Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
highfalutintodd - I've been lurking here for 3 months and finally decided to order after I get to see an S and test Drive (Chicago?). I have to fly through Chicago coming from Alaska at the end of May. If it even moves in the test drive I'll probably buy it. I can't believe I am almost ready to buy a car I have only seen on the internet. Went from Black, to White, to Silver and finally decided on Red. Specs would be identical to yours except jump seats. Just having someone else nearby probably pushed me off the ledge. You are only one I have seen on here from Nashville area and I think I need a support group and counseling.

Feel free to give me a holler when you're in Alaska. You can take my S for a spin!

Took delivery today at about 4:30 in Rockville, MD. The transport truck did not arrive until this morning, so the SC didn't have much time to prep it; my DS called me in the morning to let me know and ask to delay my arrival so they could have more prep time.

The red is stunning even in the lousy, overcast, rainy day, I suffered through today. I spent about 90 minutes at the SC with my delivery check list (from this site), going over every detail and making all of the final settings for the drive home. The car was not full charged (just under 100 miles range when I left the SC). After about a 45 mile drive, I arrived home with about 45 miles left.

I'll post more thought impressions in a day or so, once the lousy weather clears and I have a chance to drive it the way it should be drive. But for now, I'll say Wow! It was well worth the wait. I love this car.

Glad you finally took delivery ... a well deserved treat for a Monday! Sunshine is around the corner and I even smile in the rain while driving.

Picking up at Fremont
IMG_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Loves the 18th at Pebble. Good show of effects of sun and shade on Red
IMG_2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And now she's home
IMG_3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1a.jpg
    IMG_1a.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 847
I took delivery at the Seattle Service Center on Saturday. I haven't actually done as much driving as I'd like - which is to say, I haven't driven any more than usual - but I am definitely loving the car and the color. I also haven't had a chance to take any pictures that would top what's already available from other owners in terms of showing off the color. I did take one, however, that shows the car parked in a standard-width garage bay (94" clear at the entrance). I looked for a picture like this before I got the car because, while I knew it would fit mathematically, I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to actually park it. It is definitely a bit tight, and I do take my time pulling in, but I'm now convinced it will become second nature in no time. Anyway, here's the picture if in case it helps anyone else with the same concerns.

IMG_1247.JPG

<sigh> It's official- my car has been pushed back another week. Original EOL was 4/29. It's now 5/7. The official reason is "We were unable to build as many cars this week then we had planned, and as a result a number of cars were pushed back a week." Unofficially I think it's perf+. New delivery date is 5/20 (was 5/14).

<sigh> It's official- my car has been pushed back another week. Original EOL was 4/29. It's now 5/7. The official reason is "We were unable to build as many cars this week then we had planned, and as a result a number of cars were pushed back a week." Unofficially I think it's perf+. New delivery date is 5/20 (was 5/14).

I suspect you may be correct about the perf+. I was told that my car would likely be built next week. It is a perf+ so they may be batching them for next week. Time will tell. And waiting is not easy

I just found out that my Red P85 is on a truck from California to Denver, about two weeks earlier than I expected! I was originally scheduled for a May 16 delivery, but now it will be May 3. The EOL date was Apr 29, and they apparently loaded it on a truck last night. My inside DS was still telling me May 16, but I got a call (along with a confirming e-mail) from someone at the Denver Service Center, asking if I would be able to take delivery on May 3. Now, I just have to scramble to get ready by then.

Today was my second day with the car and the impact of the red. Yesterday I saw it in rainy overcast weather. The red definitely looks darker in those circumstances. But I also parked it in the lot at the BWI airport. There were no cars around it at the time, but when I returned from my trip, the car was surrounded by a black, silver, and blue car. The red just glowed with the other cars around it. The drive home was in the transition to dusk and the red took on another tone. Can't wait to see it in the sunlight tomorrow. It's a gorgeous red and the quality of the finish is outstanding.

Today was my second day with the car and the impact of the red. Yesterday I saw it in rainy overcast weather. The red definitely looks darker in those circumstances. But I also parked it in the lot at the BWI airport. There were no cars around it at the time, but when I returned from my trip, the car was surrounded by a black, silver, and blue car. The red just glowed with the other cars around it. The drive home was in the transition to dusk and the red took on another tone. Can't wait to see it in the sunlight tomorrow. It's a gorgeous red and the quality of the finish is outstanding.

Great description of the various moods of RED......

To hold you over until tomorrows sunlight, here is a picture I took today while in Santa Cruz. Still hoping to see lots of YOUR pictures tomorrow.:smile:

Santa Cruz.jpg

Picked up our feisty, sexy, commanding new Model S today!! We name our cars, and we are calling her Sorsha. She was a feisty, sexy commanding red head, too! I can't add much to the discussions that hasn't been said yet... Suffice it to say I'm blown away. Everything about the delivery experience exceeded my expectations. And the car.... Wow.... Just wow....

I just found out that my Red P85 is on a truck from California to Denver, about two weeks earlier than I expected! I was originally scheduled for a May 16 delivery, but now it will be May 3. The EOL date was Apr 29, and they apparently loaded it on a truck last night. My inside DS was still telling me May 16, but I got a call (along with a confirming e-mail) from someone at the Denver Service Center, asking if I would be able to take delivery on May 3. Now, I just have to scramble to get ready by then.
Congrats Glenn. I couldn't resist and called my DS. He said my car is waiting to be loaded on a truck to Seattle. Whooo Hoo!!! My delivery date from May 03 to May17. I believe its going to on or before May 3rd as well :)

VIN #9448, your car is prepped and waiting for you at the Dallas Service Center. ;-)

IMG_3467.JPG

Quick off-topic story: Am traveling to Dallas on business and decided to drop by and see a Tesla service center in person because, hey, that's what normal, sane, rational people do, right? Go out of their way to visit an AUTO SERVICE CENTER?

Ahem, anyways.... So I drop by the Dallas Service Center and introduce myself to Glover who stops everything he's doing and spends the next 20 minutes showing me around and talking Tesla with me (I would have probably talked to him for hours about all things Tesla, but I already felt like a total heel for taking this busy guy away from his job).

The center is small and tucked out of the way, but clean and very nice looking. So much different than a normal auto mechanic's shop. Glover was super-nice, super-knowledgable, and super-accommodating and I was thrilled to get a chance to talk to him.

Just like so many others have noted, this service center is absolutely packed with Teslas - I could barely find a place to park my rental ICE! Though a few were in for their 12.5k maintenance (already!), most were waiting to be picked up.

Slightly back on topic: Though I'm only a week or so out from getting my own (hopefully), this was the first time I've ever laid eyes on the multi-coat red and it was I N C R E D I B L E!!!!!!!! They had just about every color Tesla possible on the lot outside of brown (which was my test-drive car, so I'd already seen that), so for the first time I got to see all the colors at once. They even had a Sig Red inside and, I'm sorry Sig owners, the multi-coat beats the pants off that color IMO! All the colors were beautiful (and that Dolphin Grey is damn nice), but the multi-coat red is just extraordinary. It is unbelievably eye-catching and just works so well on the Model S that I'm astounded.

I thought this little visit would help my Tesla-induced mania, but it has unfortunately only fueled the fire. Now if only my DS would let me know when the hell I'll be getting my final paperwork so I can get my hands on my own red!!!!!

Now back to your normally scheduled programming. ;-)