Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed something interesting on my window sticker... while looking to see if they labelled the "next gen seats" as being "Recaro" or not. (Note: I received the Nappa Seats and am waiting for the next gen to be delivered/installed as are many others).

What struck me was that this was the only item not listed in English - but only French! Strange...
0873.jpg

Last edited:
To those Norwegians that might be wondering why this boat is heading to Bremerhaven and not Drammen:

Next part of the cars trip is supposed to be on the boat UECC's Autoracer AUTORACER - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9079200, MMSI 255802650, Callsign CQOD | Registered in Portugal - AIS Marine Traffic from Bremerhaven to Norway.

Just to add a bit of information. The Tarago is scheduled to dock in Bremerhaven on 2/7/15. Drop of cars from the US and pick cars in Bremerhaven then is bound for Zebrugge on 2/9 and Southampton on 2/10, Santander 2/12. A little a month later it will be in Australia. Drammen is not likely serviced by the size of boat like the Tarago but by the Autoracer class.

Just got my purchase agreement on my dashboard and on the document it says delivery on or about February 15. Wondering if anyone recently took delivery and how accurate that delivery date was on their P.A.

(P85D ordered 1/17; Confirmed 1/20; VIN assigned 1/22; Status-entered production queue: Late March delivery when confirmed, bumped to Late Feb, now Feb 15)

Just got my purchase agreement on my dashboard and on the document it says delivery on or about February 15. Wondering if anyone recently took delivery and how accurate that delivery date was on their P.A.

(P85D ordered 1/17; Confirmed 1/20; VIN assigned 1/22; Status-entered production queue: Late March delivery when confirmed, bumped to Late Feb, now Feb 15)

Mine was 1 month late but that was pretty extreme from what I understand.

I just talked to my DS about this time line... I'll admit it, envy drove me, as mine is "P85D ordered 1/7; confirmed 1/8; VIN assigned 1/22; status entered production queue, Late March delivery when confirmed, now just March delivery"
So I ordered and confirmed 10 and 12 days before you, respectively, got the VIN the same day, and would love to have my car in ten days...
My DS says
Although I can’t speak to this customer’s production and delivery timeline specifically, but this does not seem accurate. The date he is referring to is manually entered by his DES. His DES could enter any date they would like, and they often do as a place holder.

I would be very surprised if this timeline holds up. If it does, I would take it as a good sign that production is ahead of schedule and that your car would likely start production earlier than anticipated. Seeing as his car is in going to Southern California and your order was confirmed earlier, I would expect to see your car delivered before his.
What I find interesting is the part about the date being manually entered by the DS (or DES? whatever). That might explain the fluctuation some people seem to have experienced in the past...

According to my DS at the Rocklin (CA.) service/delivery center for this area around Sacramento, My P85D (VIN 69567) is supposed to arrive there today or early tomorrow for Friday afternoon handover to moi. Mine entered production on 15 January and exited as production complete on 2 February. Originally ordered on "Day 1 of P85D orders" but always set for February delivery as I wanted to be sure of a 2015 registration and tax deduction as well. MC Red, air suspension, dual chargers, upgrade sound, tan next generation seats front and back, obeche gloss wood, 19" grey cyclone wheels, tech package, winter package. Replacing a similarly equipped 2013 S85 with a glorious 24,800 miles.

I just talked to my DS about this time line... I'll admit it, envy drove me, as mine is "P85D ordered 1/7; confirmed 1/8; VIN assigned 1/22; status entered production queue, Late March delivery when confirmed, now just March delivery"
So I ordered and confirmed 10 and 12 days before you, respectively, got the VIN the same day, and would love to have my car in ten days...
My DS says
What I find interesting is the part about the date being manually entered by the DS (or DES? whatever). That might explain the fluctuation some people seem to have experienced in the past...

Hopefully I didn't get okie-doked on the delivery date as I only placed my order if I got delivery by Late February, otherwise I could of held off ordering until the end of the year. Keeping my fingers crossed and will update this post when it enters production which gotta be soon for a 2/15 delivery date.

- - - Updated - - -

My DS says
teslaPA.JPG

Is your DS referring to this date that can be changed manually or the date on the dashboard?

Hopefully I didn't get okie-doked on the delivery date as I only placed my order if I got delivery by Late February, otherwise I could of held off ordering until the end of the year. Keeping my fingers crossed and will update this post when it enters production which gotta be soon for a 2/15 delivery date.
That would suck and would not fit with the usual standard that I've experienced from Tesla. It seems much more likely to me that your DES was able to get you on an accelerated schedule in order to get the sale... I certainly hope that you were not duped. And I wish that I had made the same demand when ordering mine... DANG...
Is your DS referring to this date that can be changed manually or the date on the dashboard?
His email was a bit longer than what I quoted, and he seemed to state clearly that both the date in the agreement which you posted (which I don't have, yet) and the date shown on the dashboard are manually controlled by the DES, but the status (in queue, in production, in transit) is NOT controlled by the DES.

That would suck and would not fit with the usual standard that I've experienced from Tesla. It seems much more likely to me that your DES was able to get you on an accelerated schedule in order to get the sale... I certainly hope that you were not duped. And I wish that I had made the same demand when ordering mine... DANG...

His email was a bit longer than what I quoted, and he seemed to state clearly that both the date in the agreement which you posted (which I don't have, yet) and the date shown on the dashboard are manually controlled by the DES, but the status (in queue, in production, in transit) is NOT controlled by the DES.

Good Luck to both of us in getting it sooner than later. Hopefully my next update will be in production status.

Finally received my car in my home town - Calgary

Hi,
It's been a long journey but finally I received my P85D in Calgary - directly to the wrap shop (I'm not even in Calgary right now so I still have to wait a while to actually drive it). I took official delivery of my car in Vancouver on January 27th (it arrived on January 26th). As I've said in other posts, the delay to get cars from Vancouver to Calgary is something that Tesla needs to sort if sales in Calgary are going to ramp up - just ask 3s-a-charm! The guy who delivered today was the same guy who delivered my last car and I can't help wondering if they have more than a couple of guys to deliver these cars. This guy was also delivering a Porsche so he is not exclusive for Tesla either. Another interesting point is that my car had a protective cover. Last time this particular guy delivered my car there was a vintage car above my Tesla that cascaded shards of rust all over my car. I complained and it appears someone listened. I have one other comment/question for the collective but I'll post that separately.

Photo 2015-02-05, 1 32 53 PM.jpg
Photo 2015-02-05, 1 22 03 PM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

On receiving my car today I was concerned to see that it had 20 more KMs on it than when I last saw it in Vancouver. Given that I officially took delivery of the car in Vancouver and it was fully paid for, to my mind there should have been no more than a 1-2 Kms put on the car as required for moving it inside or outside and then loading it on the truck. In addition to the fact that it had 20 Kms put on it, as can be seen in this graph, it appears that somebody was giving it a pretty good kicking. I'm going to ask my DS politely to explain it but I'm curious whether anyone has any thoughts or input on whether this is common or normal.

Photo 2015-02-05, 1 27 26 PM.jpg

Hi,
It's been a long journey but finally I received my P85D in Calgary - directly to the wrap shop (I'm not even in Calgary right now so I still have to wait a while to actually drive it). I took official delivery of my car in Vancouver on January 27th (it arrived on January 26th). As I've said in other posts, the delay to get cars from Vancouver to Calgary is something that Tesla needs to sort if sales in Calgary are going to ramp up - just ask 3s-a-charm! The guy who delivered today was the same guy who delivered my last car and I can't help wondering if they have more than a couple of guys to deliver these cars. This guy was also delivering a Porsche so he is not exclusive for Tesla either. Another interesting point is that my car had a protective cover. Last time this particular guy delivered my car there was a vintage car above my Tesla that cascaded shards of rust all over my car. I complained and it appears someone listened. I have one other comment/question for the collective but I'll post that separately.

View attachment 71408View attachment 71409

- - - Updated - - -

On receiving my car today I was concerned to see that it had 20 more KMs on it than when I last saw it in Vancouver. Given that I officially took delivery of the car in Vancouver and it was fully paid for, to my mind there should have been no more than a 1-2 Kms put on the car as required for moving it inside or outside and then loading it on the truck. In addition to the fact that it had 20 Kms put on it, as can be seen in this graph, it appears that somebody was giving it a pretty good kicking. I'm going to ask my DS politely to explain it but I'm curious whether anyone has any thoughts or input on whether this is common or normal.

View attachment 71411
gpetti, congrats! The color looks amazing, same one we picked. Wow, the car looks good!

I can't imagine that it's common or normal or anything of the sort.

It became your car when you paid for it. Unless you gave them explicit permission to do something with it other than gently drive it onto the truck to deliver it to you, (and it sounds like you definitely did not) if I were you, I'd be livid! It looks like they either let someone test drive your car, or took it for a joy ride or something. They may say it was a mistake, but that kind of mistake is pretty inexcusable.

I'll be interested to hear what they say about it. This really does not seem right. I'm angry just thinking about it!

If I were you, I'd be livid! It looks like they either let someone test drive your car, or took it for a joy ride or something. They may say it was a mistake, but that kind of mistake is pretty inexcusable.

I'll be interested to hear what they say about it. This really does not seem right. I'm angry just thinking about it!

+1 I cannot imagine a plausible explanation for this. Someone has some serious explaining to do.

Hi,

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats @gpetti! The journey is coming to an end. I took your car for a spin in Vancouver LOL! Your car looks great. I did my first wash yesterday after about 12 days - the car is so smooth and easy to wash! Thank you low coefficient of drag. I'm getting all kinds of "cool car" comments from random strangers too.

Looks like those wheels are your summer tires, right? Is the wrap shop swapping your wheels at the same time or do you do that yourself? I've got those wheels with insanely low profile winter rubber on right now. It's a little harsh to be honest and I'm pretty nervous about curbing them but man do they look great!

That is bothersome to say the least. The thought of someone "test driving" your car after you paid and took delivery is disturbing.

Not to steal your thunder but I also have something I'm working through regarding my delivery... my summer tires which were not installed are clearly used heavily. The wheels were recently washed as they still had water drops on them but the inside of the wheels was full of brake dust, there is evidence of feathering on the outer edges of the tires, and they have small stones/gravel in the treads. Honestly, with the amount of regen in these vehicles... how could you accumulate a thick layer of brake dust!? I've notified them and asked to have a fresh set of wheels/tires sent to me. I paid $5,900 for the set... should be new.

Of course, this also ties in to your delivery because it made me wonder... either my wheels came from another vehicle or they (Factory? Delivery Centre?) drove the snot out of my car at one point and then put the winter wheels/tires on for delivery.

Whatever... life's too short to get upset. But I do want what I paid for.

Congrats again... see you around town!

PS. I had the same delivery driver - nice guy. My car was on top with a Rain-X cover on but in yellow.

To those Norwegians that might be wondering why this boat is heading to Bremerhaven and not Drammen:

Next part of the cars trip is supposed to be on the boat UECC's Autoracer AUTORACER - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9079200, MMSI 255802650, Callsign CQOD | Registered in Portugal - AIS Marine Traffic from Bremerhaven to Norway.

So if the friendly bird is correct the cars will leave Bremerhaven on the 11th of february on Autoracer.

PS! dont ask me why port is listed as Oslo and not Drammen. I have now shared all of the info the friendly bird told me:)
With risk of sounding like a broken record since I am quoting myself again and again I have just realised that the ship Autoracer obviously goes on a route from Bremerhaven->Oslo->Drammen->Kristiansand->Bremerhaven. So it now makes perfect sense that I saw Oslo as the destination earlier this week.

The ship is now heading back to Bremerhaven after having stopped at both Drammen and Kristiansand since the last update. ETA for arrival in Bremerhaven is more or less identical to the ETA for Taragos arrival in the same port so timing is perfect:)

Tarago is now getting really close to Bremerhaven as well so all seems to be on schedule for those that are lucky enough to have their cars on that ship. I really hope my car is indeed on it now:) otherwise I am setting myself up for a huge disappointment;)

Last edited:
Congrats @gpetti! The journey is coming to an end. I took your car for a spin in Vancouver LOL! Your car looks great. I did my first wash yesterday after about 12 days - the car is so smooth and easy to wash! Thank you low coefficient of drag. I'm getting all kinds of "cool car" comments from random strangers too.

Looks like those wheels are your summer tires, right? Is the wrap shop swapping your wheels at the same time or do you do that yourself? I've got those wheels with insanely low profile winter rubber on right now. It's a little harsh to be honest and I'm pretty nervous about curbing them but man do they look great!

That is bothersome to say the least. The thought of someone "test driving" your car after you paid and took delivery is disturbing.

Not to steal your thunder but I also have something I'm working through regarding my delivery... my summer tires which were not installed are clearly used heavily. The wheels were recently washed as they still had water drops on them but the inside of the wheels was full of brake dust, there is evidence of feathering on the outer edges of the tires, and they have small stones/gravel in the treads. Honestly, with the amount of regen in these vehicles... how could you accumulate a thick layer of brake dust!? I've notified them and asked to have a fresh set of wheels/tires sent to me. I paid $5,900 for the set... should be new.

Of course, this also ties in to your delivery because it made me wonder... either my wheels came from another vehicle or they (Factory? Delivery Centre?) drove the snot out of my car at one point and then put the winter wheels/tires on for delivery.

Whatever... life's too short to get upset. But I do want what I paid for.

Congrats again... see you around town!

PS. I had the same delivery driver - nice guy. My car was on top with a Rain-X cover on but in yellow.

Those are my summer wheels. I have winters ready but I'll swap them (using another mechanic) after the wrap is done.
How many Kms did you have on your car when it arrived?

One thing I'm aware of is that the car arrived in Vancouver with less Kms than would normally be the case. I was wondering if after I complained about the new production delay, maybe they shipped the car without finishing all of the QA - delegating it to the SC. If that was the case - they really should have told me and I don't think driving around a track in california is the same as driving around Vancouver. Although there is a plate on the car, it was not legally registered either - not really sure if it was insured as my insurance kicked in last week. Anyway, I'm interested to hear what the score is.