Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There appears to be various quality of life improvements that get added without being mentioned in the release notes, but I haven't yet found a resource that lists them all in one place.

2020.16.3, for example, altered the behaviour of Cabin Overheat to allow it to be used while Sentry Mode was enabled, as well as (apparently) making Security Alarm and Tilt/Intrusion permanently enabled - in the UK at least.

2020.16.3, for example, altered the behaviour of Cabin Overheat to allow it to be used while Sentry Mode was enabled, as well as (apparently) making Security Alarm and Tilt/Intrusion permanently enabled - in the UK at least.
2020.20.12 (which I installed this morning) still seems to have the Security Alarm and Tilt/Intrusion permanently enabled.

I think that's intentional, rather than a bug. It's possible Tesla and insurance underwriters have been talking about this sort of thing behind the scenes, I don't imagine it is common at all that you can disable the alarm on a locked UK-spec car permanently (or at all).

There appears to be various quality of life improvements that get added without being mentioned in the release notes, but I haven't yet found a resource that lists them all in one place.

It's a shame they don't list what specific parts of Autopilot are improved in updates.
For example, the update prior to this one made the car slow down for corners, that seemed release note worthy to be to be honest. Maybe they could have a button to show advanced release notes so nerds like me can read the specifics. :D

The only thing new in the release notes in 20.12 over 16.3 that I see is a reference to a GPS Update (improvement in GPS stability and tracking according to the note).

Must admit I find the GPS excellent. When I park up I can even see which parking space I am occupying on the app map. Also when my other half drives I can see when she overtakes - car madly accelerates and its position changes to the other side of the road :) (and no I don't stalk her before anyone asks).