Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I've got it 🙂
Arrived around 9:15 ,great communication from Any van , unloaded in no time on on the drive charging as only at 30 %

I have no wireless charging or front ports but had no text to say that was the case but hey ho a minor inconvenience

It has the newer rear lights and 1st impressions are the car looks and feels great
Looking awesome mate - I’m getting my NG71 plate M3LR in DMB from Newcastle on Thursday - collection as they must be out of delivery slots but actually looking forward to the drive home.
You must be fairly local to me getting a Newcastle reg, I’ll keep an eye out for you in future ;)
Happy motoring!

Reactions: Marmaduke 1169
Well the driver turned up early - got the tracking link barely 10 mins before he got here lol

Needs a clean, but at least I could see that it has the new rear lights!
No front USB ports/wireless charging installed.
Front mudflaps weren't fitted either but they were in the boot along with the extenders.

Delivery bloke was quick and efficient, obviously not his first rodeo!
I asked him how many more he was doing and he said he was taking 2 to London next and then 2 more closer to Leicester.

To paraphrase Full Metal Jacket....This is my M3LR. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

IMG_0161.jpgIMG_0163.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0188.jpg

Well the driver turned up early - got the tracking link barely 10 mins before he got here lol

Needs a clean, but at least I could see that it has the new rear lights!
No front USB ports/wireless charging installed.
Front mudflaps weren't fitted either but they were in the boot along with the extenders.

Delivery bloke was quick and efficient, obviously not his first rodeo!
I asked him how many more he was doing and he said he was taking 2 to London next and then 2 more closer to Leicester.

To paraphrase Full Metal Jacket....This is my M3LR. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

View attachment 745565View attachment 745566View attachment 745567View attachment 745568
Looks great. Probably has mine to deliver - I’m still waiting…

I collected mine from Leicester yesterday and took some photos today as was dark when I got home
Collection all went smoothly, spent a good 10 mins looking over the car at the delivery centre and then ran through the check list today and it all looks good. New rear lights, USB stick present in glove box, it is missing the front USB C and wireless charging, which I was expecting from the majority of deliveries in the last couple of weeks on here. Received on 50% charge and 29 miles on the clock.

They hadn't done a bad job of cleaning it either, glass was a bit smeary but overall it was all good!

IMG_0873.jpg

tempImageZaIlsN.jpg

The delivery centre was packed, 100s of Teslas there and more trailers turning up at the same time, don't think I've ever seen so many in 1 place!

Great pick up from Bluewater today. Perfect except for a whopping scratch on the door handle. Service booked and drive hope was a dream ❤️
wow how can they not notice that? I have to wonder how much effort they put into pre delivery inspections! I imagine they're under a lot of pressure to get cars handed over to hit their numbers. Gutted for you but hopefully they'll be able sort it out.

Reactions: professoroak
wow how can they not notice that? I have to wonder how much effort they put into pre delivery inspections! I imagine they're under a lot of pressure to get cars handed over to hit their numbers. Gutted for you but hopefully they'll be able sort it out.

I’m not too worried to be honest, it’s only minor. Very happy with the build quality of all the important stuff

Reactions: guru1
Soo it finally arrived M3 LR white Black interior. Haven’t been able to properly check it over but from the torch of my iPhone bodywork looks ok, no visible scratches but will need to check it over when dry tomorrow. App updated within an hour. No mud flaps, apparently a piece was missing or maybe they did not have the time to fit these. No USB ports - disappointed but at least I knew there was a chance though no text!! More importantly it has the new rear lights which is a relief. Haven’t been able to drive it but the missus loves it - it will be hers to drive, weekends for me. Spotify set up - same with Tidal but can’t get Netflix to work without logging in a signing up - thought it was free via Premium connectivity. Hope so - been selling this to my son. Overall very happy despite the delayed delivery - bloke said it was his 5th today from Leicester. Mostly white M3s. Will be taking it for a drive tomorrow and upload some pictures.

Soo it finally arrived M3 LR white Black interior. Haven’t been able to properly check it over but from the torch of my iPhone bodywork looks ok, no visible scratches but will need to check it over when dry tomorrow. App updated within an hour. No mud flaps, apparently a piece was missing or maybe they did not have the time to fit these. No USB ports - disappointed but at least I knew there was a chance though no text!! More importantly it has the new rear lights which is a relief. Haven’t been able to drive it but the missus loves it - it will be hers to drive, weekends for me. Spotify set up - same with Tidal but can’t get Netflix to work without logging in a signing up - thought it was free via Premium connectivity. Hope so - been selling this to my son. Overall very happy despite the delayed delivery - bloke said it was his 5th today from Leicester. Mostly white M3s. Will be taking it for a drive tomorrow and upload some pictures.
Congrats on the new car!
With regards to Netflix. You’ll have to use your own account or sign up. It doesn’t come free with premium connectivity.

I will take some more photos today once clean but there you go - bog standard white with Aeros - it’s leased so couldn’t justify paying £25 p/m for paint. At first glance - with torch - there are no visible scratches or dents in the paintwork. Though some of the fit and finish is pretty poor - based on others reviews I was hoping for better really - tailgate not aligned, rear light clusters and protruding out and not aligned with bodywork, front passenger door miss aligned with from wing and a little with the rear door. But mostly wide gaps - clearly an area Tesla need to work on versus legact manufactors. Mud flaps not installed, temped to leave as is, car looks better but do I risk damage? There is a reason why these get installed right ? No USBs and wireless charging which was expected. Also no green edge on number plate nor Tesla number plate holder. Strange on the number plate - thought that was standard fit?? 7 miles on the clock. Managed to get Spotify working via Tesla account and Tidal logged in. Will take it for a spin but just to sit in it is an experience.

Attachments

• E7ADAB68-4900-44E3-B11D-3EDFF22ECD7E.jpeg
    E7ADAB68-4900-44E3-B11D-3EDFF22ECD7E.jpeg
    574.6 KB · Views: 64
What is the longest time it has taken since collection, before the heated steering wheel and rear seats have been activated?

I am at collection + 8 days now and still nothing. I used the online chat to ask and got a very quick response of "you will get a software update" (on Tuesday I think), but nothing has happened.

Thanks

What is the longest time it has taken since collection, before the heated steering wheel and rear seats have been activated?

I am at collection + 8 days now and still nothing. I used the online chat to ask and got a very quick response of "you will get a software update" (on Tuesday I think), but nothing has happened.

Thanks
What is the version of your software? I believe it should be 2021.40.6

Hi all, having a bit of a moment here in my newly collected model 3.

I spotted this issue on collection day where there was visible seams in the paint of the front bumper just as it's about to wrap around the edges a black line is visible. I can't feel a raise and it seems to be flush but The staff on the day took photos of this as they said they'd never seen it before. Together with the staff and service techs we checked another white car due for collection and it had the same issue (service techs also checked a couple more out back, same issue) Tesla offered to repaint the bumper for me regardless but my past experience with white cars and matching paint had me second guessing so I turned the option down on the day. I've since given the car its first wash and noticed it's worse than I had thought and is pretty much across the length of the bumper bar the right hand drivers side. See photo below, it's only something you'd notice up close but is really grinding on me now.

Anyone with a white car and have this same issue? As I said, we checked another white car on the day and it had the same issue so I sort of went away thinking this is just how it is... I just want to make sure I'm not blowing this out of proportion in my mind.

Attachments

• 20211219_140953.jpg
    20211219_140953.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20211219-151536_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211219-151536_Photos.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Love
Reactions: Abcmsaj