Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do people really think there is really any difference in AutoPilot? I'm fairly confident mine drives today exactly the same as it did in late 2019 when Tesla shifted their efforts to the rewrite. Drive the same road with the sun in a different position, different weather, cleaner cameras, different traffic and you can see different results.

Back when it was the current version the changes we saw with update were far more noticeable, for example moving over in lanes when passing lorries, changes to how it kept within EU regs for lane changing etc.

I don't think it'll change at all here in the UK until regs exist for it to do something else. That's meant to be before the end of the year that L3 automation is allowed at slow speeds on motorways, and clearly Tesla are pretty much required to take part.
I'm still on 12.25.7 and I did 2k miles ( 3 days and 9 countries) with FSD on for 90% of the whole trip. No issues
Screenshot_20210821-224402_Tesla Radar.jpg

I'm still on 12.25.7 and I did 2k miles ( 3 days and 9 countries) with FSD on for 90% of the whole trip. No issuesView attachment 699614
I also don't have any issues and use FSD nearly every time i go out (5 mins from M40). It drives today on 24.3 just like it did last year.

I don't believe the image based model used in the UK is being trained, back when it was it was far more obvious, just like the FSD beta users are seeing with each version at the moment.

Hopeless update - gone backwards with phantom braking. Months ago it used to panic brake at a local pedestrian crossing where the tarmac changed from black to light concrete - then a few updates back that was fixed. Now the panic brake is back again.….🤬

Obviously that is not a radar-related issue, so god knows when this phantom braking will be properly fixed. The FSD beta never seems to phantom break - so they must have resolved this in the US build....

Hopeless update - gone backwards with phantom braking. Months ago it used to panic brake at a local pedestrian crossing where the tarmac changed from black to light concrete - then a few updates back that was fixed. Now the panic brake is back again.….🤬

Obviously that is not a radar-related issue, so god knows when this phantom braking will be properly fixed. The FSD beta never seems to phantom break - so they must have resolved this in the US build....
Update from what version

Installed 24.4 last night, checked the release notes this morning and was surprised to see the entry for “Mirror Auto Dim”, as I have one of the transitional cars where the side mirrors don’t have dimming.

Usually features that don’t apply to my car (e.g. range recalculations, etc) simply don’t appear in the notes at all.

The “Mirror Auto Dim” option does appear under the mirror controls as well, though I can’t remember if it was there before or not (and only applied to the rear view one)?

Last edited: