Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 24.4 last night, checked the release notes this morning and was surprised to see the entry for “Mirror Auto Dim”, as I have one of the transitional cars where the side mirrors don’t have dimming.

Usually features that don’t apply to my car (e.g. range recalculations, etc) simply don’t appear simply don’t appear in the notes at all.

The “Mirror Auto Dim” option does appear under the mirror controls as well, though I can’t remember if it was there before or not (and only applied to the rear view one)?
I think I’m in the same boat. I don’t think mine has dimming wing mirrors either. I haven’t driven enough at night to tell.

I’m almost certain they aren’t going to suddenly start dimming, as I don’t think the hardware is there (there’s definitely hardware differences), and it would’ve dimmed before in the same “dumb” zero control way it did on other cars.

It is unusual to see an option not coded to the car is configurable on it. The release notes showed a picture of side mirrors, and the Controls > Mirrors window has a toggle for “Mirror Auto Dim”.

I think either it’ll affect only the rear view mirror, or it won’t do anything at all.

Reactions: Dilly
FAO @spooksman (and others)

2021.24.4 (and .3) fixes the cover art tap problem where it wouldn’t toggle between how much of the screen it took up.

It’s not exactly how it was before. Before when the track listing took up the whole screen tapping it would make it go to the smallest size. Now each tap toggles sizes, if that makes sense. Still, much better than swiping.

Praise Elon!

No Disney+ , carwash mode nor mirror dimming on my 2014MS AP1 with MCU2.
Only got remain connected to wifi and 3 new languages.
Any ideas why UK arent getting Disney+ ?
No but is annoying to not get it. Like Netflix and everything else it’ll think we’re in another country so might not be able to see the same list of content but would have expected Disney+ to appear in the UK