Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, and no harm at all in doing so. Was just feeling particularly relaxed at the time. I expect the pendulum will swing tomorrow and I'll be doing the venting!

You are right. I just needed to vent after seeing my neighbor take delivery (Blue MS) two weeks ago, after ordering only six weeks ago. And I thought I would be the first on our court. And you have the lowest sequence number in the listed waiting group, so you have been waiting the longest, and still show great patience.

Tax Day is what I've always been counting on, i just want confirmation that they're not forgetting about us. It feels like we're not getting any updates but there is a lot of movement and other things going on. They're pretty descent about posting a blog post every 30-40 days, so one might be in the works. I hope we just get a shout out, something like: "Reds are in production".

The schedule delivery emails generally go out on Mondays, I think. Cross your fingers....

I just scheduled a trip to Sydney around April 20th, so my car will be available for delivery April 21st I'm sure.

Last edited:
The schedule delivery emails generally go out on Mondays, I think. Cross your fingers....

I just scheduled a trip to Sydney around April 20th, so my car will be available for delivery April 21st I'm sure.

I hear you. I'm traveling 4 out of the next 6 weeks but the farthest away I'll be is Costa Rica. The other three weeks are Minnesota ... no offense to the MN folks but Sydney sounds better.

Just back from Sydney march 6. Was sure email would come while down under.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm sitting here in Fremont, about 4 miles from the Factory, with no travel plans for the next several months, and I will probably not see my Model S until the end of May. But, I would love to see someone, anyone, receive notification and delivery of their Multi-coat Red. Need to see the real production RED.

I'm sitting here in Fremont, about 4 miles from the Factory, with no travel plans for the next several months, and I will probably not see my Model S until the end of May. But, I would love to see someone, anyone, receive notification and delivery of their Multi-coat Red. Need to see the real production RED.

Please keep an eye out toward the storage (staging) area at the Fremont plant for anything red.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 482
With another Monday coming to a close, it looks like there will be no delivery notices this week. I've concluded that Tesla gave us the "March" start production notice and the April/May delivery window as a kind of production fudge factor, and that production on the multi-coat red won't begin until the very end of March. Got to face the music.

With another Monday coming to a close, it looks like there will be no delivery notices this week. I've concluded that Tesla gave us the "March" start production notice and the April/May delivery window as a kind of production fudge factor, and that production on the multi-coat red won't begin until the very end of March. Got to face the music.

I have to agree with you, artsci.

For what it's worth, my contact at Tesla told me the following this weekend when I asked about multi-coat red production:

I haven't heard (or seen) anything quite yet on the red, but have heard it is set to enter production later this month or early next month.

I'll refrain from identifying this person in case they're not supposed to be telling me things like this, but there you go.

Myself, I'm trying to remain zen about the entire thing. I haven't been waiting long in the big scheme of things and the longer I wait the better it will be for me, financially (more time to save and hopefully get that Q1 bonus check in time to help out). But you all know how hard it is to be patient where the Model S is involved.

I really should get this OCD thing checked out in the meantime. ;-)

Someone posted that they finalized last week and received a delivery window of later this month (non-red). I've been really tempted all day to call and change my order to white with the grey wheels. It's a hot combo. The only reason I didn't go that direction to begin with is that my current car is white and I wanted a change. Sigh. It would be really silly to change now, after waiting this long. I would have easily had the car already had I selected white originally.

Time to go down to the hotel bar and have a drink.