Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every trend gets tested, so for a new uptrend, it makes sense that there is a pullback to 5/10 MA, before braking down or continuation. At that point I trust news will bias us one way or another. If M3 production is doing well in Feb., we're due for trend continuation upward, if not...

Agree, it’s just the number 341 is wierd. Doesn’t correspond to th 5/10MA [unless it’s sub day period or something], nor does it correspond to the 20MA (mid BB).

At least none of the data for now... maybe Opt Snip is from the future...:eek:

We possibly get a glimpse of his short term price projection based on that number.

For the PPS in February to meet the 5 MA at $341.00, TSLA would need to close January at $412.27:
(331.53 + 308.85 + 311.35 + 1/31 close + 341)/5

For the PPS in February to meet the 10 MA at $341.00, TSLA would need to close January at $394.18:
(341.01 + 361.61 + 323.47 + 355.90 + 341.10 + 331.53 + 308.85 + 311.35 + 1/31 close + 341)/10

Every $5/10 deviation from this will be a dollar he's off.

For tomorrow, 1/19

BB(20,2)
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 8.46.31 PM.png

BB(30,3)
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 8.46.51 PM.png

Reactions: GoTslaGo
Sorry I can’t seem to get the charts to work on my IPad today. But an interesting observation on SP.

Last three days has been mod red down days with SP drops around 9 dollars each day. Opening SP around 2 dollars or so higher than the previous day, then followed by an eventual drop of 9-10 dollars. Yesterday was the longest drop of 10 dollars. One could argue that this formed a “Three Crow” pattern... not perfect, but close.

If it wasn’t for the pm sell off, the SP drop would have been a more modest 3-5 dollar drop. Which would show buying interest coming back and selling pressure backing off. Now it seems to me that this slow down of the red candles will likely begin to happen tomorrow or monday (my WAG).

That being said I am positioned with a buy limit around 332* or so... which would fit with a possible opening of 340-341 and 8-9 dollar drop to close at 332.

BTW took advantage of the drop to add more shares today. Will continue to add if the price is right...

*announcing as a courtesy for my fellow TMCers who asked to know where my buy limit is, so they can set theirs a bit higher... ;)

Are those 2 recent highs spaced far enough apart for a legitimate double top? I think they are 7 trading days apart, which seems really close together to constitute a double top. Any thoughts? I guess even if they are a double top, we are probably in for a pretty modest decline that will be short lived. It should be tossed aside by Model 3 production at 2,000+ per week, which we are likely to see by the end of March.

Something really interesting is happenig with the BB(20,2). The 20 day standard deviation is now in single digits AND if the BB(20.20) cross over price is hit tomorrow, the standard deviation drops further. BB(20,2)
Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 9.21.27 PM.png

I think the BB(30,3) cross over price comes more into play if SP pops.
Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 9.21.49 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Are those 2 recent highs spaced far enough apart for a legitimate double top? I think they are 7 trading days apart, which seems really close together to constitute a double top. Any thoughts? I guess even if they are a double top, we are probably in for a pretty modest decline that will be short lived. It should be tossed aside by Model 3 production at 2,000+ per week, which we are likely to see by the end of March.
About minus $20 since those 2 recent highs.