Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking all these thoughts about the trip case since it came out. I have been telling friends about this as a “tin foil hat” drinking too much kool aid theory for a while now.... yes, it looks like Elon’s going for the heart.... glad we picked a fighter for this battle. I can’t wait to see the outcome.... curious how that could affect SP..

Reactions: SpaceCash
How Tesla Stock Could Quadruple Within the Next Ten Years

(...) If you look at the forest instead of the trees, you will see Tesla as a company with the potential to hit $13 billion in net profits in ten years. Applying a growth average 20 forward multiple to that, you are a looking at a potential 2026 end market cap for Tesla stock of $260 billion. (...)

Fair analysis. In my personal opinion even conservative.

You can argue on assumptions and 10 years out is a lot of assumptions but $260 bn market cap is an okay calculation in 10 years for the car business of Tesla.... so now lets add the Energy business that all people tend to "forget" these days and then lets consider that Tesla is offering a ride hail service with self driving vehicles in maybe 5+ years.....

And now add that market cap to the $260bn....

well... it looks like I'm going to be getting my l3mr on Saturday :p:p:p

Picked up my L3MUR today! Just to give the group an idea just how fast delivery and production is now moving:
Ordered Wednesday 11/28/18
Tesla called 1 week later, Wednesday 12/05/18 to see if I could take delivery in 1 week
Picked up Wednesday 12/12/18 - That's 2 weeks TOTAL!
Just so no one thinks these cars are just out in a field, gathering dust, (I'm looking at you Mark Spiegel), the manufacturing date in the door is 12/18! 2 weeks from order, to manufacturing, to delivery on the East coast.

20181212_125016 cropped.jpg

How Tesla Stock Could Quadruple Within the Next Ten Years

(...) If you look at the forest instead of the trees, you will see Tesla as a company with the potential to hit $13 billion in net profits in ten years. Applying a growth average 20 forward multiple to that, you are a looking at a potential 2026 end market cap for Tesla stock of $260 billion. (...)

Fair analysis. In my personal opinion even conservative.

You can argue on assumptions and 10 years out is a lot of assumptions but $260 bn market cap is an okay calculation in 10 years for the car business of Tesla.... so now lets add the Energy business that all people tend to "forget" these days and then lets consider that Tesla is offering a ride hail service with self driving vehicles in maybe 5+ years.....

And now add that market cap to the $260bn....

Picked up my L3MUR today! Just to give the group an idea just how fast delivery and production is now moving:
Tesla called 1 week later, Wednesday 12/05/18 to see if I could take delivery in 1 week
Just so no one thinks these cars are just out in a field, gathering dust, (I'm looking at you Mark Spiegel), the manufacturing date in the door is 12/18! 2 weeks from order, to manufacturing, to delivery on the East coast.

I love how packed your garage roof is with solar panels! That little open square in the corner kind of triggers me though.

That's less than 2 weeks. Impressive. But it does make me wonder about the limiter having transitioned to demand, at-least in the short term before international deliveries have started.

Reactions: Smokey4141 and erha
Come on TSLA/EM, publish those European reservation numbers ...
FYI ~ In Barcelona three weeks ago +/-; they were lined up outside the store to see the Model 3 that was there for ten days or so. . . People want the car! Oh, and the government has streetside charging in Barcelona.

I don't care about Tripp. He is just a pawn and bit mentally unstable it looks like. I want the actors who pulled the string. Lopez should be behind bars.
Of course, Tripp is only dangling at the end of the string, but if Tesla's new hot-shot lawyer can carefully wind up that string in Discovery and litigation, then the world could find out who is holding the other end.

A counterpoint: I ordered 11/11, but I do have a delivery date now (Saturday). I think the delay in my case was going for the blue paint. So four weeks from order to delivery, midwest. Outside of west coast, I think color may be the bigger determinate of time to delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.