Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12.25.7 worked fine for me (only recently setup schedules but both times on 12.25.7 had worked). I had set it on the charger as that seemed simpler for making sure it ended in the time period rather than guessing at % to stop at. The car has no schedule set, previously charger unlocked and charging commenced. Last night it was stuck at "check power source" or something along those lines. I'll get the wife to try it again tonight and I can investigate a bit further on Thursday when I'm home
So is the idea with that config that as soon as the charger unlocks the car starts charging immediately? I wonder if for the however many hours it is connected prior to the unlock time, when the charger is locked out and the car thinks it's broken, it eventually gives up? Just guessing...

So is the idea with that config that as soon as the charger unlocks the car starts charging immediately? I wonder if for the however many hours it is connected prior to the unlock time, when the charger is locked out and the car thinks it's broken, it eventually gives up? Just guessing...
It shouldn’t give up. Effectively the car should do nothing until the charger signals that power is available. under the charging spec it should wake if it’s asleep. Waking has been the issue in the past. It sounds the same now as when a car door is opened, charging commences.

Reactions: amnlinc and Durzel
Having charging under the control of the chargepoint is essential if, like me, you have solar panels and a Zappi. The car needs to wake up and charge when the Zappi tells it there is surplus solar power available. As well as when off-peak charging is available from Octopus. This didn’t work when the M3 was launched but was fixed in a s/w update sometime in 2020. Shame if is broken again.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Correct, it saves me guessing an end time via setting a percentage (plus during the week my wife charges the car and she wouldn't want the hassle of that approach). Last night the car was plugged in for a shorter period than my previous successful attempt. Hoping it might be a one off but will report back tomorrow

Chime stops after 10 bongs but restarts if you drop below and the exceed the limit again.
It had defaulted speed warning to 'chime' - Thank you for prompting me to look.

I drove my usual 140 mile commute and i've got to say, this version was much more predictable and relaxing than anything to date. No phantom braking passing HGVs or instances of deciding to set a speed limit from a parallel or crossing route.

The FSD visualisation is showing more vehicles further ahead and behind and with better positioning - previously HGVs would jump from the nearside to the middle lane as they passed out of the field of view of the front cameras to the pillar cameras, which i think tended to coincide with phantom braking events. Is this some new neural network changes from FSD beta 9?.

Much, much improved. Very happy with this update so far.

The FSD visualisation is showing more vehicles further ahead and behind and with better positioning - previously HGVs would jump from the nearside to the middle lane as they passed out of the field of view of the front cameras to the pillar cameras, which i think tended to coincide with phantom braking events. Is this some new neural network changes from FSD beta 9?.

From what I have read it is due to removing the conflict between data from radar and data from cameras ... I think it's only camera data that is used now.

From what I have read it is due to removing the conflict between data from radar and data from cameras ... I think it's only camera data that is used now.

I wasn't aware that any general release radar equipped cars had yet to have a version of software that didn't use radar. I guess its easy to test, just check to see if it allows a TACC follow distance of 1 (iirc current limit is 2, was 3) and legalities permitting, checking if autopilot speed is limited to 80mph.

Reactions: goRt
Got TeslaFi notification that 2021.24.3 started to download for us in early hours but no sign of it now. Car says we are up to date on 2021.12.25.7

Not sure if this is a bug in TeslaFi (all its doing is reporting what the Tesla API is telling it), or it got pulled from our car - not unheard of. If its the latter then expect a tweak to 2021.24 over the next few days.

View attachment 698061
Same thing happened to me! I don’t actually have it. Boo.

Correct, it saves me guessing an end time via setting a percentage (plus during the week my wife charges the car and she wouldn't want the hassle of that approach). Last night the car was plugged in for a shorter period than my previous successful attempt. Hoping it might be a one off but will report back tomorrow
Well I'm pleased to report that the scheduled charge worked as expected last night so I'm hoping the failed charge was a one off

Been on 24.3 since late last week and can report the following:
NoA no longer scared of the trees on the a34 north of the m4
When approaching the M42 north from the M40 I got an amber alert for "toll booth detected", I got this again when leaving the M42 at the NEC
It feels like the following distance is larger per click now

When approaching the M42 north from the M40 I got an amber alert for "toll booth detected", I got this again when leaving the M42 at the NEC
Coming from .4 the wipers are a vast improvement, they aren't too fast and slow down in line with the rain - based on a short sharp 10 minute downpour

Reactions: browellm
For anyone with 2021.24.x and has TeslaFi, has the range display be altered and if so, does it now reflect the Estimated Range rather than the Rated Range that it use to?

1629387913805.png

2021.24.3 installed on my M3P with Fsdadt night. First drive on the A3 to Portsmouth revealed that there is now a chime every time you exceed a detected speed limit. Can anyone see an option to turn it off?.

Auto lane change seems glacially slow now - much more so than previous versions

Driving visualisation seems to have a greater distance and is showing more of the cars. Lorries and artics dont seem to be jumping out of the inside lane of motorways any more (yay!) and i haven't experienced any phantom braking (yet). I suspect some updates to the neural networks are having an impact here.

So far, so good, apart from the very annoying speed limit chimes

+1 for @Tony Hoyle's suggestion for this being a setting. My speed limit warning settings got reset after an update earlier this year, to a very weird -50mph, so every time I went on a road with a limit over 50 I got the warning.

Go to Controls->Autopilot->Speed Limit Warning to check - I had to turn it off twice before the car kept the setting between drives.

But yeah, the software guys are doing an amazing job making FSD safe 🤣

Edit:
I see you found it later in the thread.

Reactions: AlexMasters
Got TeslaFi notification that 2021.24.3 started to download for us in early hours but no sign of it now. Car says we are up to date on 2021.12.25.7

Not sure if this is a bug in TeslaFi (all its doing is reporting what the Tesla API is telling it), or it got pulled from our car - not unheard of. If its the latter then expect a tweak to 2021.24 over the next few days.

View attachment 698061
And 2021.24.4 appears :)

Do people really think there is really any difference in AutoPilot? I'm fairly confident mine drives today exactly the same as it did in late 2019 when Tesla shifted their efforts to the rewrite. Drive the same road with the sun in a different position, different weather, cleaner cameras, different traffic and you can see different results.

Back when it was the current version the changes we saw with update were far more noticeable, for example moving over in lanes when passing lorries, changes to how it kept within EU regs for lane changing etc.

I don't think it'll change at all here in the UK until regs exist for it to do something else. That's meant to be before the end of the year that L3 automation is allowed at slow speeds on motorways, and clearly Tesla are pretty much required to take part.

Do people really think there is really any difference in AutoPilot? I'm fairly confident mine drives today exactly the same as it did in late 2019 when Tesla shifted their efforts to the rewrite. Drive the same road with the sun in a different position, different weather, cleaner cameras, different traffic and you can see different results.

Back when it was the current version the changes we saw with update were far more noticeable, for example moving over in lanes when passing lorries, changes to how it kept within EU regs for lane changing etc.

I don't think it'll change at all here in the UK until regs exist for it to do something else. That's meant to be before the end of the year that L3 automation is allowed at slow speeds on motorways, and clearly Tesla are pretty much required to take part.

Yes

Reactions: MrBadger