Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade Android Cable for Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model 3 yesterday, and it came with one lightning cable for iPhones and another cable for android phones. If a model 3 owner in Orange County would like to swap their lightning cable for my android cable, please drop me a note. Thx

Out of curiosity, is the "android" cable USB micro b or USB C?

USB micro b:
upload_2018-1-16_14-26-14.png

USB C:
upload_2018-1-16_14-24-52.png

upload_2018-1-16_14-27-8.png

Reactions: Pkmmte
I saw the recommendation to see if anyone else is picking up their M3 when you get yours and ask if anyone wants to trade. I will plan to do this.

And yes, most households aren’t bi-mobile OS and it makes little sense for Tesla to just default to one each. They should at least ask. Though from other threads, it seems even the ones they give you may not work with most cases, so I’ll be looking for a means to install a Qi charger of some sort, even if it needs to be glass-mounted.

I asked during delivery and they said they didn't have any extras to swap out, and to try asking service. Service said the same thing LOL. I looked into a QI wireless charger, but unless you embed the charger in the rubber mat or below it, your phone will slide down through the gap between the phone dock and the center console cover. I just bought a second iPhone cable from the Tesla shop for $14.

Last edited: