Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.4.12 installed last night. Absolutely huge difference in cold regen.

School drop off is ~800m through village and then stop at a t junction. If no preheating, at around 6-10deg the regen is quite low. Maybe about 1/4 of the bar. Obviously at closer to 0deg I'd get almost nothing.

Today was 6degC, no preheat and got almost full regen at the T junction and came to a stop waaaaaaay short of it. Big difference for me. Wonder what they've done to get this to happen.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
2021.4.12 installed last night. Absolutely huge difference in cold regen.

School drop off is ~800m through village and then stop at a t junction. If no preheating, at around 6-10deg the regen is quite low. Maybe about 1/4 of the bar. Obviously at closer to 0deg I'd get almost nothing.

Today was 6degC, no preheat and got almost full regen at the T junction and came to a stop waaaaaaay short of it. Big difference for me. Wonder what they've done to get this to happen.

That is interesting. Completely forgot that I preheat the car every morning. Will check it tomorrow :)

Has anyone noticed any difference at a low state of charge with a refresh model 3? On .12 There were some reports of refresh model 3’s going into turtle mode at low state’s of charge wonder if the cold weather improvements include a fix for that to.