Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normally Red is a colour used on small cars. And I have been somewhat hesitant to a red Tesla S. However today I saw this car. It was an absolutely beautiful colour. Anybody seen this Red Merc? If the Multicoat-Red is anything like this I will be more than satisfied.Mercedes-Benz-CLS-Class-797898_1464778_5616_3744_10C853_374_zps51cd380b.jpg

My car "came alive" (in app) couple days back and yesterday got confirmation that it is ready. Due to my spouse's schedule won't be picking it up until May 3 at factory. Love seeing all the pics until then! Delivery window was 4/26 to 5/10...so they do hit the early part of the window.

My App came alive today as well :). Judging by your response, my car will be ready in a couple of days. Delivery window was 5/03 to 5/17. So it could be here by Friday or Saturday !!! ??

When I finalized on April 12 I got an email for delivery April 24-May 7. I made payment with Tesla/Wells Fargo 4/15. DS told me delivery set for April 29 then they pushed it off to May 2. DS told that they finished production last monday 4/22 and they were going to put it on a truck to NY last week. I called friday and they said they were going to ship over the weekend. Now today the DS told me that they signed for it just now 4/29 and loaded it on a truck late afternoon. DS says it takes 7-10 days for delivery to NY. Now they assigned May 8 for delivery which they will probably will push off anyway. My Vin# 8988 reservation date 7/22/12, ordered 12/11/12. This is all because I ordered the famous MULTI COAT RED and I live in NY otherwise I would have had it already! I think I have to change my User Name from AprilDelivery?? to MayDelivery?? !!

When I finalized on April 12 I got an email for delivery April 24-May 7. I made payment with Tesla/Wells Fargo 4/15. DS told me delivery set for April 29 then they pushed it off to May 2. DS told that they finished production last monday 4/22 and they were going to put it on a truck to NY last week. I called friday and they said they were going to ship over the weekend. Now today the DS told me that they signed for it just now 4/29 and loaded it on a truck late afternoon. DS says it takes 7-10 days for delivery to NY. Now they assigned May 8 for delivery which they will probably will push off anyway. My Vin# 8988 reservation date 7/22/12, ordered 12/11/12. This is all because I ordered the famous MULTI COAT RED and I live in NY otherwise I would have had it already! I think I have to change my User Name from AprilDelivery?? to MayDelivery?? !!

You ordered 12/11/12 (finalized), but then you said earlier in your post that you finalized April 12th. I think you meant you completed the delivery questionnaire 4/12? Sorry to hear about your delay. :(

Just imagine that you are one of us poor folk who could have had our car 5-6 months ago but instead deferred our configuration and finalization to get the red ... well, that probably didn't make you feel better but at least you have company :biggrin:

Its crazy because I'm VIN# 8988 and Tesla is delivering in the high 9000's . My car has been sitting there for two weeks where it should have been sent out after a week. They were probably delaying it for a tractor trailer headed for the east coast NY area. Until they fill it up they wait another for another batch shipment. You people who got the reds first were are batched together reds then the second batch like me were waited another two weeks.

Took delivery today at about 4:30 in Rockville, MD. The transport truck did not arrive until this morning, so the SC didn't have much time to prep it; my DS called me in the morning to let me know and ask to delay my arrival so they could have more prep time.

The red is stunning even in the lousy, overcast, rainy day, I suffered through today. I spent about 90 minutes at the SC with my delivery check list (from this site), going over every detail and making all of the final settings for the drive home. The car was not full charged (just under 100 miles range when I left the SC). After about a 45 mile drive, I arrived home with about 45 miles left.

I'll post more thought impressions in a day or so, once the lousy weather clears and I have a chance to drive it the way it should be drive. But for now, I'll say Wow! It was well worth the wait. I love this car.

Took delivery today at about 4:30 in Rockville, MD. The transport truck did not arrive until this morning, so the SC didn't have much time to prep it; my DS called me in the morning to let me know and ask to delay my arrival so they could have more prep time.

The red is stunning even in the lousy, overcast, rainy day, I suffered through today. I spent about 90 minutes at the SC with my delivery check list (from this site), going over every detail and making all of the final settings for the drive home. The car was not full charged (just under 100 miles range when I left the SC). After about a 45 mile drive, I arrived home with about 45 miles left.

I'll post more thought impressions in a day or so, once the lousy weather clears and I have a chance to drive it the way it should be drive. But for now, I'll say Wow! It was well worth the wait. I love this car.

Congrats! We want pics :)

Words escape me. Maybe a picture or two will suffice. Picked her up on Friday.

5.jpg

6.jpg

I just got my VIN and I finalized on 1/24. I don't think there are too many people left that finalized before 1/24 still waiting for a VIN. I sent my DL and proof of insurance on Thursday, but don't have my MVPA or a firm delivery date yet.

The DS team is very busy and might not reach out to call folks just to provide status updates. They seem to be reaching out only when they need really to start working on your MVPA - which may be after vehicle inspection. (I'm not sure if before it's loaded on the truck) By updating customers at this stage in the delivery process, there is less risk of a schedule change, which would require more phone calls to then irate customers. I'm very happy. When I reserved in December, I was told August delivery!

Doug, I am still waiting - finalized initially 1/14 but made seat change in March and that pushed me o the bottom of the Reds I think and so end of May at best :( ( 14806)