Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model 3 Long Range, black exterior, black interior, enhanced autopilot, and standard wheels for collection at the NEC in B'ham. Ordered on the 21st Aug and was informed delivery (estimated) would be Sept. Speaking to the sales chap I'm dealing with he said it would be mid-late Sept. Here's hoping I get allocated soon. I'm following the 'shipping movements' thread like a hawk!

Just got my delivery scheduling message and scheduled for 23 Sep pickup at the Blue Water Mall.

Ordered White SR+ 07/08/2021.

I can now pay my deposit and sign the final paperwork. Do people usually wait for closer to the date of delivery or should I just do it ASAP?

I don’t think so - I have my number on retention and they said no. I have to wait to get my own V5c then apply the retention. Then pay admin again to change the insurance.😡
How can the car be registered with your plate, what do you expect would happen when you wanted to sell it and take the plate with you?

Also, by having the plate on retention your assignment fee is covered isn't it? I've also been charged nothing the last two times I've changed plates with my insurance companies.

How can the car be registered with your plate, what do you expect would happen when you wanted to sell it and take the plate with you?

Also, by having the plate on retention your assignment fee is covered isn't it? I've also been charged nothing the last two times I've changed plates with my insurance companies.
Love it when people just automatically assume that everybody should know everything about everything. He only asked a question!!

As I said Tesla won’t register it with my retained plate. It’s my plate and I move it between cars I own while I own them. However other car manufactures will do it as I can assign permission for them to register the car with my plate. The car still has a current year plate assigned in the background by DVLA. I can see that Tesla would not want to get involved in the process as it would be non standard for their admin.

Hey guys, I also received my delivery date. Earliest date showing on their system was the 20th and I hastily chose it. Only just realised I couldn't actually make it so I called up 20minutes ago and asked to change to later date.

The rep on the phone said my car would actually be ready on the 18th and asked if I would like to pick up earlier (hell yeah I would).

Might be worth giving them a bell to see if your cars might be available a little bit earlier ;)

Reactions: moodel_tree