Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, the candles are a bullish Piercing Pattern:

Bulkowski's Piercing Pattern

Yes I know the last Bearish Doji went the opposite way, but that's the thing about probability, there's always a chance that the opposite outcome happens. Hence the wise words of waiting for confirmation.
That bearish doji didn't confirm fully, as next day candle didn't closed below midpoint of preceding green candle

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Honestly, no clue. We had a very strong rise starting at about 2 pm until close on Friday. The remarkable thing about it is that it happened despite max pain at 325. That was very bullish. Wonder what Friday would have been like without max pain. I would expect an early morning dip, per usual, as the bears try to control the trend. I don't know how much effect Musk's comments about the stock price will have. We are now in the week before the Model 3 reveal, so there's that as well. Plus the golden cross between 5 & 10 MA.

My wild guess is bullish: $335 close (not an advice)

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Wait, wasn't that the CEO of BMW when he was trying to escape a reporter who caught him sitting in the backseat of an X?
http://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-x-attacks-bmw-ceo-1763674800
ensyjszyjiaaacxbskop.gif

Full disclosure, I'm short TSLA and I'm only so-so on TA - I agree that human psychology never changes and that short-term human reactions to share price moves will be, generally, the same over the generations so TA does have something to tell you. But I also believe that fundamental analysis will crush TA every time and I can think of several billionaires who made their money through fundamental analysis (Buffett, Soros, Lynch - he may not be a billionaire) but none who did so through TA. Also, full disclosure, I have not read more than 2% of the posts on this thread. So I am being unfair, I know, and also something of a jerk, but I can't think of a nice way to put this to you or I would try to put it more gently.

I always thought that people who traded based on TA had no interest in what a company actually did, what industry it was in or who it was run by. They didn't care whether the stock was going up or down, only what the charts told them it was going to do. But reading, the few, posts I did on this thread it looks like everyone here is long the stock and is looking for confirmation in the tea leaves that the share price is going to go higher. Is that unfair? Is there anyone posting here who does not know who Elon Musk is or what Tesla makes? Please save me from reading all 800 posts, has there ever been one where someone said get the hell out of Dodge (and yes, up until last month that would have been a bad bad call)? I did read, on another site, that going from 386 to 308 over the course of a fortnight was extremely bearish (there are now a large number of weak holders who only want their money back and they'll be cool). Is that wrong?

thanks, feel free to be mean back to me.

Reactions: neroden
Full disclosure, I'm short TSLA and I'm only so-so on TA - I agree that human psychology never changes and that short-term human reactions to share price moves will be, generally, the same over the generations so TA does have something to tell you. But I also believe that fundamental analysis will crush TA every time and I can think of several billionaires who made their money through fundamental analysis (Buffett, Soros, Lynch - he may not be a billionaire) but none who did so through TA. Also, full disclosure, I have not read more than 2% of the posts on this thread. So I am being unfair, I know, and also something of a jerk, but I can't think of a nice way to put this to you or I would try to put it more gently.

I always thought that people who traded based on TA had no interest in what a company actually did, what industry it was in or who it was run by. They didn't care whether the stock was going up or down, only what the charts told them it was going to do. But reading, the few, posts I did on this thread it looks like everyone here is long the stock and is looking for confirmation in the tea leaves that the share price is going to go higher. Is that unfair? Is there anyone posting here who does not know who Elon Musk is or what Tesla makes? Please save me from reading all 800 posts, has there ever been one where someone said get the hell out of Dodge (and yes, up until last month that would have been a bad bad call)? I did read, on another site, that going from 386 to 308 over the course of a fortnight was extremely bearish (there are now a large number of weak holders who only want their money back and they'll be cool). Is that wrong?

thanks, feel free to be mean back to me.
Perhaps, more importantly, you could transfer this rather long post to the general discussion thread, and preface it by saying " after having glanced through the TA thread, I was wondering whether etc etc"
There is a reason why we try to keep certain threads on point. Oh, unless you have a specific TA observation you wish to discuss?

Check out option sniper on twitter. He has a good handle on it.
I suggest Mark B Spiegel as he is a paragon of technical analysis and a very successful hedge fund manager I think. I may have heard, not sure somewhere, that selling 1/18/2018 $50 puts was recommended someplace, but Howard oark should follow Mark B Spiegel. I think he posts on Twitter or seeking alpha. Excellent TnA guy