Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was on the phone, I was told that the car they've been shipping to the recent auto shows is the same color as we'll get. They now have that car sitting around the parking lot and everyone is drooling over the color. It'll be great!

Hmmm. Elon said last week that red painting had not even started on body panels (just small samples), but cars are already out there with the final paint mix? There's a bit of inconsistency to this story, don't you think?

So if the actual final factory paint has not been applied to any cars - where are these auto show red cars coming from? Is there a secret factory somewhere?

Hmmm. So if the actual final factory paint has not been applied to any cars - where are these auto show red cars coming from? Is there a secret factory somewhere?

There are many paint shops that Tesla could use for the prototype and marketing display cars. What we are anxiously awaiting are cars coming off the actual production line. Hopefully, that will be happening in the next couple of weeks.

He told me that my car would be completed by mid April!! I'll be shipped to Seattle once they have enough cars batched up for the Pacific Northwest area.
YES! Bring on the Seattle reds! This has me very excited as I am also eagerly awaiting my car in the Seattle area. I see on the red tracking spreadsheet on Google docs that you finalized on 1/11/13. I am P5682 but I didn't finalize until 3/1/13 (S85 air pano tan 19"). I wonder if my car will be produced in the same week as yours?

I just spoke to Tesla on phone they said the first batch of new reds were produced and have been sent out. When I receive the email thats when I'll know when they are producing the car it could be tommorow or the next few week they don't know. I'm 10,873 if that helps.

I just spoke to Tesla on phone they said the first batch of new reds were produced and have been sent out. When I receive the email thats when I'll know when they are producing the car it could be tommorow or the next few week they don't know. I'm 10,873 if that helps.

Really!? You're not pulling our seat belts are you? "...produced and have been sent out." That's beyond huge.

No button and no VIN for me. Anyone?

I don't think we can rely on anything store staff tell us. So until somebody receives a delivery notice all of this is vapor.

If they were told their VIN that's more than vapor. Or do you think the store person just made up a VIN? Back when I was getting my car it was the reverse, a delivery notice was a vague promise of a window, but a VIN was a concrete sign that something was happening.

Of course it would help to know what the VIN was, since that should show pretty clearly where it falls in the production sequence.

If they were told their VIN that's more than vapor. Or do you think the store person just made up a VIN? Back when I was getting my car it was the reverse, a delivery notice was a vague promise of a window, but a VIN was a concrete sign that something was happening.

Of course it would help to know what the VIN was, since that should show pretty clearly where it falls in the production sequence.

Exactly. What's the VIN number? All of this is rumor without it, and especially since the reliable intelligence was that nothing would be made this week.

Exactly. What's the VIN number? All of this is rumor without it, and especially since the reliable intelligence was that nothing would be made this week.

5yjsa1cg5dfp077xx

Okay this is from a reliable source in my opinion and I cannot imagine that making up numbers I redacted the last 2 digits because I am aware of scams. If you really must have my entire number you can private message me.

I'm going to go ahead and believe that this is real now so please let me have my hope

from my Samsung galaxy s3

5yjsa1cg5dfp077xx

Okay this is from a reliable source in my opinion and I cannot imagine that making up numbers I redacted the last 2 digits because I am aware of scams. If you really must have my entire number you can private message me.

I'm going to go ahead and believe that this is real now so please let me have my hope

Also they are not telling me it will be made this week it is still estimated for early April this seems rather consistent with the " good inteligence"