Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two problems that I wonder if its a California thing? 40kph default limit and driving in left lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So where I live, the default speed limit (the limit unless otherwise posted) is 50kph. Am I right to assume it must be 25mph in California? Because my car always slows to 40kph on the many, many, MANY roads where the system doesn't seem to know what the speed limit really is. Google tells me that 40kph = 25mph. Can Tesla's engineers really not account for regional differences (assuming that's what it is)?

The other weird thing (compared to what I'm used to), is that I'm cruising along on the highway and AP displays something like "changing lanes to get out of rightmost lane". Huh? Here, anyway, that's exactly where you're supposed to drive. In fact, the law is that you MUST drive in the right lane unless passing. I honestly thought that was the case throughout North America, so is it opposite in California? It is not doing this to get around a slow vehicle or anything like that, and it seems to happen at certain sections of certain highways more than others. I've inadvertently cut off more than a couple faster vehicles thanks to this.

ps. I just updated to 2022.45.13 (FSD 11.3.4) and went out to test to see if it still did these things... it did.