Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the exception of PatT's car (VIN 6373) all of the cars that have entered production thus far have black interiors, order dates in the 10/9-10/11 range, and re-confirmed between 10/23-25.

- - - Updated - - -

So has anyone gone into production that didn't have an EOL date of 11/24?

Congrats sundoc ... I guess you'll be getting your car before mine after all.

Thanks my man! My original build was back in July with a delivery date in Oct, I think I've posted this here before: that build was completed 2 days before the D was announced... So suffice it to say this has been a LONG time in the making!

I still think ours may very well come on the same truck, though.

I'm trying to remember from the last time but when during this build process does the car show up in the Mobile App? I was thinking after the 4 or 5 day build process is when the car showed up in the App but I can't remember.

If that's the case, some should start seeing theirs come to life by the end of this week...

Mike

My P85D is in production! (VIN 64331) I'd called my DS yesterday to express concern that my confirm date was so far after the order date (10/15->11/13) in relation to others in the sheet, and to my great surprise he said that his system showed my car in the queue for this week. Thankfully, he was correct! :)

After doing a fair amount of analysis on the sheet looking at dates, options, VINs, locations, etc., there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when cars are moving in to production, mine included. Perhaps when we have more data some clear patterns will emerge. Meantime, hopefully my vehicle will serve as some encouragement for others... you could be next!

Has anyone had their car go into production and had their DS still not give them a firmish delivery date? I just called my DS to work on financing and they still offered no delivery date. Didn't really even tell me a specific week just Mid December. I could be wrong but I would think that if a car is in production they should know when it is expected to get off the line and on a truck?

It seems like a Chicago thing :) DS only says when it is CLOSE to production COMPLETE, he will set a date/time.
I am assuming they would load up the truck for Chicago for Mid December. So they may all come on the same truck:)
Has anyone had their car go into production and had their DS still not give them a firmish delivery date? I just called my DS to work on financing and they still offered no delivery date. Didn't really even tell me a specific week just Mid December. I could be wrong but I would think that if a car is in production they should know when it is expected to get off the line and on a truck?

I'm in same boat. My DS has been basically useless, refusing to even speculate when car would enter production, and now not answering my emails even after my car has been in production for 4 days. I'm just gonna keep refreshing my Tesla page until the option to select a delivery day and time pops up.

My DS emailed me a few hours after I noticed my production status change in the dashboard. He offered a delivery date, somewhat conservative (slightly more than two weeks from start of production) due to the upcoming holiday weekend. Said he'd be able to give a more accurate date after the Thanksgiving weekend. So far he's been great.

Just talked to mine as I've got a trip to NYC 13th-14th. He said my car is scheduled to go into production next week, ready week after that, so should be right around 11th-12th.

He also said this week will be a bit wonky on production due to the Thanksgiving Holiday (not just the assembly line, but other Tesla employees)

FYI, at the factory today and about to take the tour. While waiting, I was chatting with a delivery team member who mentioned that the status update on My Tesla does lag and can take a few days to update. So it's probably good to refrain from drawing final conclusions for the specific "In Production" dates (to-the-day).

I am so happy to hear the P85D's are entering production!
Nice Holiday Present.
Cant wait to see the first delivery pics....
Does anyone have any plans to do videos or some top end photo essays?
Is there a "Pool" going on as to who get's theirs delivered first? (West Coasters have the advantage there especially for factory delivery!)
Cant wait and am excited for you.... next year at this time, my order will be in.
Vicarious in CT.

PS: Know of one P85D on order here in CT but that future owner has not logged their car in to the spreadsheet, and perhaps my not be here on TMC.