TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trans-Canada Supercharged in 2017

Discussion in 'Canada' started by iKhalid, May 28, 2017.

1. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

• Love x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  2. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

What I think is that when you convert the 687 day Mars year to Earth terms you get 2019.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised and see lots of Trans-Canada action this year, though.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. 1.21 Jiggawatts

That swift current supercharger is critical for me to escape Saskatchewan. Otherwise you will find me slow charging at 48amps for hours on end.

A medicine hat supercharger would be a bonus as well

• Like x 1
  4. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

If it ain't on the map, I'm not believing it. Especially considering in the past the map has been wildly optimistic of what's going to get done.

• Like x 3
  5. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. blackscraper

blackscraper Member

I wish it would be true.

7. Beckler

Beckler Member

I choose to believe. No reason they can't just step it up. Maybe someone at Tesla actually looked at the coverage in Canada. :D That and there must be good Model 3 numbers from canadians.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Don't believe it. Really, don't even hope. Not going to happen.

• Like x 1
  9. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

#9 Gwgan, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    • Funny x 2
  10. Beckler

Beckler Member

Except it makes no sense for Musk to suddenly say this unless they've actually made some new decision. Or if 'trans-Canada' doesn't actually mean it. Hopefully some confirmation or details soon.

• Like x 2
  11. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

I believe Elon has good intentions of doing that, but there are no dots in Saskatchewan on their official map yet. This is not the first time he's said Swift Current will get a Supercharger in 2017. I'd really like to believe him but there are no dots on the map, 5 months after he first mentioned it.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

The key word is "should" -- like, we should have had superchargers along the trans Canada highway by now. Or, we should have them this year. We won't -- but we should.

• Funny x 1
  13. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

I rated that post as funny ... I really did LOL !

Small hope persists though.

14. Phillip L

Phillip L Member

I think there may be confusion here. The term transCanada means something specific to Canadians, but may be just a generalized vague term to a non-Canuck. Me, metaphorically I am from Missouri, or that certain Thomas from the New Testament. I will believe when I can see with my own eyes and touch with my own Tesla charge port.

15. S'toon

Musk lived for a couple of years in Canada. Spent a summer at his cousin's farm just outside of Speedy Creek.

16. S'toon

Elon spent a couple of years in Canada. He spent a summer at his cousin's farm just outside of Speedy Creek (nickname of Swift Current). His mother's from Regina.

17. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Trans-Canada is a Canadian term. The fact that he knows it, tells me that he must have discussed it internally in a meeting or something. I personally have some hope, but having a hard time believing it.

18. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

You have to admit... it's an odd thing for EM to respond to if there's not something behind it. Out of all of the clamoring tweets out there, why would he choose to respond to that one?

But if there's something behind it, why is there nothing on the map - and zero in terms any hints of a massive SC roll out that would have to be taking place this summer? We haven't heard of a single shovel in the ground yet, anywhere in Canada this year.

• Like x 1
  19. wayner

wayner Active Member

I would be very happy if they just completed what they have already announced.

SK isn't that big an issue for installing the SCs on the T-Can. The route from Sudbury to Winnipeg is the issue and there is a whole of km to cover, especially when you consider the winter temps. That was discussed a month or so in this thread: Supercharging from Sudbury to Winnipeg?

• Disagree x 1
  20. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

I'm not seeing a dot on the map past Quebec, so I'm highly skeptical of this claim. I'd like to hope its happening, but I'm just not seeing it.