Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they come with protective tape on them? Seen some reviews of other third party mudflaps that look the same, customers noticed paint had rubbed off when they took them off.
I've picked up an identical looking set from Tessories. I've seen recommendations to have some PPF underneath them to protect the paint from being rubbed by the mud flaps where they tuck around the corner.

Reactions: kootuu
She’s arrived… only had a quick look around but it all looks good.

Unfortunately as soon as it arrived my daughter who’s not very well had woken up and was screaming. Hence I had to lock it and just leave on the drive. I noticed it had 6 miles on the clock and 47% battery.

I’d literally not even had chance to take pictures but I will do that as soon as I can. Can’t wait to drive it!

Does anyone know if it needs to be connected to wifi to get the app to activate?

Unfortunately as soon as it arrived my daughter who’s not very well had woken up and was screaming. Hence I had to lock it and just leave on the drive. I noticed it had 6 miles on the clock and 47% battery.

I’d literally not even had chance to take pictures but I will do that as soon as I can. Can’t wait to drive it!

Does anyone know if it needs to be connected to wifi to get the app to activate?
the app should work within 24 hours I believe (but most work sooner). Dont think it needs to be on wifi

Congrats! I hope you're daughter is okay. Look forward to the pics!

Question for those who have recently collected an M3LR (especially those who did so from the Trafford Centre in Manchester):

How long is the charging cable you got with the car? There seem to be mixed posts on here over the past couple months... Some are getting 3m, some 6.5m... I'm really hoping for the latter!
The supplied cable is 15ft/4.6m - would not suprised if its specced in feet!
The Tesla store has a 7.5M one for £100, as these are premium cables with Menikis connectors and I believe fully wired for 3 phase if the charge point supports that's a bit of a bargain.

If you have a home charge point and reverse in (as you should of course) the supplied one is fine. If your on a street to a lampost or in a office car park etc you may have to think about where to park if your using the supplied and the charger is a sub-optimal spot.

Out of interest, what software versions are your cars being delivered on and what have they updated to? I'm still stuck on 2021.36.5.5 which I think according to TeslaFi is quite a low percentage of cars now.

Mine updated to the latest 2021.40.6 this evening. Looks like a large amount of UK cars are getting it so you may well have it available now too if you check.

Collected Saturday, didn't give it WiFi until Sunday but woke up to 2021.40.6, not applied it yet as needed the car but scheduled option was easy to select tonight to update.

Did anyone else order a towbar???
Just had a call from Tesla to say don't use the towbar we gave you, they had all been removed from the car on purpose as there is a "safety issue" to address - could not say if that was the car, towbar fitting or both combined.

I knew it was all going to well...

We pick ours up on Friday from the Space Center in Leicester!

Looking forward to it, my MD has has Model S, S + X now X + 3 and loves them.

Charge point installed into the garage but can I get an EV tarrif atm, no chance, my current 24/7 tarrif is 20p / kw, so still loads cheaper than fossil fuels.

Has anyone successfully got a EV tarrif?

MAK

Managed to get a picture. Everything looks great so far.

Just waiting on the app to activate and the wifi signal isn’t great even tho I have a mesh system just above garage.

Not had chance to drive it yet though so I’ll be back with an update!

Attachments

• FA120AA0-2D09-4B02-AC25-557B9D9C535E.jpeg
    FA120AA0-2D09-4B02-AC25-557B9D9C535E.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 54
Picked up my M3LR last Friday and it downloaded the latest software update yesterday to provide waypoints in the navigation and "British English" as a language choice. Previously I could not get the Tesla Spotify account on the media app but this has now appeared.

I still don't seem to be able to access fog lights although they are on the car and supposed to be part of the spec; does anyone else have this issue?

I took it for 150 mile round trip yesterday and that was very enjoyable; the performance when you floor the accelerator is very different to my old Audi A3 Etron.

For home charging I am using the 6 year old Rolec wall charger and this is delivering 7Kw at 32 Amps, which is fine.