Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.28.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
28.x Updates seem to have gone quiet. Apparently 16 amp charging is fixed in either .1 or .2
Might one suppose that it’s not being generally pushed out until the charging issue is being seen to be resolved?
From experience this week (on a road trip so charging more at a variety of chargers) the 16A charging on AC is solved. I think they’ve broken scheduled departure charging though

Sorry if already mentioned, but at some point during the recent updates they changed the alarm settings to again allow the tilt/intrusion detection to be switched off. I'm on 2020.28.2 but haven't checked this for a few updates.
Are you sure about that? I'm on 2020.28.2 and as far as I can see Security Alarm and Tilt/Intrusion are still always enabled, and locked out.

IMG_4008.jpeg

2020.28.2, or a recent update, has updated the text on the Cabin Overheat Protection popup to remove any mention of needing Tilt/Intrusion to be switched off, though (since you can't anyway).

IMG_4007.jpeg

(and yes, I should enable P2D)

Are you sure about that? I'm on 2020.28.2 and as far as I can see Security Alarm and Tilt/Intrusion are still always enabled, and locked out.

View attachment 566658IMG_2120.JPGIMG_2120.JPGIMG_2121.JPG

2020.28.2, or a recent update, has updated the text on the Cabin Overheat Protection popup to remove any mention of needing Tilt/Intrusion to be switched off, though (since you can't anyway).

View attachment 566659

(and yes, I should enable P2D)
How odd. No idea why ours would be different:

Reactions: Durzel
Same release notes as 2020.28.2 on my UK M3P, likely just bug fixes. :(

It sucks that we haven't really got any Autopilot functionality added properly since navigate on Autopilot.

Smart summon is so restricted that it's useless, and we haven't got any of the stop sign/traffic signal control besides the visuals for it the US had easily 6 months ago. One day I guess!

Just installed 28.5

On a reasonable run yesterday on 28.2 I noticed for the first time that AP speed reduction before and around bends seemed.... to happen. I have noticed once or twice on dual carriageways on large sweeping bends where there is a speed limit posted, but this time it was along single carriageway on A6 in 50 mph limit but car slowed ahead of bends.

It still felt like a new driver clinging frantically to the centre of the lane and probably 5mph slower than 'reasonably cautious', but still better than a complete disregard for the road ahead.

However, complete disregard for a UPS van unloading facing the wrong way on a dual carriageway section. The van was blocking most of the inside lane I was in, and AP really took no notice of the van as I approached it at 60 mph. Only as I pulled the wheel to avoid and AP dropped back to TACC did I get warnings and messages about corrective steering etc.

Just installed 28.5

On a reasonable run yesterday on 28.2 I noticed for the first time that AP speed reduction before and around bends seemed.... to happen. I have noticed once or twice on dual carriageways on large sweeping bends where there is a speed limit posted, but this time it was along single carriageway on A6 in 50 mph limit but car slowed ahead of bends.

It still felt like a new driver clinging frantically to the centre of the lane and probably 5mph slower than 'reasonably cautious', but still better than a complete disregard for the road ahead.

However, complete disregard for a UPS van unloading facing the wrong way on a dual carriageway section. The van was blocking most of the inside lane I was in, and AP really took no notice of the van as I approached it at 60 mph. Only as I pulled the wheel to avoid and AP dropped back to TACC did I get warnings and messages about corrective steering etc.
You definitely need to be paying attention for exactly those situations - driver assistance systems are not designed for scenarios with stationary objects. In fact they are especially bad at dealing with them and can often speed up into a stationary objects.

Good article here: Why emergency braking systems sometimes hit parked cars and lane dividers

Reactions: CurtisVL