Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traded my M3P for an RS3 - My thoughts on both cars for what it's worth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great write-up! Thanks for sharing your feedback. I was drooling over those RS3s before I got my M3P. It's an amazing car and that color is awesome! When you get something so unique like that, you have to get that color too! One of the best 5 cylinders of all times! Enjoy the RS3 and share some videos. Can't get enough of that exhaust note!

Reactions: clerks
Model S Refresh solves most of your problems.

More consistent speed as SOC goes down and 60-90 mph kicks as hard as 20-50 mph does.

Nicer ride. I got rid of my M3P partly due to ride and cabin noise as well.

Nicer interior.

405 miles range.

Looks nicer than M3P or RS3.

Best of all they don’t offer that horrible fire truck green. No wonder it was available ;)
Yes it absolutely does. But not at 125k. But when Tesla translates the interior over to the M3, I will be back. Yeah, yeah, the green is an easy target. My wife, among others, is pissed. That said, I have gotten several complements on the color over the course of just a few days. I did get some on the Tesla from time to time as well.

Reactions: S2K_MoZo
Meanwhile the Vroom offer for my 2022 Model 3 Performance dropped $12,000 last week alone. Still worth way more than I owe on it with zero down which isn’t bad.
I've been watching the used prices on the Model 3 LR and Performance. They are coming down and there are many more available than before. They will remain in demand for sure but the high times are probably nearing an end. I don't think it's a tesla thing. I think it's an industry thing. Loan rates are up to 6 percent.
RS Audi vehicles have held their value EXTREMELY well even taking out this over inflated market. There is absolutely no statistic pointing to the M3 holding it's value better than the RS3.
Yeah, I'm not too worried about resale on the RS3. I think it will do just fine.

Yes it absolutely does. But not at 125k. But when Tesla translates the interior over to the M3, I will be back. Yeah, yeah, the green is an easy target. My wife, among others, is pissed. That said, I have gotten several complements on the color over the course of just a few days. I did get some on the Tesla from time to time as well.
Last I looked S LR is $105K. M3 will need a lot more than interior. Suspension is, probably the most serious issue. I also love the hatch on the S and I added the Model X hitch. So it’s my super sporty SUV with 405 miles range and still does 0-60 in 3.1. And has the space of a Model Y.

Agree everything is a trade off. Biggest trade off is the high price.

1663079886610.png

Reactions: mswlogo
Last I looked S LR is $105K.

Agree everything is a trade off. Biggest trade off is the high price.

Yeah, this doesn't fit my family budget .... I firmly believe Tesla will (and will have to) address ride quality and interior quality in the next iteration of the Model 3. Since demand currently outstrips supply, they probably aren't motivated to do this right now, but that's kind of what happened to Blackberry and we know how that ended. They would be wise to gear up because the competition is gunning for them.

Not sure what this tells us. RS3s were never 75k plus in 2018 so anything over 60ish should be an outlier. Looks like they dropped from 60k MSRP to 50 over 3 years. That's pretty solid btw and way better than average.
See my last screenshot. from $63k to $50k in two years is about 20% depreciation which aligns with other non RS audi/bmw/MB cars. and anything beyond early 2020 is outlier and abnormal, so disregard the trend after the beginning of 2020 and later.

Last edited:
Reactions: mswlogo
Love the RS3, there was a thread where a guy was speculating over the same scenario (sell TM3 / buy ICE), my recommendation :cool:

I dig on the green (though I'd prefer a black caliper with that exterior), I had a yellow Z06 and an orange GT convertible, fun cars, great colors. I sort of tick-tock with a gray-scale color, then back to something with a big bold color, I'm currently in a gray phase :D

Love the RS3, there was a thread where a guy was speculating over the same scenario (sell TM3 / buy ICE), my recommendation :cool:

I dig on the green (though I'd prefer a black caliper with that exterior), I had a yellow Z06 and an orange GT convertible, fun cars, great colors. I sort of tick-tock with a gray-scale color, then back to something with a big bold color, I'm currently in a gray phase :D
@MaskedRacerX With Tesla these days you really can't be in your bold color phase 😛 (unless red counts)