Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

U.K. Supercharger Fees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am guessing you are from the south of England and seldom travel north of Birmingham?

Draw a line from Preston to Leeds and tell me which of the four, yes 4, Ionity chargers situated north of that line could best be used by the rest of the UK to the north of that line! I would drive south past two SC’s to get to the first Ionity.
There are 6 chargers in blackburn and 6 in Leeds.

I am guessing you are from the south of England and seldom travel north of Birmingham?

Draw a line from Preston to Leeds and tell me which of the four, yes 4, Ionity chargers situated north of that line could best be used by the rest of the UK to the north of that line! I would drive south past two SC’s to get to the first Ionity.
You may have forgotten Scotland, bad move

1654070054099.png

• Funny
Reactions: prabhu
Ionity have a really good planning approved site in Greenock, ideal for me when heading to Kintyre via ferries to Dunoon. Just off the A8, being built in conjunction with Starbucks, across the road from McDonalds and between Holiday Inn and Premiere Inn.

If Bonnet can still get 35p it'll be awesome for me, but I imagine it'll take a year to be built.

SuC is on 50p atm. At what price would you call it quits and look for cheaper alternatives?
I don't know. In my current situation of using them a handful of times a year the cost unimportant especially as I am invariably on some sort of road trip with the family and have better things to do at the time than track down chargers.
If I was using them daily or weekly for my commute I would have looked at the alternatives long ago.
As other multi charger hubs that are equally as convenient and fast become available I will happily use them. Its a shame Zapmap does not have a feature to filter by installation size the way ABRP does so I can easily find where the larger hubs are. If anyone knows of a convenient way to do that please let me know.

I am actually very happy that there are more SC and SC equivalent becoming more widely available, even if the nearest Ionity is a long way from me (because that is when you need the chargers!). The more the merrier. More destination chargers and an increase in the whole charging infrastructure benefits us all.

GRiLLA might not have spotted that I post from the highlands of Scotland, but have a few hours driving south to get to Greenock! ;)

I don't know. In my current situation of using them a handful of times a year the cost unimportant especially as I am invariably on some sort of road trip with the family and have better things to do at the time than track down chargers.
If I was using them daily or weekly for my commute I would have looked at the alternatives long ago.
As other multi charger hubs that are equally as convenient and fast become available I will happily use them. Its a shame Zapmap does not have a feature to filter by installation size the way ABRP does so I can easily find where the larger hubs are. If anyone knows of a convenient way to do that please let me know.
The good news is that ionity chargers are already included in the tesla navigation requiring no additional work. Tesla would even precondition for ionity chargers. How cool is that?

Reactions: Adopado
SuC is on 50p atm. At what price would you call it quits and look for cheaper alternatives?
I used SUC maybe 4 times in 4 months. average top up is ~30 kwh. Which ends up being 15 gbp.
Ionity, if can find at 35p, would be 10.5 gbp. 4.5 pound difference.

Usually, SUCs are better placed (along motorways) and more of them. much more convenient. I do not know, if Ionity is also available on the same site and I need more - maybe I would look at it. but it's just more convenient to use SUC (no apps needed)... so yeah, that 4 pound per charge difference does not play much of the role, really.

you just use what is available and when needed only anyway.

You need to get your parking ticket validated at the Hotel reception. It gives you 30-mins free parking.
best to wait until you are nearly done then , if there is a queue at reception, just go to the side of the reception desk and wave your ticket. No need to wait in the queue of people checking in. Not being an entitled Tesla owner that is what they tell you to do :)

Reactions: Cantonalegod
best to wait until you are nearly done then , if there is a queue at reception, just go to the side of the reception desk and wave your ticket. No need to wait in the queue of people checking in. Not being an entitled Tesla owner that is what they tell you to do :)
why to wait?! it's rare occasion you really need to charge more than 30 mins.
just plug in, walk to reception (5 mins), validate, go to the loo, walk back to the car. car is already topped up and good to go.

Reactions: Rooster6655