Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its actually gapless recording. So thats in the hands of the sensors team, but it interferes with AP, so its also AP team but may also be a hardware conflict...

I suspect the teams are more vertically integrated, in which case a team will have the skills to undertake the whole task, so the product owner will prioritise the work and teams will assemble themselves around the upcoming tasks.
Why would gapless music playback rely on the cars sensors?

I understood that to be what Durzel was requesting.

Reactions: Durzel
Its gapless TeslaCam recording. If you look between Teslacam files, you will find several seconds gap, irrespective on how fast your recording device is. Unfortunately, the caps coincidentally or otherwise normally coincide with the incident being recorded. So point of impact/interest is often not caught.

Insurance company: Can you send us your dashcam of the incident?
Tesla Owner: Erm, no but I can send you the bits around the point of impact.
Insurance company: So you don't actually have the accident on dashcam?
Tesla Owner: No.
Insurance company: Well Sir, we will progress your claim on a knock for knock basis...

Dashcam - save recording misses the event?

Reactions: Durzel
Its gapless TeslaCam recording. If you look between Teslacam files, you will find several seconds gap, irrespective on how fast your recording device is. Unfortunately, the caps coincidentally or otherwise normally coincide with the incident being recorded. So point of impact/interest is often not caught.

Insurance company: Can you send us your dashcam of the incident?
Tesla Owner: Erm, no but I can send you the bits around the point of impact.
Insurance company: So you don't actually have the accident on dashcam?
Tesla Owner: No.
Insurance company: Well Sir, we will progress your claim on a knock for knock basis...

Dashcam - save recording misses the event?
Thanks, didn't know there was an issue with gaps in dashcam recordings so an interesting read.

@Durzel is referring to music playback via USB though as per an earlier post in this thread so probably no requirement to use the cars sensors.

[UK] 2020.20.x

Reactions: Durzel and MrBadger
Yeah, sorry, I mean USB playback of music, e.g. compilations. There is no gapless playback even though this is a thing that has existed everywhere in pretty much every media player for ages.

It’s just not as sexy as adding another game to Theatre.

Yep. Mine crept in (along with a few media updates) unannounced as a separate download and install. I only noticed the last map update as I happen to be sitting in the car on the software screen after watching the firmware update install. No app or time to install announcement. Had I not been in the car watching at the time, I wouldn't have noticed.

I'm expecting a nav update to be tied with FSD traffic light stopping functionality. The map update was a pre requisite to enabling that functionality. So Q3/Q4? Last one was Nov iirc.

That's a shame but I have to say that other than the incorrect speed limits the mapping data it's fairly accurate and of the cameras are going to read the shoes signs it should be even less of an issue hopefully.
The speed data is my main gripe. Even my 2013 BMW would read the speed signs and over-ride the default maps data which is often wrong. By my 2016 M4, it was even reading the motorway gantry signs on the ‘smart’ motorways.

Surely for a Tesla and all its cameras this would be quite easy.