Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats MarcG! Nice to finally have a confirmed delivery.

I find it interesting that people have had cars go in later than the first batch that are now showing completed. My car went into production on the 24th and still shows it's in production. Two possibilities in my head- 1) Dashboard is out of whack since the delay and my car is done. 2) The early cars had issues that are still being fixed which were eliminated when later cars were going down the line.

In the same boat. I think it's #2. They are telling me to expect delivery at the end of December even though I was one of the first to enter production on 11/21.

I remember your story, it made me very sad. I hope things have worked out for you and you're getting a new Tesla.

Yep. Insurance was quite plesant to deal with. Ordered a replacement S85 but then upgraded to the P85D a couple of days after it was announced. Last communication from my DS was delivery on the 27th. Was really hoping for a delivery on *my* birthday of the 17th, but I'll live with it being delivered on my wife's birthday instead. :)

Congrats on delivery!

Not to take the wind out of the sails here, because I'm happy to see at least a single confirmed delivery... but, admittedly a little irritated. My P85D has been "In Production" for three weeks as of today, yet folks who's cars went into production after mine are showing complete. And now, one of those that went into production after mine is also delivered, and I don't even have a new date? lol

Come on Tesla...

Right, but this is the first confirmed customer delivery. Previous stickers were for test drive type cars.

Congrats,Marc, this is great and awesome looking car!

The sticker might reflect that they didn't have the Recaro seats for Marc, but I thought Tesla will retrofit them, once they become available.

Marc, please tell us whether you have the Recaro front seats.

Congrats on delivery!

Not to take the wind out of the sails here, because I'm happy to see at least a single confirmed delivery... but, admittedly a little irritated. My P85D has been "In Production" for three weeks as of today, yet folks who's cars went into production after mine are showing complete. And now, one of those that went into production after mine is also delivered, and I don't even have a new date? lol

Come on Tesla...

I think if a few more people from the "1st batch" get offered delivery without the Recaro seats, that pretty much confirms that there were issues with the first batch of seats and they don't have enough inventory to deal with it until next year. They may be targeting those cars with time constraints first (travel plans, cross-country delivery, etc.,).

I think if a few more people from the "1st batch" get offered delivery without the Recaro seats, that pretty much confirms that there were issues with the first batch of seats and they don't have enough inventory to deal with it until next year. They may be targeting those cars with time constraints first (travel plans, cross-country delivery, etc.,).

Well, I fit into both the cross-country delivery and travel plans category since I'm taking delivery in Devon, PA and I'm interrupting my vacation to travel there to take delivery whenever that is.

Emailed DS. Hoping for some update. :(

Edit: My dash also now says "Late December"... err.

- - - Updated - - -

12/5 was a good date. 12/12 (today) was OK... but as we get closer to Christmas day traveling to take delivery is going to be more and more of a headache, especially if it is between the 25th and the 31st. I will not be looking forward to this drive as much as I was originally. :mad:

Just received a call from my DS as well...

I ordered Black NextGen seats but my car was built due to the shortage/airbag issue with black premium leather seats in both front and back.

He said I have two options...

1) Take delivery as soon as possible and bring it in mid January to get the NextGen seats installed.

2) Take delivery as soon as possible, keep premium leather seats and receive $2,500 credit.

At this point I am kind of going back and forth as I will be leasing...

I am concerned that it may actually take quite a few months to get the new seats and then I am paying 36 months for seats that my derrière will only enjoy perhaps of 30 months???

What do you guys think? Am I being ridiculous?

If they're saying January you're talking about a month for the new seats. I can't imagine it'll be 6 months to get the seats. So personally, if you wanted the new seats I'd take the offer to get them changed when they're available.

I know this isn't seats but I ended up having my steering wheel replaced on my S85. We noticed a loose piece of leather shortly after delivery. Took about a month to order the part and for the Service Center to find the time to schedule the installation. So I'd guess no more than 2 months.

I ordered Black NextGen seats but my car was built due to the shortage/airbag issue with black premium leather seats in both front and back.

1) Take delivery as soon as possible and bring it in mid January to get the NextGen seats installed.

2) Take delivery as soon as possible, keep premium leather seats and receive $2,500 credit.

I am concerned that it may actually take quite a few months to get the new seats and then I am paying 36 months for seats that my derrière will only enjoy perhaps of 30 months???

I'd go with #1. Looks like you entered production 11/25. I haven't gotten the wrong seats phone call yet. Wonder what's going on....

I would go with option 1, BUT I would ask for a deadline for the new seats. If they don't make the deadline, then get your $$ back. Telsa has a habit of running late on after-market things (e.g. center console)