Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dani was my DS too and she was very helpful. She went the extra mile to deal with a delivery timing challenge for me.

I notice that you're on the Monterey Peninsula. I'm in Carmel as often as possible so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a new RED in town.

Received VIN 9760 today. No delivery date yet. Mega excited.

RN324016. Finalized 2/24/2013. Model S 85kWh, multi-Red, Black Leather, Lacewood, Pano, 19”, Tech, Sound Studio, Active Air, Parcel Shelf.

Congrats TMS. You may be one of the first to get a VIN after Tesla discontinued reservation sequence numbers in the US. The RN# is personal - nobody needs to know that number except you. ;)

I used the skene design as did a number of other folks on the forums. Installation was super quick and easy can be removed quickly if you want the clean look.

Skene Design

Some have just ziptied the plate to the front.

Edit: You guy's cars are beautiful! I really wanted the red but I had no patience to wait like you all did. The wait has obviously paid off.

-A jealous black MS owner :wink:

Thank you nrcooled, just picked my car today, it's gorgeous!

Picked up ours today. Love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 444
Woo hoo, more red on the road! Love to see them come in! I've found myself obsessing about every bug stuck to the nose cone and scuff marks on the backs of the seats from my girls. Oh, and whoever said the rear of the car is a dust magnet is absolutely right.

For those who ordered a black roof, after 4 or 5 days I have to honestly say that I'm thrilled with it.

My car "came alive" (in app) couple days back and yesterday got confirmation that it is ready. Due to my spouse's schedule won't be picking it up until May 3 at factory. Love seeing all the pics until then! Delivery window was 4/26 to 5/10...so they do hit the early part of the window.

Smartypnz, do you know of any good spots to recharge in the Carmel Monterey area. We love to spend time in Carmel, and do not see much in the area.
Don't have car yet, so can't vouch. But, there is a new level 2 installed at Hayward Lumber on Sunset Dr in Pacific Grove just up the street from Asilomar Conference Center and Sunset Beach. You can stroll the beach while charging. (free)
Also, have heard of a charger in the Conference grounds, but haven't been there yet. (free)
There is one at each of the public parking lots in Carmel and Monterey. Two at the airport (says permit parking, but policeman that works there says anyone can go in the lot to use.)
Also the usual Walgreen and Nissan chargers.
Del Monte Shopping has 2 at the lower level near the escalator. ($.49 kwh)
One at the Clement Hotel on Cannery Row parking (free, but always in use)
One at Carmel Valley ranch (free).
One off Hwy 68 in the Ragsdale business park area (free).
A couple located at Cal State (free)

Slowly gearing up. Surprised with all the hotels, that there aren't more with chargers. Especially given the fact that we get a lot of weekenders from the SF Bay area.

Pebble Beach hotels will accommodate your Tesla - they will plug into 110V - hahahaha
So far nothing down in Big Sur.

Can't wait for a Supercharger to get everyone down the PCH to San Luis Obispo and beyond.

Your hood alignment looks a bit off?

Good eyes andrewket. My friend who went to pick it up with me also noticed after I snap the picture. The "problem" is caused by closing the frunk with just one hand.

Just few more minor issues:
1. Frunk net is not included, I was told that it was only included for signatures. Not that I care getting it from the website for 20 bucks, but I think tesla should just give it as complementary.

2. Floormats are made of very cheap materials. Personally think that there is a big quality gap between it and the rest of the car. I didn't care either since I'm going to replace them anyway.
3. Too many fingerprints. I guess it's the red problem, the color stands out so much against other colors that many other customers touched it while picking up their cars. My DS cleaned all during the walkthrough. I wish Tesla had washed it while we were at the factory tour.

Anyway, these are all minor details.