Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, first time poster (and first time soon to be tesla owner) - apologies in advance if my question is daft.

I ordered an inventory M3LR Blue, Black, 18 on 13/8 and have had the VIN straightaway 321***. Spoke with Tesla on the phone on Friday and they said mid-end September and that it was coming from China. Given the VIN and dates, is it likely to already be en route? If so, on the Grand Ruby? Anything else that can be gleaned from this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi all, first time poster (and first time soon to be tesla owner) - apologies in advance if my question is daft.

I ordered an inventory M3LR Blue, Black, 18 on 13/8 and have had the VIN straightaway 321***. Spoke with Tesla on the phone on Friday and they said mid-end September and that it was coming from China. Given the VIN and dates, is it likely to already be en route? If so, on the Grand Ruby? Anything else that can be gleaned from this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I would imagine it may have already been shipped if you got the VIN straightaway;probably lake geneva or glovis companion .I ll let the more knowledgeable folks give you a proper answer

So am I right in saying that leased car owners wont be able to view their VIN in source code?
my car has a RN but no information further yet except “mid to end September”.
on my Tesla account I cannot see any orders or vehicles on there even though Tesla are the ones that sent SMS, Tesla are also the people that generated my online account
You are indeed correct. All my correspondence with Tesla has been through text (and 1 email). I too have leased. Your next text will be from Tesla with a delivery date. Reply to this with your address and they’ll reply with a confirmation of delivery date/address.

Then just play the waiting game.

You are indeed correct. All my correspondence with Tesla has been through text (and 1 email). I too have leased. Your next text will be from Tesla with a delivery date. Reply to this with your address and they’ll reply with a confirmation of delivery date/address.

Then just play the waiting game.
Damn! Not the news I was hoping for. I have been pressuring my sales advisor for a couple of days and Im glad I did - when I signed up I was told September delivery, then for some reason I was put on for a November delivery!! If I didnt ask for more information then this wouldn't have changed, thanks to people on this forum I found out about the "spare stock" on the Tesla website. I have asked my sales advisor to ask the supplying dealership for further information, such as the boat the car is on. The response from the Tesla dealer to my advisor was this
"
Cars are allocated to orders automatically once they’ve departed Shanghai Port onboard a vessel en route to the UK.

This order is ear-marked to be matched to a vehicle in the current production batch. Current delivery estimate is mid-to-late September.

Once a car has been matched, we will add the VIN, registration and a more definitive ETA to our update spreadsheet.

We do not provide specific shipping information to drivers.

Kind regards,"

I then responded with a request for the VIN

Tesla chat told me that because I am not the owner I will not get the VIN/allocation correspondence. Your lease company may give you the VIN for reference but it won't be straight from Tesla.
Have you had any update on your delivery? I ordered a few of days after you and have had no updates at all. Mine’s on business contract hire through Tesla. Can’t decide whether I’m going to get a pleasant surprise on collection date; or if the silence means it’s December because of some cock up!

Have you had any update on your delivery? I ordered a few of days after you and have had no updates at all. Mine’s on business contract hire through Tesla. Can’t decide whether I’m going to get a pleasant surprise on collection date; or if the silence means it’s December because of some cock up!
I would contact your leasing person - if I didn’t then I would’ve had a November date as someone screwed up

Hey all. Long time listener, first time caller.

Ordered M3LR in MSM at the end of July. Like many others, I had an email to check my contract, and this led to discovering the VIN in the page source.

329*** - I'm picking up from Manchester. Getting very excited.

I am also getting through NHS Fleet, though the lease company is actually Kinto. I expect you'll get it September though 2nd week will likely be the ship before yours. If you go over to the excellent shipping thread and keep an eye out for mentions of Grand Ruby, I'll bet that's the one yours is on
Hi, yes we’re in the same boat (perhaps - pun intended!) - M3LR white/black, ordered mid-June through NHS Fleet. Still only have RN and nothing visible in the online account - but being told early-mid September 🤞
Thanks both! Does indeed sound like we're in/on the same boat 😂 Has anyone heard anything more from Tesla yet? No email/text for me yet, but I can see others ordering around the same time are getting VIN/delivery dates!
Cheers!

And as I was playing around with the forum and source page codes, an allocation SMS just arrived! So happy! No official mention of the VIN though and no apparent change to the order page...

Can anyone guess on which ship the car could be? I am based in London.

M3 LR BLK & BLK ordered 16 July collection from Birmingham, paperwork completed same day.
Not heard anything until todays 3am email about finance already completed and accepted.
Spoke to chat who confirmed car allocated, collection will be end of September, nothing updated on my account page.

Searching the 'view page source' for 5yj - reveals nothing? am I searching for the right thing?
Was scrolling through messages as usual when my phone beeped the magic text message from Tesla at 11:14 today - Car allocated - Your arrival date is being calculated.