes, and unless the "rep" is very high in the chain of command we can't rely on what we hear. But it would be a cruel joke if March 31 meant "March" (or any day close to the end of March).

Yes, and unless the "rep" is very high in the chain of command we can't rely on what we hear. But it would be a cruel joke if March 31 meant "March" (or any day close to the end of March).

More like CYA than cruel joke, but I get your drift. There are a lot of factors involved that we're not aware of and I'm sure Tesla doesn't want to lie to its customers (no matter how many times it may do so unintentionally). So even if they aren't able to get started until the end of the month, at least they were accurate in their assessment. Which isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things...... Even though it sucks hard for those of us waiting for that color. ;-)

I wonder if any of the Reds out there in Auto Shows and Auto Reviews were actually painted in the Factory, or are the prototypes from other paint shops.
I too am adicted to this site for news and discussion about Tesla and especially RED Tesla's. I find it tough to see some of the very high reservations already recieving VINs and Delivery.