Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Causalien, originally I accumulated 50% position towards Q4 and expect a delivery # beat. But later on I read an article on seekingalpha (Yes, I recommend any serious TSLA investors should selectively read articles on SA, a lot of gems there regardless LONG or SHORT biased), plus my own analysis on model X delivery thread. I concluded there will only slightly over 17K model S and less than 200 model X delivered in Q4. My estimation is very close to the real number but slightly pessimistic. But the stupid analyst Trip and much cheerleading noise in TMC alerted me Jan. 4th is more likely a typical sell-on-news event than a rally. Market will be disappointed with lower than hyped delivery # 18300 and much lower model X delivery #. So I sold 25% on hype. Even I was a little bit nervous about what if missing the rally, but I think I already said in 2016 short term thread "even I miss the rally, the SP will return to 220-240 again".

Didn't you say you spent 50% of your cash buying TSLA before Q4 delivery report Maoing?

Causalien, originally I accumulated 50% position towards Q4 and expect a delivery # beat. But later on I read an article on seekingalpha (Yes, I recommend any serious TSLA investors should selectively read articles on SA, a lot of gems there regardless LONG or SHORT biased), plus my own analysis on model X delivery thread. I concluded there will only slightly over 17K model S and less than 200 model X delivered in Q4. My estimation is very close to the real number but slightly pessimistic. But the stupid analyst Trip and much cheerleading noise in TMC alerted me Jan. 4th is more likely a typical sell-on-news event than a rally. Market will be disappointed with lower than hyped delivery # 18300 and much lower model X delivery #. So I sold 25% on hype. Even I was a little bit nervous about what if missing the rally, but I think I already said in 2016 short term thread "even I miss the rally, the SP will return to 220-240 again".

I see, I do not recall seeing you post that you sold 25%.

Latest TA updates. Some observations:
1) close green with long needle and with volume, it's a sign of bottom;
2) RSI just hit 30 yesterday, it's sign of oversold, i.e. short term bottom at minimum;
3) today's LOW is double bottom pattern with 08/24 LOW, so SP can only go up from here to 270/290 level in next several months before breaking 300;

tsla.png

Latest TA updates. Some observations:
1) close green with long needle and with volume, it's a sign of bottom;
2) RSI just hit 30 yesterday, it's sign of oversold, i.e. short term bottom at minimum;
3) today's LOW is double bottom pattern with 08/24 LOW, so SP can only go up from here to 270/290 level in next several months before breaking 300;

View attachment 107990

Thanks for the very clear update Maoing. Good luck.

Read the above post. An analyst using TA says we could go up and In the same sentence says we "might" go lower. Give me a break, just flip a damn coin, then chart it on a graph, call it a "coin toss analysis" it'll likely yield the same result. 50/50

If I read correctly High End post, if it's its analysis you're pointing at, he says we're in a downtrend, but can imagine there will be a short relief rally that will be stopped at 200, before plunging back, and sees a bottom in the 130's...

If I read correctly High End post, if it's its analysis you're pointing at, he says we're in a downtrend, but can imagine there will be a short relief rally that will be stopped at 200, before plunging back, and sees a bottom in the 130's...

In the face of earnings coming up, common sense is needed. Either a slow progressive upswing or slow declining movement followed by sharp up or down swings After ER. ER is coming, this is "common sense analysis." Now couple that with how jobs and the macros affect this stock and it's a coin flip day by day in the absence of news or available of future news.

Assume tomorrow TSLA gaps up at $157 and close in the 160's, where do you guys see this uptrend ends? Consider we had a steep slide down from the 240's, I say we have very little resistance back up. The first resistance I see is $200, then the $230 down gap may be where the uptrend ends. Thoughts?

Assume tomorrow TSLA gaps up at $157 and close in the 160's, where do you guys see this uptrend ends? Consider we had a steep slide down from the 240's, I say we have very little resistance back up. The first resistance I see is $200, then the $230 down gap may be where the uptrend ends. Thoughts?
I think 180 is strong resistance just like it was support for some time. I say the best you can expect in the near term is mid 170s.

What do you chartists think of this price action vs. macro?
It held 140 yesterday and 150 today. That's a sign of rebuilding a very damaged chart. 180 is all but impossible unless we get some really good news. I think 120 is also improbable unless macro takes another hit (China devaluation).

Looks like a new range of 140 to 180 until next earnings, positive FCF, or MX delivering in volume.