Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did my usual hold down two button & brake pedal reset following the update.
it normally takes around 35 seconds to reboot back to the ‘T’
This time (twice in fact) it took 50 seconds plus and the normal satnav screen came straight on.
anyone found similar?

Updated but waypoints have to be added in reverse mode E.g. HOME > LAST DESTINATION > ETC... > FIRST DESTINATION to get it to work in the correct order of "first destination", etc... and last destination and then back to home! Is that the same for everyone else?

Reactions: Simonix
Updated but waypoints have to be added in reverse mode E.g. HOME > LAST DESTINATION > ETC... > FIRST DESTINATION to get it to work in the correct order of "first destination", etc... and last destination and then back to home! Is that the same for everyone else?

Yep, you have to kind of think backwards. I did a round trip to test it, ended up having to put home as my destination, then adding where I actually wanted to go as a stop. I wish there was a way to re-order them once you've added stops.

Once you reach your stop a new "Continue Trip" button appears. I got out at my destination, then when I got back in the car the next stop was already ready to go. Pretty seamless and works nicely, once you've got the stops in the correct order.

Surely Tesla could have nabbed someone who has done waypoints and route optimisation as a final year Uni course or something and got them to sort it out? I mean this stuff ought to be pretty obvious from a usability point of view.

40.6 arrived overnight, as others have reported it seems to have completed (I now have stops and British English) but the little green arrow is there, and although the 'downloading' green bar is full, it says 0 B/s, even when on WiFi...
I did a hard reset, but the green arrow is still there. I think I'll ping Tesla support a message.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
All downloaded to me without issues. Surprised I got it already considering I only got the car last Friday!?

Obviously the Tesla rep at our work meeting was telling a few porkies about the live sentry coming to Uk cars, but never mind! At least we now have waypoints. It’s like being back in my 2008 3 series….😂

Surely Tesla could have nabbed someone who has done waypoints and route optimisation as a final year Uni course or something and got them to sort it out? I mean this stuff ought to be pretty obvious from a usability point of view.
What would route optimisation have to do with UI design?

Having looked at mobile apps, most have a pretty janky way to add waypoints. Apple Maps is more or less the same as how Tesla have implemented it, you navigate to your destination then find an option to Add Stop. Google Maps has a subtle ... menu that allows you to add stops then you can re-sort them.

Anyway, I think a better user-experience already existed, create calendar appointments for each stop and then select them in the car. This allows you to create your stops remotely, rather than spending time programming in the car. I've used this on multi-day road trips, works very well. Can't really think when I would use this way points facility.

Reactions: KennethS
I was surprised at Tidal streaming.. It says hifi.. maybe actually 320kbps streaming in the car, which would be unexpected - expected Tesla to throttle it. It seemed to sound a lot better - expected only download to sound better than spotify. OTOH I'm suspicious of placebo affects so probably need to reserve judgement. My first impression was pretty good, and the playlists/mixes work (unlike spotify).