Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well thats me all sorted. Paid final balance today and sent pdf of payment from bank showing money transfer. I got a message back after 1/2 hour and account showed balance of car £0. 1 hour later another text with VIN (which I already got from source code) and REG, sorted insurance out. Just counting down to 6th Sept to pick it up now.
Is the sending the proof of payment essential? Surely they can see your balance is zero? I’m assuming this is more for people who pay very close to the collection date.
I'm the same, completed payment, balance £0. Already had my VIN and reg. Insurance sorted (good deal from LV combining my wife's Zoe with my M3LR with AB). Counting the days until 4th.
I would like to say my SA from Belfast has been excellent, very communitive and informing me of the VIN, vessel and reg early doors.
I also received a courtesy call and text this evening from Tesla Maidenhead :). He also mentioned the proof of payment is for the people who pay closer to the collection

I'm the same, completed payment, balance £0. Already had my VIN and reg. Insurance sorted (good deal from LV combining my wife's Zoe with my M3LR with AB). Counting the days until 4th.
I would like to say my SA from Belfast has been excellent, very communitive and informing me of the VIN, vessel and reg early doors.
I also received a courtesy call and text this evening from Tesla Maidenhead :). He also mentioned the proof of payment is for the people who pay closer to the collection

really good to hear you got that service. It’s pretty much radio silence and I’m not allowed to know the vessel my car is on, it’s like the worlds most closely guarded secret with my SA.

Hi All,

I'm new to the community. I'm a first time Tesla buyer! I placed my order on the 21st Aug. I completed the 'prepare for delivery' items this morning, I held off as I'm not sure if I'm financing with Tesla or a 3rd party but speaking to the sales rep he advised to select 'Cash' and if I need Tesla finance we can always change it later via Support.

Not having a delivery date will do my head in I'm sure as I have a car on finance I need to get rid of before I can take out a new agreement. Tesla's part-ex offer was much lower than others. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any horror stories/advice?

When I reserved/ordered, I was told delivery would be Sept so I'm hoping I got there just in time as the next day when I checked the custom order lead times when building a random configuration, the est. delivery for new orders changed to Nov! I'm waiting for a VIN (source code is null) however given a few recent updates on here I'm going to assume my order will be on Triton Ace.

I've gone for a Model 3 Long Range, Black exterior, black interior, Enhanced autopilot.

Anyway... I'm genuinely excited about taking delivery (whenever it happens!).
Hi, and welcome.

it sounds you started out exactly the same as me.

I selected the “cash” option as I was (and still am) leasing my current car. I only have one car available so needed to hold out for as long as possible before deciding what to do.

I was worried about applying for Tesla finance whilst I still had my current lease but, after a call with Tesla finance, they assured me they see people in my situation all the time and suggested I shouldn’t have any issues applying for finance whilst I was still paying my current lease. I took the risk and applied. Accepted in about 90 seconds!!!

Just today I sold my current vehicle via Motorway for more than I paid for it 18 months ago. So, I’ll have no car for a week or so when it goes but will hire a car for that period with the profit I made from the sale.

I hope that helps you somewhat.

Good luck!

Reactions: moodel_tree
I was worried about applying for Tesla finance whilst I still had my current lease but, after a call with Tesla finance, they assured me they see people in my situation all the time and suggested I shouldn’t have any issues applying for finance whilst I was still paying my current lease. I took the risk and applied. Accepted in about 90 seconds!!!

Just today I sold my current vehicle via Motorway for more than I paid for it 18 months ago. So, I’ll have no car for a week or so when it goes but will hire a car for that period with the profit I made from the sale.

Good luck!
I ordered my LR while I still had my month-old SR+, and completed the finance application as part of the order process.

Obviously the intention was to settle the SR+ finance prior to the delivery of the LR and my SA said he’d contact finance to let them know so it wouldn’t affect my finance application for the new LR.

Imagine my surprise when Tesla insta-approved the finance for a second Model 3 (SA hadn’t contacted them at this point). Actually really surprised it didn’t set off some flags or at least a manual intervention for them to check why I wanted a second Model 3 after a month! But no, they were happy to sell another car I guess!

Reactions: NJR46
Hi, and welcome.

it sounds you started out exactly the same as me.

I selected the “cash” option as I was (and still am) leasing my current car. I only have one car available so needed to hold out for as long as possible before deciding what to do.

Good luck!
Thanks for the swift reply. Glad I'm not the only one in this boat! I've shopped around for finance as it seemed like Tesla was a tad bit more expensive on the monthly payments due to a higher APR. I'm hoping to get finance through Forza and they've sent me a very competitive quote with finance from santander.

Glad to hear Tesla are quick to accept even if you have another vehicle on finance. They'll be my fallback if Forza doesn't work out for whatever reason.

When are you expecting delivery of your new car?

Thanks for the swift reply. Glad I'm not the only one in this boat! I've shopped around for finance as it seemed like Tesla was a tad bit more expensive on the monthly payments due to a higher APR. I'm hoping to get finance through Forza and they've sent me a very competitive quote with finance from santander.

Glad to hear Tesla are quick to accept even if you have another vehicle on finance. They'll be my fallback if Forza doesn't work out for whatever reason.

When are you expecting delivery of your new car?
Weirdly I couldn’t find a decent/better APR elsewhere unless it was contact hire (I’ve done PCP).

Anyway, my pick up date is 11th September at Bluewater.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Had a VIN allocated early August from existing inventory (322*** for a white/white LR with 19") and was told on phone that arriving on ship 22nd August, expected collection second or third week of September. Was on live chat today and told no trace, still on ship most likely, collection end September. Makes planning anything difficult!
Hopefully you will receive it in September. If it’s on a ship however I’d expect them to be able to trace it - worth trying chat again to see if you get someone else who will give you more information.

The arrive 22 August and collect 3 to 4 weeks later is misleading, they would normally turn deliveries around faster than that.