Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else getting a poor wifi signal in their car?

I didn’t think i’d have any trouble as I’ve got a mesh and even a hotspot in the garage but can only just get 1 bar on the drive and that is hit and miss.

Anything I am missing? Is it better to have 2.4ghz rather than 5ghz?
2.4 ghz does travel that bit further than 5, so may be getting signal blocked from walls with 5

Hi - another long time lurker here! Thanks to everyone on the forum who have made the wait pass with loads of great info and added so much to the process!

I picked up my Blue M3 LR with 18s today from Glasgow. No issues per checklist and the collection and trade in was very easy. I’m another lucky one that didn’t get queried about only having 1 key on the trade in - they just checked the mileage and we were done!

Car was very clean and no panel gaps or paint issues as far as I could make out. The car was wet from the rain so will have a further closer look at paint tomorrow if it stays dry. 8 miles on the clock and 44% charge. Took it for a run and then charged at Eurocentral SuC (recommend Piece for a really good lunch/coffee!) and the referral miles had kicked in already.

As far as the drive goes, it’s even better than I remember from the test drive, and no regrets on not going for the performance - the LR is rapid!! Maybe will consider AB further down the line but I’m in no rush!

I couldn’t pick up the Wi-Fi from our house so far but used hotspot on my phone and latest software came through straightaway once we were home, including waypoints and Tidal. Finding the downloaded Tidal Hi-Fi tracks to sound great on the Tesla sound system.

I took a few photos of the rest of the car park for anybody else picking up from Glasgow in the next few days. The car is pretty mucky from the salt on the roads here so I’ll try to get some better photos up over the weekend if I get a chance.

If anybody has any questions on process or car, give me a shout.
Any idea on the size of these downloads at all? Roughly? We talking GB/s or Mbs

Basically the grille has long horizontal slats, this allows leaves to fall through, into the air intake ducting and clog up the system.

There are aftermarket covers/grilles that go over the intake ducting, underneath the outer grille, to stop these leaves from getting in.

A bit of a better explanation above….under the bonnet towards the front screen.

Any idea on the size of these downloads at all? Roughly? We talking GB/s or Mbs

Yeah they are big downloads so health warning on that if you don’t have a big data allowance.

It looks like between the software update, navigation map refresh and games update plus some downloads of music on Tidal (assuming that is via Wi-Fi) I’ve burned through just over 30 GB! Lucky I had a good 5G signal or I could’ve been waiting a long time in a car with only a black screen for company!

Reactions: Oxstock
30 minute warning! Aaaaaah!!! :D

Screenshot_20211204-125151.jpg

C6B22A3B-493B-4183-B4F0-4BDD065C0CB1.jpeg
8DBCC4D0-C899-46EF-ADBA-397358B9DFB4.jpeg

Just collected this morning; had a slight nightmare changing on the way home; didn’t work on multiple stalls. But I updated my address in the account, double checked payment details and started to work; helped by a fellow Angel of Tesla owner at Winchester, thanks whoever you were! So I was down to 16 miles…😥 energy consumption pretty high on a cold damp day, the miles left indicator inaccurate but the % charge left at destination was; arrived at 5%. What else? Well front windows both squeaky, so will see how that beds down. If you are coming from audi don’t expect the same refinement/quality, but that’s not why we bought Tesla is it!😃🎉

View attachment 740483View attachment 740484
Just collected this morning; had a slight nightmare changing on the way home; didn’t work on multiple stalls. But I updated my address in the account, double checked payment details and started to work; helped by a fellow Angel of Tesla owner at Winchester, thanks whoever you were! So I was down to 16 miles…😥 energy consumption pretty high on a cold damp day, the miles left indicator inaccurate but the % charge left at destination was; arrived at 5%. What else? Well front windows both squeaky, so will see how that beds down. If you are coming from audi don’t expect the same refinement/quality, but that’s not why we bought Tesla is it!😃🎉
New car looks great! Congratulations!

Ps: have you experience the build quality / materials in new Audi’s? It’s awful! VW group on major cost cutting to recoup losses from the emissions scandal. Was going to upgrade the Mrs’ Q3 to the new model, but it’s so cheap inside, and yet 25% increase in price over the new model we bought 4 years ago!

Anyway, I digress, back to Tesla talk!

Reactions: Elmet
You mean audi quality in terms of how the windows go down?

Looks great - exactly the same as mine. Critical question - where did you collect from??? I’m spotting the AK reg plates so mine must be where you collected from. Keen to know if they bump my delivery to collection. Cheers

Loooks great 😍 my window is still so squeaky after 10 days. Hopefully goes not sure it justifies the effort of a service request 😂

Reactions: Shakb and Elmet