Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Trailer-friendly Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add the Supercharger on Klassen Road in Hope, British Columbia, as a trailer friendly location. A recent expansion of the site added a new row of stalls and one can now pull up on the back side of that row and plug in without blocking traffic at the gas station next to the Superchargers.

36D68A99-CF79-4CC5-B4DD-56C23D2DF108.jpeg
C6D9247B-DB60-4EDF-BCC0-022B6DDB0AA0.jpeg

If that's all you need to call it trailer friendly
If I can charge without unhitching or physically blocking any stalls or parking lot lanes, that is definitely “trailer friendly” to me. I’ve never charged in Oakland but from your photo it appears to be trailer friendly.

If I can charge without unhitching and only block one or two stalls at a location with 6 or more stalls that is little used I also consider that “trailer friendly”.

Reactions: israndy
Used the Firebaugh CA Supercharger for the first time today and it has 4 pedestals that can be accessed by parking behind and parallel to them in a large paved area perfect for staying hitched up while charging. Yes, there are markings on the pavement indicating “Do not park here” but I don’t see why.

It is too bad the overall area is so trashy and overgrown with tumbleweeds.

F48B77BA-91ED-4D36-BB4D-2A63370A3393.jpeg

Reactions: KJD
It looks like another trailer friendly site opened in Santa Nella with 4 trailer friendly stalls:

Yes those look ideal to use while staying hitched up with a small trailer, but I suspect the intent of the Supercharging station designer was that in the future they would be used by Cybertruck owners.

At many Supercharger locations, if a Cybertruck is charging it will stick out so far that it will partially block the lane vehicles use to get in and out of the stalls. I think that is going to be a real problem.

Those stalls don't look like they have hardly any room to turn after you have charged if towing a long trailer.
I agree that if one is towing a 22 ft-plus trailer it will be tight. But it looks perfect for my 17 footer.

I do not expect Tesla to design Superchargers to accommodate long trailers staying hitched up while charging. It only takes a few minutes to unhitch. I do it all the time.

Reactions: Misterbee
Yuba City has one stall that is accessible with my 18' trailer and MY. It's a little tricky backing out, but not horrible.
Also it appears the new Mariposa Supercharger has multiple pull-in stalls. And so does Bass Lake

Canmore, Alberta. This would be the 1702 Bow Valley Trail location. You can pull up to the end of the row of stalls. There is a building to the left, out of the picture, but there’s plenty of room for others to get around.

E25A8A85-F164-4A3C-8EA8-19C76AD2D04D.jpeg

sweet trailer.. whats your efficiency with that bad boy?
Hey gt, not to go wandering too far ot I’ll just post a couple of screen shots. Let's take it to the Towing travel trailer with Model Y thread if you'd like to discuss it further. 👍

DE400C37-A215-432A-B868-7B820AE3E9CD.jpeg
58DB5DDB-B046-4BFE-87AA-54BBD6244134.jpeg
B5DAB69D-A3D5-4920-A503-12D3CAB5BD58.jpeg

Apologies that last one, Banff to home, is a little fuzzy posted that small. It was 1805 miles at an average 498 Wh/mi.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohmman and gt2690b
Seems to only offer the same amount of sleeping space the Model Y already has

Oh, sorry, did you mean this thread:

Seems to only offer the same amount of sleeping space the Model Y already has

Oh, sorry, did you mean this thread:
Hey Randy,

Yup, that's the thread. Thanks for the assist there.

Yeah, the trailer sleeping area is about the same size as if you set up the car for sleeping. The trailer also has a small fridge and kitchen on the back. We appreciate the extra overall room this setup gives us while staying small and affecting our range as little as possible. We seem to always have plenty to put in the car. Camping chairs, beverage cooler, dog kennel, food box, sometimes our E-Z Up canopy. With the trailer we don't have to figure out where to shift or put these things while trying to convert things to a bed. We also appreciate the shades and screens on the camper windows. We're really enjoying the trailer and the things it's allowing us to do.