Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, greater control over regen would be a really nice upgrade.

Mercedes has paddles, which I really like. VW you can toggle different levels via shifter, almost as nice.

Yeah, a steering wheel control would be nice. Just another option for the scroll wheels? But I would be perfectly happy with just another option on the touchscreen. I would just set it as high as possible and control it with the "exhilarator" pedal.

If the battery is not able to deliver enough power to the engines, so the real power is only about 580hp i think that is very strange advertisement to say it has almost 700hp.

Would be the same as Ferrari advertises the engine has 700hp, but sorry the fuel pump and lines can only deliver enough fuel for about 580hp :rolleyes:

Oh, somehow I thought you were getting grey interior??

has anyone had a delivery yet with grey seats on a P85D?

According to the spreadsheet, Aargau did.

Oh, hold on. It is not until the 17th. How can that be an "Actual Delivery Date?"

- - - Updated - - -

What is happening with the weather in the Bay Area? The port delay that Jerome mentioned in his email is scary for those of us awaiting production. It seems as though the number of cars entering production has slowed again. I am wondering if it is related.

First time posting, I replied to the thread, not sure if that is how I was supposed to do it, if not could someone tell me how to open a new comment.
I ordered a P85 in Oct and then changed the order to a P85D a week after the announcement. Was told I would get a December delivery.
P85D , Blue , sun roof, Tech package, enhanced sound, air suspension, 19 inch wheels, old version seats

Car has been in production since December 1st, originally committed to deliver by December 15 in North Carolina (5 days shipping , 1 day prep)
Has been at "End of production" since December 7 and has not changed and obviously has not shipped.
Vin is EFP 64735

I had originally ordered the coil suspension but then was told the delivery would move out to February if I had not upgraded to air suspension , which I did.
Have been told the car is at the end of the production line and the reasons for being held up are
1) The new model Ds require additional testing and inspection
2) Held up due to the new seat / air bag problem, even though I don't have the new seats
3) Parts are held up at the dock and they are receiving sporadic deliveries of parts needed to finish the cars
4) Worse storm in a century slowed things down
5) They have hired and moved people all around to keep things moving
6) It takes 10 times the amount of time to rework / fix the cars than it does to build new ( not sure what problems they are fixing)

Car is now in "Final inspections" and they are doing everything they can to ship it this year as committed.

Thats all I know, which really is nothing.

John

Finally after 24 days in production 63954, but alias I do not want a car that did not come off the line perfectly. I don't want a high priced vehicle that had to be fixed post production by hand with workers that do not normally do that kind of work. I have reordered and will wait for it to be rebuilt the right way.

I really think anyone who takes these first run cars just to get a tax break are confused or don't mind throwing away money. How can yo trust Tesla, the company that left your cars sitting on the lot for 3 weeks. You will have taxes in 2015 as well. That is guaranteed. SO disappointed about how this was handled by Tesla. Its really appalling. No calls, no notification, no anything. I guess I will have to wait until LATE Feb.... At least I will get a heated steering wheel. Just goes to show those early adopters like me, you are foolish to trust Tesla!

Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

Finally after 24 days in production 63954, but alias I do not want a car that did not come off the line perfectly. I don't want a high priced vehicle that had to be fixed post production by hand with workers that do not normally do that kind of work. I have reordered and will wait for it to be rebuilt the right way.

I really think anyone who takes these first run cars just to get a tax break are confused or don't mind throwing away money. How can yo trust Tesla, the company that left your cars sitting on the lot for 3 weeks. You will have taxes in 2015 as well. That is guaranteed. SO disappointed about how this was handled by Tesla. Its really appalling. No calls, no notification, no anything. I guess I will have to wait until LATE Feb.... At least I will get a heated steering wheel. Just goes to show those early adopters like me, you are foolish to trust Tesla!

Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

Sorry, can't let this one go by without a comment. As any adopter, early or late, if I could not trust TM I would not buy any car. If mine were in limbo I would not be happy but I would not think anything untrustworthy was going on. Second, many people have changing tax situations from 2014 to 2015. They may be able to take (have planned on the credit for taxes in 2014) the credit in 2014 but can't in 2015.

Sorry, can't let this one go by without a comment. As any adopter, early or late, if I could not trust TM I would not buy any car. If mine were in limbo I would not be happy but I would not think anything untrustworthy was going on. Second, many people have changing tax situations from 2014 to 2015. They may be able to take (have planned on the credit for taxes in 2014) the credit in 2014 but can't in 2015.

If you are willing to take +100,000 dollar car bc of taxes than by all means good luck. Everyone has different tax issues, but the quality is what I am talking about. If they would have notified me of whats happening and discussed than maybe I would be willing to take a leap of faith. But this seems shady to me, but to each there own, etc