Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I'm honestly not 100% sure why I have the earliest delivery date on the spreadsheet, and now the first noted as "In Production".

Thank you, Tesla, I'm definitely not complaining.

Maybe you're getting some special attention for being the first person to eviscerate one of their battery packs and live to tell about it :smile:

RT

In production!!!!!!

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 64200

Edit:
OK, excited now. :D

Status changed from Confirmed to In Production between 3:30PM and 4PM eastern time.

This is great news and hopefully will bode well for the rest of us. If Tesla are in fact producing up to 1000 vehicles per week and are prioritizing the P85D, we may all get our cars sooner rather than later.
One thing I noticed from you posting your entire VIN number is, even though your last 5 digits are higher than mine, placing you lower on the list, the middle two are lower than mine. So the last 5 digits don't tell the entire story/order of production.

One thing I noticed from you posting your entire VIN number is, even though your last 5 digits are higher than mine, placing you lower on the list, the middle two are lower than mine. So the last 5 digits don't tell the entire story/order of production.

The last 5 digits are the serial number. The rest of it is just encoded with details about the car. You can find the info to decode VIN for US vehicles published by the NHTSA (we know there are some values that aren't explained in that document for vehicle destined for outside the US). I'm guessing that by the middle digits you mean the 24 in his VIN. The 2 means Dual motor (so it should be the same in your VIN). The 4 is a check digit and is calculated from the other digits (this helps detect if there is a mistake in entering a VIN).

We also know that the VIN serial number has nothing to do with the production sequence. For example I had P56107 (which I just traded yesterday). While at the Tesla Service Center I saw a vehicle with roughly P55???. This vehicle had Autopilot hardware meaning it was made after my old vehicle which did not have it.

All of this has been discussed extensively elsewhere on this forum. So nothing I'm telling you is new information.