Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I’ve just had 2021.40 pushed to my 2020 M3LR FSD - installing now.

Nice one, do you see sentry mode live camera in the app? Maybe this is new thread time. [moderator comment - done]

It needs version 4.2.2 or later of the app I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, do you see sentry mode live camera in the app? Maybe this is new thread time. [moderator comment - done]

It needs version 4.2.2 or later of the app I believe.
Sadly no sentry mode live camera view that I can see in app! No suggestion in release notes either.

Attachments

• 9806D39D-72B2-400D-B8B1-54D04E7325DF.jpeg
    9806D39D-72B2-400D-B8B1-54D04E7325DF.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 236
At long last the Tidal update. That will hopefully please those that like better audio quality - hopefully Tesla hasn't knobbled it. Even better would be support for Masters/MQA.

What is the TACC chime?

Cold weather improvements may be useful. Front defrost - is that the front camera?

Sounds like the chime introduced for Chinese market to warn people of unexpected acceleration when accidentally enabling TACC. More than just China by the looks of the UK release notes.

Hope that can be disabled as I often engage/disengage TACC on relatively short sections of road in lieu of a speed limiter.

Sadly no sentry mode live camera view that I can see in app! No suggestion in release notes either.
Are you sure that's not just the 2021.40 release notes? I've seen before that if you've skipped some previous versions those features will not show. Close and go back to Release notes to see all the previous version notes as well.

Reactions: Magstauk
Unfortunately it looks like live camera view is a US-only feature for now - the Canadians are getting 2021.40 and they don’t have it:

Tesla 2021.40 Software Update & Release Notes
In the Canadian release notes “New Language Support – You can now select British English as your language. To update your language setting, tap Controls > Display and select the desired option from the Language drop down menu.”

I wonder what that changes.

In the Canadian release notes “New Language Support – You can now select British English as your language. To update your language setting, tap Controls > Display and select the desired option from the Language drop down menu.”

I wonder what that changes.
I am being serious...Maybe its something to do with the "trunk" 🙄

Those full release notes suggest you can...

"To disable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Chime."

And it is everywhere except China.

That makes more sense at it’s been in China since an ‘emergency’ release several versions ago. So looks like everyone else is playing catch-up.

Certainly won’t be a feature I will be enabling even if I sometimes wish that autosteer disengaging was sometimes more visually obvious. Couple of times I missed auto steer accidentally disengaging and first I knew was the car going straight around a curve.