Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According the the figures in the spreadsheet, a small trickle went into production today but nothing coming out at the other end. Constipation must be setting in.
I was doing some reverse engineering of the seat problem and then I remembered seeing a truckload of D's yesterday...maybe this issue is now color specific. With black's still being remade and sent though they were the first to be produced.

MarcG,
As someone who follows this thread almost hourly, I CANNOT WAIT to see your "report" tomorrow!! PLEASE include many pictures!!

Oh you bet I will! Unfortunately it's looking like a rainy, or at least overcast morning again tomorrow, so they won't be pretty.

The next gen seats problem doesn't explain the delay with my car that went into production along with MarcG's on 11/25 and has textile seats! I had indicated a travel constraint as well with travel scheduled for 12/22. Not complaining though; just making an observation. :)

Yeah that one doesn't make sense, although we know the Recaro seats were not the only problem - just the last one they needed to solve and now catch up on short supply. Maybe you'll get your P85D on 12/21? ;-)

My P85D went into production on Friday last week and just changed 2 hours ago and says "Production CompleteYour Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.". With Next generation seats. How long is the prep phase?

I've been a lurker until now... Time to post.

VIN 67417. MT shows "entered the production queue". "Estimated Delivery late December" in Tampa. DS has arranged for a Dec 27th delivery.

So our car isn't nearly as far down the road as many of you. Nonetheless, after asking our DS today if he still thinks that date is solid, he said "No change in your estimated delivery date as I can see". Since our car hasn't even reportedly entered production, I can't see how they will come through by Dec 27th. Further, our VIN is the third highest number on the spreadsheet. If they're truly using a sequential numbering system, there's lots of aluminum to shape before our car gets a ride on the transporter. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in January, or even February.

VIN 67417. MT shows "entered the production queue". "Estimated Delivery late December" in Tampa. DS has arranged for a Dec 27th delivery.

So our car isn't nearly as far down the road as many of you. Nonetheless, after asking our DS today if he still thinks that date is solid, he said "No change in your estimated delivery date as I can see". Since our car hasn't even reportedly entered production, I can't see how they will come through by Dec 27th. Further, our VIN is the third highest number on the spreadsheet. If they're truly using a sequential numbering system, there's lots of aluminum to shape before our car gets a ride on the transporter. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in January, or even February.

Welcome to the forum! Tesla does not build in VIN order. P85D's are most definitely being prioritized for EOY delivery to maximize revenue.

I've been a quiet lurker as well. VIN 64011 for me too show in queue still. My DS has been very tight lipped about everything only has told me that I will take delivery sometime between Dec 17th and Dec 31st.

What's worse is I work about 2 miles up I-880 from the factory and drive by it very regularly. I eat lunch at a lot of same spots that the factory techs do and see lots of MS everywhere taunting me.