Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The only relevant 'conversion rate' would be: how many reservation holders have cancelled their reservation and asked for their deposit back? But we know from the CNBC Model 3 factory tour that this happens very little, and there are more new reservations than cancelled ones every quarter.

thats exactly what he should have answered instead of ignoring the question
Just say: "The number of cancellations is negligible and far outpaced by new reservations. Next question, please!"

Reactions: YasB and Big Earl
Just wanted to ask: What do you guys make of it?
  1. Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk 16m16 minutes ago
    Oh and uh short burn of the century comin soon. Flamethrowers should arrive just in time.

2. Fred Lambert‏Verified account @FredericLambert 15m15 minutes ago
    Is a "short burn of the century" as bad as a "tsunami of hurt"?

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk
Replying to @FredericLambert
It will be next level. These are really big numbers.

This feels like sizzle to me. Unless 5k M3 happens very soon.

Edit: But it does increase my confidence that good things are around the corner. Just find it hard to believe it will beat tsunami of hurt. I would love to be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenable
"...Oh and uh short burn of the century comin soon. Flamethrowers should arrive just in time.
..."

Elon Musk on Twitter

I would be running to the hills if I was a short. :D
But even the less insane shorts keep insisting Tesla is a scam, they can't build what is described and if they can there is no market for it, and Elon is a liar, so they won't believe this. And when it happens they will just blame everyone but themselves and insist it is just more "Enron" level scammery and they will be back to throwing money at shorting TSLA. Some people are just beyond help.

Reactions: neroden
Agree with that. The bit about Model Y being revolutionary made me cringe. This sounds very, very much like the stuff he said before Model 3 launch and we know how that went. I was hoping they would only change Model 3 lightly to make a Model Y so they DON'T have to go through all this again, but alas.

Did they made mistakes? Probably. Overall Model 3 program has been very successful. They did an amazing job in a very aggressive schedule. People will see the financial effects in the coming quarters and huge effects in the next few years. If you are too worried about what Tesla/Elon will do next, probably should reduce your holdings to a point that you don't have to worry. (Not an advice, but I do see people who don't fully understand what they are investing in, got overly aggressive, then sell at the worst time).

When we look back in 10 years, Model 3 will be regarded as the vehicle that profoundly changed human transportation. This is the future, This car is by far the most compelling vehicle, EV or ICE. There is no comparison.

Model Y will be a bigger success than Model 3. These two vehicles will cover a large portion of the future vehicle demand.

But even the less insane shorts keep insisting Tesla is a scam, they can't build what is described and if they can there is no market for it, and Elon is a liar, so they won't believe this. And when it happens they will just blame everyone but themselves and insist it is just more "Enron" level scammery and they will be back to throwing money at shorting TSLA. Some people are just beyond help.

When I read what TSLA short are tweeting, I imagine them being like this in real life :

Another update from Gene Munster:

www.loupventures.com/category/tesla/

The bigger story. As Model 3s hit the road, everyday drivers will become Tesla evangelists. Bo is an engineer by trade, more the technical type than a salesman, but the way he talks about the car and his experience with Tesla is a compelling pitch. This is common among Tesla owners, and we anticipate that Model 3 sales ramp, word of mouth will be a powerful demand driver. Bo mentioned several of his friends that own Mercedes or BMWs that have recently put in Model 3 reservations since seeing the car.

Bo’s visit couldn’t have come at a better time. Just as we were disappointed with Tesla’s latest turn of events, driving a Model 3 refocused us on what matters most, a product that delights consumers backed by an inspiring mission.”

I feel they should have ended that note with: Be like Bo.

Thanks for the Twitter update. Fun stuff. My favorite Elon tweet is not actually directed at production or share price. It was this:

"The reason the Bernstein question about CapEx was boneheaded was that it had already been answered in the headline of the Q1 newsletter he received beforehand, along with details in the body of the letter"

"boneheaded"........that's beautiful! It's an in-your-face reminder to do your homework first because Tesla is not hiding anything. Anyone arguing that they are hiding stuff at this point still hasn't even reviewed the 3-step not-so-secret master plan. How many shorts that have already bet against Tesla with their own real money make themselves known on this board with a statement like "I'm new here, and TSLA is lying about making lots of affordable cars"? My response to that next time will simply be "that's boneheaded". No more feeding the boneheaded trolls.

And today we are reminded from Elon that "It will be next level. These are really big numbers". Which was the publicly stated goal all along. It is the very base that has supported the Tesla Business Plan from inception.

waitbutwhy.jpg

Now i'm curious. If demand is completely insensitive to price, what sense does it make to shift deliveries to other markets, to preserve the tax credit for another quarter? I was under the impression, that is what they are doing.
Your question doesn't relate to what you quoted from @neroden, but anyway, there's a motive to do that (shifting deliveries to preserve the tax credit) which doesn't often occur to people... altruism. Tesla will sell all they can produce, whether the credit is in place or not, and they don't get the money, so there's nothing in it for Tesla. But there are people who will be driving a safer and better car, because the tax credit helps them buy it.

Odd quote...SpaceX is planning to do a test fire of their new block 5 booster. Assume it is related to Tesla, but confusing nonetheless.

Block 5 Falcon 9 rolled to launch pad for static fire test

My quote was to just remind peeps, that there should be no concerns with EM himself going bankrupt or not being able to get new line of credit or pay his old debts.

Other than low level SpaceX/Tesla cross-pollination of ideas, I don't see any other tie ups in near future. 3 yrs as EM said for the Satellites.

Edit. so EM going broke, is one less Bear Argument

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.