Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed a 1% drift from charge limit when heating the cabin from the app?

My charge limit was set at 70% plugged in overnight and this morning I pre heated the cabin for 20mins and when I got in the car it was showing 69% battery despite being plugged in.

I could see from my charger that the car was drawing small amounts of power but it wasn’t actually charging.

I presume this is just normal cold weather behavior.

Has anyone noticed a 1% drift from charge limit when heating the cabin from the app?

My charge limit was set at 70% plugged in overnight and this morning I pre heated the cabin for 20mins and when I got in the car it was showing 69% battery despite being plugged in.

I could see from my charger that the car was drawing small amounts of power but it wasn’t actually charging.

I have seen other threads about this. I think its a bug or something.

Yeh I mean that makes sense to me. I don’t think it’s worth the car charging for 1 drop. You might find that the charger kicks in when it drops 5% or more

Yeh I mean that makes sense to me. I don’t think it’s worth the car charging for 1 drop. You might find that the charger kicks in when it drops 5% or more
I tried to heat the car from the app this morning for fun - 3 mins to 20C but couldn't test if the windows were de-iced cos they had no ice on them! lost a mile, and the car made no attempt to charge...so far I'm seeing that from 'cold' the charge rate per hour is slower, so I guess it makes no sense to charge that little bit as it's non optimal.

One thing for those collecting their car - when you do the update, it might get stuck around 60%...if it does then be patient and eventually it gets past that - also if you lock the car then you can't unlock it when it's updating...I did get into a mild panic yesterday for a few mins!

I tried to heat the car from the app this morning for fun - 3 mins to 20C but couldn't test if the windows were de-iced cos they had no ice on them! lost a mile, and the car made no attempt to charge...so far I'm seeing that from 'cold' the charge rate per hour is slower, so I guess it makes no sense to charge that little bit as it's non optimal.

One thing for those collecting their car - when you do the update, it might get stuck around 60%...if it does then be patient and eventually it gets past that - also if you lock the car then you can't unlock it when it's updating...I did get into a mild panic yesterday for a few mins!
Mate thanks for this! Have some already got the update from the off? Or did I make that up?

Doesn’t the car lock automatically? I’ll keep the door open while it’s updating maybe lol. How long did the update take?

Finally got my White SR+ Aero yesterday. Delivery to my workplace was seamless, all done within about 10 mins. Keys handed over, delivery declaration signed and car appeared on the app within 3 hours. Absolutely phenomenal car, cant get over it. Dream to drive, couldn't find any faults, as of yet anyway...

Drove straight to Washington Supercharger, again such an easy experience, sat there watching netflix up to 80% and went on my merry way. Remember to sign your reg at the reception if you go to this one to avoid the fine!

As for other things that have been mentioned, I did get the text about the USB C ports and wireless charging, however from checking mine has them both installed. Updated software, no rear heated seats or steering wheel yet.

Happy to answer any questions if you have them

Reactions: Leejmoff
Finally got my White SR+ Aero yesterday. Delivery to my workplace was seamless, all done within about 10 mins. Keys handed over, delivery declaration signed and car appeared on the app within 3 hours. Absolutely phenomenal car, cant get over it. Dream to drive, couldn't find any faults, as of yet anyway...

Drove straight to Washington Supercharger, again such an easy experience, sat there watching netflix up to 80% and went on my merry way. Remember to sign your reg at the reception if you go to this one to avoid the fine!

As for other things that have been mentioned, I did get the text about the USB C ports and wireless charging, however from checking mine has them both installed. Updated software, no rear heated seats or steering wheel yet.
These super chargers where you need to go into a building / hotel. Are there signs to say do that? Just curious.

These super chargers where you need to go into a building / hotel. Are there signs to say do that? Just curious.
Its an interesting topic apparently, there is a thread about them on this forum somewhere. I'm still new to this but from my experience yesterday, the whole place/car park was pretty dark when I arrived and there were no obvious signs to say you needed to register your car if charging. Definitely none next to the superchargers themselves that I could see, I've heard that the hotels or service stations that the superchargers are at aren't allowed to put any signage on or close to the chargers as they are owned and operated by Tesla.

Anyway it is noted on the supercharger locations when looking through the Tesla website and have heard it mentions it on the navigation system in the car when you put a specific location in but I didn't see that yesterday.

Attachments

• wash.jpg
    wash.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Oxstock
Its an interesting topic apparently, there is a thread about them on this forum somewhere. I'm still new to this but from my experience yesterday, the whole place/car park was pretty dark when I arrived and there were no obvious signs to say you needed to register your car if charging. Definitely none next to the superchargers themselves that I could see, I've heard that the hotels or service stations that the superchargers are at aren't allowed to put any signage on or close to the chargers as they are owned and operated by Tesla.

Anyway it is noted on the supercharger locations when looking through the Tesla website and have heard it mentions it on the navigation system in the car when you put a specific location in but I didn't see that yesterday.
Thanks for this

Reactions: MA17
Doesn’t the car lock automatically? I’ll keep the door open while it’s updating maybe lol. How long did the update take?
Not clear! I walked away after triggering the update whilst parked on the drive...then went to lock it just cos I thought it should be locked...then couldn't get in..whenever I tried the handle it just turned the screen on saying an update was happening.
In the end took around 45 mins - it just doesn't rise in a linear way so hard to tell if it's doing something.

Also had some noises from the charger/battery area - but that's just cos it wasn't pushed in fully (using normal mains/granny charging for now) - so user error!
Used Hilton Heathrow - there's signs that say 30 mins free, redeem inside the hotel with the Tesla kay card. Grim experience inside, one elderly couple checking in, one person on the desk...after 5 mins he noticed me and validated the parking ticket. Only got around 20 mins charge in total cos I couldn't figure out how to pull the charger out 🤪 luckily there was another Tesla owner waiting in his car that helped me - I think I've learned that you just need to not be scared and they don't break...yank it out the charger, push it all the way into the car

Hi guys sorry if this isn’t the best thread to use but how do I use Netflix with my premium connectivity trial account? Do Tesla supply username and password or do I still have to use my own account?

Thanks

So what is the purpose of premium does it just allow you to watch Netflix with your own account?
It’s premium connectivity. Essentially your car has a working SIM card. That’s what you’re paying for - premium connectivity has nothing to do with Netflix other than the ability to stream anywhere.

You can connect your phone of course to do this but it’s clunky as f. Reports of people having to set up their mobile phone as a hot spot at the start of every journey.

It’s clunky because Tesla want you to pay for the sim.